See You in the Next Incarnation by Dafna Perlstein - Ourboox.com
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

See You in the Next Incarnation

  • Joined Mar 2023
  • Published Books 11

As a Jew, you may be familiar with the concept of reincarnation, which suggests that our souls return to the physical world in multiple lifetimes. This idea is explored in Ravid Plotnik’s song “נתראה בגלגול הבא” (“See You in the Next Incarnation”), which draws upon Jewish mysticism and Kabbalah themes to convey the idea of life as a journey of growth and evolution.

 

The song also has a personal connection to a tragic event that occurred in Israel in 2018. On April 26th of that year, Gali Belali, along with nine other boys, perished in a flood disaster in Nahal Tsfit during a formation trip on behalf of the “Bnei Zion” preparatory school. Gali was a big fan of Ravid Plotnik’s music, and after her death, her parents shared some of the poems she had written with the artist.

2
See You in the Next Incarnation by Dafna Perlstein - Ourboox.com

Inspired by Gali’s spirit and the themes of life, death, and rebirth that are often associated with grief and mourning, Ravid Plotnik wrote “נתראה בגלגול הבא” as a tribute to Gali and the other young people who lost their lives in the disaster. The song encourages listeners to embrace the journey of life and to look forward to the possibility of returning in a future incarnation to continue their path of growth and evolution.

 

The story of the Baal Shem Tov, a famous Jewish spiritual leader, also speaks to the concept of reincarnation and growth. According to legend, before he was born, his soul had already been destined to become a great teacher and leader. However, in a past life, the Baal Shem Tov had been a simple shoemaker who lived a humble and unassuming life.

4

One night, the shoemaker had a dream in which an angel appeared to him and showed him a vision of his future as the Baal Shem Tov. The shoemaker was confused and asked the angel why he was being shown this, as he did not feel worthy of such a great destiny.

 

The angel explained that the shoemaker was not yet ready for this task, but that he would live many more lives, each time learning and growing until he was ready to fulfill his purpose. The shoemaker was then shown a vision of all the different incarnations he would experience, each one bringing him closer to his ultimate destiny as the Baal Shem Tov.

5

6

 

This story of reincarnation and growth is echoed in Ravid Plotnik’s song, as he honors the memory of Gali Belali and encourages listeners to embrace the journey of life, with all its ups and downs, and to look forward to the possibility of returning in a future incarnation to continue their path of growth and evolution.

7
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Skip to content