Taras Ebook by Tara Riggs - Ourboox.com
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Taras Ebook

  • Joined Oct 2023
  • Published Books 1

To Educators, this ebook is designed for fourth grade math students. It contains singalong songs for students to find the fun in math! The outcome is to hopefully take confusion away from multiplication and bring in the fun. There is also a game that students can play at home with siblings friends or guardians.

2

Learning objectives:

After this lesson he students should be able to…

-Multiply by 2 and 4 ex. (8×2=16), (4×4=16)

– Multiply by 9

– Be able to recognize factors of 2, 4, and 9

3

How to multiply by 2 and 4!

 

4

How to Multiply by 9!

 

5
  1. Shuffle the deck of cards and deal them face down, giving each player an equal number of cards until the deck runs out.
  2. Each player should keep their cards in a stack. Assign picture cards, such as jacks, queens, and kings, a value of 10. Give aces a value of either 11 or 1.
  3. Demonstrate to your child how to play the game:
    1. Each player turns two cards face up, reads the number sentence, and providesthe answer.
    2. For example, if your child draws a 5 and a 4, they should say, “5 x 4 = 20.” If youdraw a 7 and an 8, then your number sentence is “7 x 8 = 56.” Because your product is larger, you win the four cards and you put them at the bottom of your pile.
  4. If each of you has a number sentence with the same product, then it’s war! When this happens, each player puts four cards face down and turns up two of them. The player with the largest product wins all eight cards.
  5. Set up the timer, and play the game for 10 to 15 minutes. When the timer goes off, each player should count their cards. The player with the most cards wins. If one player runs out of cards before time is up, then the other player wins.
  6. Say no to boring “drill and kill”; get your game on! Multiplication Math War is an enjoyable way to spend time with your child while strengthening their math skills.
6
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Ad Remove Ads [X]
Skip to content