The Book Thief by Diala Kandalaft - Illustrated by Diala Kandalaft - Ourboox.com
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

The Book Thief

by

Artwork: Diala Kandalaft

  • Joined Nov 2021
  • Published Books 1

A few words about The book

 

In1939. Nazi Germany. World War II.
A girl named Liesel Meminger is living with a foster family.
Liesel steals books, thus she is also known as the book thief.
The narrator War Death himself.

 

 

2
3

A mother, her daughter, and her son’s corpse remained stubborn and silent on a train, heading to their new foster family during that time the girl realized that her brother has passed away.

They stepped aside and buried the body, the sudden death caused them grief.

Later the Daughter noticed a book that was left behind by one of the gravediggers and has stolen it.

Then she got back burnt with emotions and continued her journey.

4
The Book Thief by Diala Kandalaft - Illustrated by Diala Kandalaft - Ourboox.com

The girl eventually arrived at her new foster home, The Hubermann’s. In Nazi Germany, on Himmel Street.

The husband, Hans was soft-hearted, as an excellent accordionist, while the wife Rosa, was a feisty woman who enjoyed cussing.

While on the subject the girl’s name is Liesel Meminger.

Liesel was nervous entering her unusual home.

Meanwhile, she was hunted by her deceased brother and at night she constantly had nightmares.

However, Hans stays the night beside her, helping her get over her fears and anxiety.

They began to form a special bond and a nice connection.

After Hans discovers the book she stole, Hans begins teaching her how to read.

Along with time, she starts to improve herself at reading and literature thus she fell in love with books.

6
The Book Thief by Diala Kandalaft - Illustrated by Diala Kandalaft - Ourboox.com

On the first day of the education year,

Liesel met a boy named Rudy, he is an athletic boy who had fallen in love with her at the first sight.

He has walked her to school, cause Liesel was still not familiar with the area, and she enjoyed racing rudy on the way back and playing soccer with him and his other friends.

8
The Book Thief by Diala Kandalaft - Illustrated by Diala Kandalaft - Ourboox.com

Liesel began to aid Rosa with her laundry business.

she delivers laundry to many homes and houses, but she is more particularly interested in the delivery to the mayor’s house, the wealthy family in the area, who owns a mansion.

Which includes a Large Library.

The mayor’s wife even allowed Liesel to stay and read whenever she liked to.

 

 

 

10
The Book Thief by Diala Kandalaft - Illustrated by Diala Kandalaft - Ourboox.com

On some level, the Hubermann’s went through tough periods, as the country was under World War II and a conflict against the Jews.

Thus the Hubermann’s were hard for them to work and Rosa lost customers.

Liesel was genuinely hurt cause the mayor’s wife has officially ceased to be her mother’s customer.

For Liesel’s will to read more books and despite the mayor’s wife, Liesel began breaking into the mansion and stealing books from the library.

Rudy participated in the mischief of stealing with his crush Liesel.

 

12
The Book Thief by Diala Kandalaft - Illustrated by Diala Kandalaft - Ourboox.com

Someday, the Hubermann’s got a visitor named max.

He’s a Jew fist fighter and his father seemed to have saved Hans’s life in World War I, Hans owed his father and wanted to pay him back.

by helping him and his family at all times.
The Hubermann’s took in Max and hid him in the basement.

that’s a secret they could never tell.

During Max’s time in the basement, he began to dream and started drawing illustrations that he had shared with Liesel.
And both became close friends.

 

14
The Book Thief by Diala Kandalaft - Illustrated by Diala Kandalaft - Ourboox.com

Rudy had a suspicious feeling about Liesel’s behavior until he discovers and realizes that the Hubermann’s are hiding a Jew.

Liesel was disappointed and terrified but therefore Rudy promised to keep it a secret and in fact, he did.

From time to time, fanatical Germans broke into many houses to search for Jews, in addition to, make sure they cleared the area.

Life became more stressful for the family.

Eventually, at midnight Max decided to leave, fearing that he has endangered them enough.

Before the goodbyes, Max handed Liesel an early Christmas gift, a book with blank paper sheets, to fill with her own words.

16
The Book Thief by Diala Kandalaft - Illustrated by Diala Kandalaft - Ourboox.com

Soon, a trail of Jews nearly dead walked through town.

Hans offered a piece of bread to one of the passing Jews,

both got caught and penalized for it.

Hans’s punishment is enrollment and recruitment into the German Army.

Hans did excellent work at his job in the army, but later on, he gets injured in a truck accident and was sent home with a broken leg.

Liesel was grateful to see Hans.

 

18
The Book Thief by Diala Kandalaft - Illustrated by Diala Kandalaft - Ourboox.com

As the trail of jews passing in town became more common. Liesel was examining the crowded parade of Jews, even though initially her effort were unsuccessful, in the end, she does see him and hug him tight.

However, she gets pulled aside and pinned down to avoid her from following him.

20
The Book Thief by Diala Kandalaft - Illustrated by Diala Kandalaft - Ourboox.com

Late night, the town was under attack of bombshells.

she hasn’t expected anything near it.

Her dearest people, the only ones she has ever known were killed by the bombs.

She was the only survivor among them.

 

The last note from your narrator

I am hunted by humans

Death is inevitable and that we are all in on its schedule.

 

And that’s the end of The Book Thief.

22
The Book Thief by Diala Kandalaft - Illustrated by Diala Kandalaft - Ourboox.com
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Ad Remove Ads [X]
Skip to content