Acne-scars-reduction-in-Bangalore
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Remove Acne Scars with Professional Treatments

by

Artwork: Kanika Kumari

Cosmetic Dermatology is relatively new, and often Dermatologists and patients alike can rush into treatment and technologies without being aware Read More
  • Joined Sep 2019
  • Published Books 25

Severe acne can cause scarring at times. A wide range of treatments can help to remove or reduce their appearance. A qualified dermatologist can help by examining the patient and suggesting the right treatment plan. Best acne scar treatment in Bangalore is provided at Dr. Dixit Cosmetic Dermatology by an expert skin doctor Dr. Rasya Dixit. Her clinic is equipped with modern technology and pieces of equipment that help the patient to avail the benefits of the best treatment and results.

2
Acne-scars-reduction-in-Bangalore

Kinds of Acne Scars

Some of these scars are permanent, and some fade away with time. Acne scars exist in various forms:

Skin discoloration: A healed acne scar can leave the skin discolored sometimes. It is also referred to as post-inflammatory hyper-pigmentation. Skin discoloration may remain visible for quite some time even after the acne has fully healed.

4

Macules: They are flat, red spots where the acne was once existing. These can persist for a period of few weeks and then fade away on their own.

Tissue scars: Some kinds of acne can cause scarring that will be visible as enlarged, raised, growths of tissue. These acne scars are called keloids or hypertrophic scars and are formed as a result of excess collagen production in the skin.

5

Loss of tissue: Scars that are caused by loss of tissue are more common than raised tissue scars. These scars are commonly known as ice-pick scars, soft scars, atrophic macules, depressed fibrotic scars, or follicular macular atrophy. They look like craters or pits in the skin.

6

Acne Scar Removal Treatments:

Getting the acne scars treated is one’s personal decision. Acne and acne scars can affect one’s mental health. Some people decide to have their acne scars removed as they are emotionally affected by their appearance. Others get their severe and disfiguring scars removed to restore the original appearance of their skin. Widely used acne scar removal treatments include:

7

Dermabrasion: Dermabrasion is a very effective scar removal treatment. It involves using a high-speed brush or a different instrument to restore the surface of the skin and significantly reduce the depth of scars.

Microdermabrasion: This is a less intensive kind of dermabrasion. A doctor uses a spray of minute crystals rather than using a high-speed brush to remove the skin from the surface. More than one session may be required.

8

Chemical peels: After the acne has healed, chemical peels are used to reduce the appearance of shallow acne scars and post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation. It involves applying a chemical to the skin to remove its outer layer, providing the patient with a smoother and a more even appearance. The strength of the chemical used determines the redness and peeling for a few days after treatment.

9

Fillers: Fillers are used to fill out certain types of acne scars. Substances like collagen and hyaluronic acid are used. It is mostly used around the scars that have caused a depressed skin. As the skin eventually absorbs fillers, one has to repeat the filler injection treatment every few months, depending on the product used.

10

Lasers: A laser is used to remove the outer layer of the skin, contouring acne-scarred areas, or to lighten redness around a healed acne. It also encourages new, healthy skin cells to grow and replace the scar tissue. Types of laser treatments include:

11

Ablative laser resurfacing: This aims to remove the top layer of the skin in the area where scarring has occurred.

Non-ablative laser resurfacing: This is meant to enhance collagen production and promote new cell growth to replace the damaged and scarred tissues.

Fractionated laser treatment: It is meant to stimulate the tissue under the scar to remove darkly pigmented skin cells.

12

Treatments like these can improve the skin’s aesthetics and appearance. Certified and qualified dermatologists should perform these procedures. Dr. Rasya Dixit is a specialist for acne treatment in Bangalore. Contact Dr. Dixit at [email protected] to book an appointment and to know more about this treatment benefits.

13

Source: https://medium.com/@drdixitcosmeticdermatology01/remove-acne-scars-with-professional-treatments-def4f8f58bb6

 

Contact us:

Address: 32, 1st floor, (Above HDFC Bank), 1st Main Koramangala 1st block, Bangalore-560034

Email: [email protected]

Mobile: +91-9901890588, +91-9901162088
Website: https://www.drdixitcosmeticdermatology.com

14
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Ad Remove Ads [X]
Skip to content