SA south africa by Eliran magnezi - Illustrated by omer ovadia and eliran magnezi - Ourboox.com
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

SA south africa

by

Artwork: omer ovadia and eliran magnezi

  • Joined May 2020
  • Published Books 1

animals world

birds

 

 

 

  • there are more than 160 species of birds in south africa .
  • the blue crane, also known as the Stanley crane and the paradise crane, is the national bird of South Africa.
  • the biggest bird in south africa is the ostrich

 

2
SA south africa by Eliran magnezi - Illustrated by omer ovadia and eliran magnezi - Ourboox.com

animals world

Kruger National Park

 

  • Kruger National Park is the biggest park in South Africa,19,485 sq.km, and one of the biggest national parks in the world. with combinations of biomes like the savannah, thornveld and woodland eco-zones.
  • In Kruger National Park there are is large amount of African-mammals.
  • there are 147 mammals , 507 birds, 114 reptiles ,34 amphibians and 49 fish species in the park!

 

 

4
SA south africa by Eliran magnezi - Illustrated by omer ovadia and eliran magnezi - Ourboox.com

famous people in south africa

Elon Musk

Elon Reeve Musk, was born in June 28, 1971. he was Born and raised in pretoria, south africa when he was 17 he moved to Canada to attend queen’s university.

in may 2002 musk  founded spaceX. SpaceX designs, manufactures and launches advanced rockets and spacecraft. the company’s goal is to enable living on other plants.

in 2008 the company launged their first rocket “FALCON 1 “  Falcon 1 becomes the first privately developed liquid fuel rocket to reach Earth orbit.

today elons’s net worth is 40 billion USD

6
SA south africa by Eliran magnezi - Illustrated by omer ovadia and eliran magnezi - Ourboox.com

famous people in south africa

abba Eban

Born in Cape Town, South Africa, on 2 February 1915 to Jewish parents. Eban moved to the United Kingdom at an early age

What made him famous was his political activities and his brilliant and exceptional expression. He was considered the “diplomat number one” of the State of Israel.

Participated in the design of UN Security Council Resolution 242, which ensured that there was no peace without a withdrawal .

Represented Israel in the form of Resolution 338. Following this decision, Ibn headed the Israeli delegation to the Geneva Conference – the first peace conference.

 

 

8
SA south africa by Eliran magnezi - Illustrated by omer ovadia and eliran magnezi - Ourboox.com

calture

golf

South Africa is a golfer’s paradise, with exceptional weather and magnificent golf courses located in areas of pristine beauty.

Golf in South Africa has a long and illustrious history and South Africa is one of the great golfing nations. Golf is easily the best individual sports event that South Africans participate.

south africa has a golf championship called “African Open Championship”.

The South African Open Championship is one of the oldest national open golf championships in the world.

According to the South African Golf Association, there are more than 450 affiliated golf clubs serving more than 125,000 golfers.

10
SA south africa by Eliran magnezi - Illustrated by omer ovadia and eliran magnezi - Ourboox.com

calture

Wine 

The Route Garden

  • the Route Garden is considered the most famous wine area of South Africa. between the most famous in the whole world. In addition to excellent wine, the area offers wonderful views, national parts and beautiful mountain ridge.
  • Activities along Route 62 include wine tours, safari drives, tribal art, cultural tours, museums, hiking, mountain climbing, jeep trips, canoeing, horse riding, ostrich riding, fishing, caving, and even skydiving.
  • Route 62 spans a distance of 850 km from Cape Town to Port Elizabeth.
  • South African wine has a history dating back to 1659, with the first bottle produced in cape tpwn.
  • Production is concentrated around cape town, with major garden and production centres.

 

12
SA south africa by Eliran magnezi - Illustrated by omer ovadia and eliran magnezi - Ourboox.com

south africa

Population

  • The population of south africa is about 58.8 million people of diverse origins, cultures, languages, and religions.  Of the total South African population at the time, 79.4 percent declared themselves to be Black African while 9.2 percent were shown as White. 
  • The most common languages in the country are the tribal African languages Zulu and Xhosa.
14
SA south africa by Eliran magnezi - Illustrated by omer ovadia and eliran magnezi - Ourboox.com

south africa

Geography

  • South Africa is the 25th-largest country in the world. 
  • South Africa has long coastline and along two oceans (the South Atlantic and the Indian).
  • The Orange River is South Africa’s largest river. Rising in the Drakensberg Mountains.
  • South Africa has borders with 6 countries, Namibia, Botswana and even a country inside the area of South Africa that call Lasoto.
  • South Africa is a country with lots of contrasts, ski resorts in on side and in desert 50 degrees.
16
SA south africa by Eliran magnezi - Illustrated by omer ovadia and eliran magnezi - Ourboox.com

black

townships in south africa

In south africa, the terms township and location usually refer to the often underdeveloped racially segregated urban areas that (from the late 19th century until the end of apartheid) were reserved for non-whites, namely Indians, Africans and Coloreds.

Townships were usually built on the periphery of towns and cities.

A  quarter (24.35% or about 11.6 million) of South Africa’s population of 47.8 million people live in the 76 largest townships

 

 

 

18
SA south africa by Eliran magnezi - Illustrated by omer ovadia and eliran magnezi - Ourboox.com

black

soweto

the riots in soweto

  • Soweto is a township of the city of johannesburg, south africa.
  • The source of the name is from english and its say south western township.
  • Soweto was created in 1930’s when the white government start separating blacks from white.
  • Today, soweto is a third of johannesburg’s population.
  • The Soweto uprising was a series of demonstrations led by black students in South Africa.
  • The Soweto uprising began on the morning of 16 june 1976.
  • The black students protested against learning in school in Afrikaans language.
  • 20,000 students took part in the protests.the number of protesters that were killed was 176, but the estimates is up to 700.

 

20
SA south africa by Eliran magnezi - Illustrated by omer ovadia and eliran magnezi - Ourboox.com
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Ad Remove Ads [X]
Skip to content