Acne-Treatment-in-Hyderabad.jpg
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Seven Common Myths About Acne

by

Artwork: Keerti Kalva

Dr. Keerthana Kalva is the best skin specialist in Hyderabad. She is an expert in the systemic management of cosmetic Read More
  • Joined Jun 2020
  • Published Books 19

It is an unfortunate fact that acne plagues most people at some point of time in their lives. Waking up with a pesky zit is frustrating and even embarrassing at times, especially during special occasions. Everyone seems to notice nothing but the pimple, which does not go away. Worse than that, these acne leave behind skin discoloration or scarring most of the times. Despite its commonality, there are many misconceptions surrounding acne. Due to plenty of tabloid articles, blogs, social media posts, etc. circulating on the internet, it can be hard to separate fact from fiction.

2
Acne-Treatment-in-Hyderabad.jpg

The best skin specialist in Hyderabad, practicing at Inform Clinics, Dr. Keerthana Kalva, shares the top seven myths about acne.

Myth 1: Popping a pimple makes it heal faster

Fact: Popping a pimple makes it worse. The inflammation becomes more swollen and red. The risk of acne scars increases as squeezing a pimple interferes with the skin’s natural healing process.

Solution: To speed up the healing process, one can directly apply some topical medication that works best in drying out the pimple. This way, the acne would not leave any scars or blemishes.

4

Myth 2: Acne is caused by not washing face

Fact: Washing face with a cleanser twice a day is enough to extract out the impurities. But, overwashing the face can do more harm than good. Overwashing dries out and irritates the skin further, which can cause more acne as the skin tries to compensate for the loss of moisture by producing even more sebum.

Solution: Wash face in the morning and night with a cleanser that suits the skin type. People who are prone to acne can use a mild cleanser that keeps skin healthy and fresh.

5

Myth 3: Acne happens overnight

Fact: Before popping out on the surface, acne remains beneath the skin. First, the skin pores get clogged with excess sebum, dead skin cells, and dirt. This leads to an overgrowth of bacteria, which combines with the gunk and causes inflammation. The inflammation gradually develops into acne.

Solution: Follow a good skincare routine. Use topical or prescription acne medication as needed. Treat acne at its source once the inflammation starts to develop.

6

Myth 4: Acne affects people with oily skin type

Fact: While oily skin people are more likely to develop acne, the skin condition can also affect people with dry, sensitive, or combination skin types. No matter what the skin type, the overgrowth of P. acnes bacteria can cause acne.

Solution: Many acne medications can make the skin drier, which can cause more acne problems. Thus, it is essential to keep the skin healthy and moisturized by the regular application of moisturizer. Choose the right moisturizer according to skin type and condition.

7

Myth 5: Acne is not genetic

Fact: Many studies have shown a link between genetic characteristics and acne formation. Genes influence the inflammatory response of the skin. If someone is genetically predisposed to acne, they have a strong inflammatory response to the bacteria which causes acne.

Solution: Even if someone is genetically predisposed to acne, one can manage their acne with the right treatment from a qualified dermatologist. Visit the best skin clinic in Hyderabad, Inform Clinics, to find the most advanced treatments for acne.

8

Myth 6: Acne affects only teenagers

Fact: Acne is not something that disappears once someone reaches adulthood. Some people experience acne in their 20s or 30s due to a variety of factors such as unhealthy eating habits, chronic stress, less physical activity, makeup, etc.

Solution: Consult a qualified dermatologist as they will help to identify the root cause of acne and also provide the correct treatment to combat acne.

9

Myth 7: DIYs are effective to treat acne

Fact: Multiple DIYs are available for acne on the internet. Some DIYs can work wonders for an individual, but for the other, it can make the condition worse. For instance, toothpaste is considered an effective pimple treatment, but it contains harsh ingredients that can clog pores and trigger acne growth.

Solution: Check the ingredients used in the DIY and research about them to know whether they are suitable for the skin type or not. If the acne is persistent, consult a qualified dermatologist. For an apt acne treatment in Hyderabad, consult Inform Clinics.

10

The acne treatment cost in Hyderabad depends upon the type of treatment and the type of acne. Thus, the cost might vary from person to person. For more information about acne treatment, visit Inform Clinics.

Resource: https://drkeerthanakalva.blogspot.com/2020/03/seven-common-myths-about-acne.html

11

Contact:

Name: Dr. Keerthana Kalva
Address: Inform Cosmetic Surgery and Medical Aesthetics, 3rd floor, Park View, Adjacent to CVR Health, Road Number 1, Jubilee Hills, Hyderabad – 500033

Email ID: [email protected]

Phone: +91-7569987471

12
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Ad Remove Ads [X]
Skip to content