poltergeist by Kristina Avdey - Illustrated by Kristina Avdey - Ourboox.com
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

poltergeist

by

Artwork: Kristina Avdey

  • Joined Nov 2022
  • Published Books 2

According to the Oxford Dictionary, a poltergeist is a ghost or other supernatural being believed to be responsible for physical disturbances such as loud noises and moving objects. Poltergeists are not a typical type of ghost, as they can interact with the material world, sometimes with devastating consequences. The American Paranormal Research Association (A.P.R.A.) investigates this phenomenon, looking for evidence of forgery and fraud, or confirming paranormal activity. Several separate studies in the 20th century traced paranormal activity to specific individuals. The theory says that a person causes inexplicable physical manifestations, such as levitation through emotional and mental stimulus.

2
poltergeist by Kristina Avdey - Illustrated by Kristina Avdey - Ourboox.com

1 Enfield Poltergeist “Before I died, I went blind, had a hemorrhage, passed out, and died in the corner below,” the eerie voice, which can still be heard on tape, belongs to Bill Wilkins, a grumpy old man who died long before after the Hodgson family moved into his house in north London. The voice came from the body of an 11-year-old girl named Janet Hodgson, who was believed to have been possessed. The Enfield poltergeist case is one of the most widely recognized cases of paranormal activity in the world. Events that took place between August 1977 and the fall of 1978 included moving furniture, mysterious banging on walls, and flying objects. Poltergeist researcher Guy Lyon Playfair wrote a book about the case.

4
poltergeist by Kristina Avdey - Illustrated by Kristina Avdey - Ourboox.com
poltergeist by Kristina Avdey - Illustrated by Kristina Avdey - Ourboox.com

“Usually the source of the poltergeist is the oppressed psyche of a teenager entering the stage of puberty. Due to some temporary anomalies of the nervous system, its energy spring mysteriously straightens up, throws out its animated projection into space and turns into an evil invisible man who throws stones, breaks dishes and destroys everything that comes to hand. As a rule, the “noisy spirit” is completely satisfied with what he has done and calms down by himself, but sometimes he discovers the gift of an arsonist in himself, and this hobby for the family of an unfortunate teenager is more dangerous than all the previous pranks put together”

— Nandor Fodor, Fury That Sizzles Homes

9
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Ad Remove Ads [X]
Skip to content