Taglit Comes to Town by Mel Rosenberg - מל רוזנברג - Ourboox.com
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Taglit Comes to Town

After fruitful careers as a scientist and inventor I've gone back to what I love most - writing children's books Read More
  • Joined Oct 2013
  • Published Books 1552

It’s today! I am speaking to dozens of eager young Jewish students from the US. They are here on the Birthright Israel project, AKA Taglit.

 

 

 

2
Taglit Comes to Town by Mel Rosenberg - מל רוזנברג - Ourboox.com

Should I tell them that I left Canada when I was still 17 and came to Israel for one year. That was back in 1969. It turned out to be a very long year. From day one I fell in love with the kibbutz (Urim), the country, the people (well, most people). I will tell them that I studied at Hebrew University (if you call what we did studying) and then at Tel Aviv University. Then Army, Israeli wife and kids and now grandchildren, the whole nine yards.

4

Should I tell them about my scientific career, how I ended up co-inventing a very successful product (two-phase mouthwash) and a bunch of less successful ones? I should tell them how lucky I was. I should talk a bit about success and luck in general.

5

Should I mention that Dr. Yossi Vardi began inviting me to un-conference events about a dozen years ago and how that changed my life. Oh, and of course mention his philosophy about silliness  and entrepreneurship. I should remember to say a word or two about the importance of barking. Woof woof.

 

 

 

6

I will talk about my current passion, which is Ourboox.com. I will share my vision of a world in which anyone can become a published author of e-books incorporating text pictures, videos and much more.  In any language, even Portuguese! And for free!

 

7

I will share my belief that good entrepreneurship is not just about making money, but rather trying to make a positive change in the society in which you live.

And I will make sure they see this book. And hopefully make some of their own!!

 

8

Mel’s Ten Tip Recipe for Success in Entrepreneurship

1.Don’t be afraid of failure. Embrace it. No can be a more empowering word than yes.

2.Develop a passion for silliness and nonsense! Bark!

3.Think between boxes. Make unanticipated connections.

9

4.Be a luck burglar. Track luck down. Bang on luck’s door. Jiggle the locks.

5.Observe everything. Every observation is an opportunity for disruption. Curiosity is key.

6.Tell a story. Your story.

10

7. Innovation is a two step process. The first step involves childish thinking. Be childish.

8. Do something good. Money may follow.

9. Be passionate about your life. It’s infectious

10.Enjoy your journey!

 

11
Taglit Comes to Town by Mel Rosenberg - מל רוזנברג - Ourboox.com
13
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Skip to content