Mel’s Ten Good Reasons to Smoke Cigarettes by Mel Rosenberg - מל רוזנברג - Ourboox.com
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Mel’s Ten Good Reasons to Smoke Cigarettes

After fruitful careers as a scientist and inventor I've gone back to what I love most - writing children's books Read More
  • Joined Oct 2013
  • Published Books 1550

It’s a free world.

People need freedom. Freedom to be what they want to be, to do what they want to do. Hey, that’s what the ad says (it also says below that smoking kills, but it’s in Hebrew and hey, who reads Hebrew?).

2
Mel’s Ten Good Reasons to Smoke Cigarettes by Mel Rosenberg - מל רוזנברג - Ourboox.com

Smoking is a great way to meet new friends.

You can get right up close to strangers who share the same habit.

4
Mel’s Ten Good Reasons to Smoke Cigarettes by Mel Rosenberg - מל רוזנברג - Ourboox.com

The Government Needs Money.

Cigarettes are taxed heavily these days. And that’s a good thing. After all, how are governments going to build new bridges, roads, develop weapons and educate children about the dangers of smoking?

6
Mel’s Ten Good Reasons to Smoke Cigarettes by Mel Rosenberg - מל רוזנברג - Ourboox.com

Beat the odds. Die Young. Get back at your insurance companies.

Insurance companies hate when people die young. Especially when the people who die are insured with them. So dying young is a great way to get back at those miserable capitalists.

8
Mel’s Ten Good Reasons to Smoke Cigarettes by Mel Rosenberg - מל רוזנברג - Ourboox.com

Make the world a better place.

The world is overpopulated. Smokers die sooner. It’s a kind act of altruism to make way for the next generation.

10

Support employment

Tens of thousands of good, hard-working people support their families by growing tobacco and working at tobacco companies. Every time someone stops smoking, a good man or woman enters the circle of unemployment. You wouldn’t want that on your conscience, would you?

11

Statistics are just statistics

I have a chain-smoking aunt who is 97 years old. She runs marathons, drinks beer, swears and plays bridge. So who cares about statistics?  I have great genes.

12

Believe in the future of medicine

By the time I get lung cancer, they will have found a cure.

13

I can always stop.

I can stop smoking anytime I want. I’ve already stopped four or five times. There’s nothing that can stop me from stopping. I’ll stop before it does any damage to my lungs. Before I get married. Before I have kids. Before I have grandchildren.

 

14

Don’t believe everything you read.

So what if scientists and phyisicans the world over think that smoking kills. People lie. The guy who wrote this book said there were only ten tips. There are twelve.

15
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Skip to content