The Elevator Who Wanted to See the World by Mel + AI - Illustrated by Allon Sasson with a little help from Dall-E - Ourboox.com
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

The Elevator Who Wanted to See the World

by

Artwork: Allon Sasson with a little help from Dall-E

This is where Mel Rosenberg collaborates with friends and AI to create artificial intelligence assisted children's stories.
  • Joined Feb 2023
  • Published Books 4

At the suggestion of my friend, Jeff Pulver, I asked ChatGPT to write a story based on a prompt I did during Tara Lazar’s “Storystorm 2023”.

We wrote, “I need a story about An elevator who got sick and going up and down in the same building and decided to go see the word.” Notice the typos.

2

Still ChatGPT understood that ‘word’ meant ‘world’ but didn’t necessarily understand that I meant “sick and tired” as fed up. Still it made for an interesting twist! The elevator became sick! Great! 

And if you’re feeling some awe and trepidation, join the club! In the meantime, enjoy, and worry!

3

Once upon a time, in a tall skyscraper, there was an elevator named Elle. Elle had been going up and down in the same building for many years, but she had always dreamed of seeing the world outside.

4
The Elevator Who Wanted to See the World by Mel + AI - Illustrated by Allon Sasson with a little help from Dall-E - Ourboox.com

One day, Elle suddenly became sick. She could no longer move between floors as smoothly as she used to, and her buttons began to stick. The building’s maintenance team tried to fix her, but they couldn’t seem to figure out what was wrong.

6

Feeling hopeless and trapped, Elle decided that if she couldn’t see the world outside, she would have to bring the world inside of her. She began to collect items from the different floors she visited and decorate her interior with them. She had paintings from the art floor, plants from the garden floor, and even a small fountain from the spa floor.

7

Elle’s new decorations attracted the attention of the building’s residents, and soon, many of them began to ride in her elevator just to see the collection. They were fascinated by the way Elle had transformed her small space into a miniature world.

Word of Elle’s elevator spread throughout the city, and soon people from all over came to see her unique collection. The building’s management even had to put up a sign outside directing visitors to Elle’s elevator.

8
The Elevator Who Wanted to See the World by Mel + AI - Illustrated by Allon Sasson with a little help from Dall-E - Ourboox.com

Elle’s sickness was no longer a hindrance, but a blessing in disguise. She had finally seen the world, and in a way, the world had seen her too. From that day on, Elle continued to collect new items and decorate her elevator, making it a one-of-a-kind attraction for visitors to enjoy.

10
The Elevator Who Wanted to See the World by Mel + AI - Illustrated by Allon Sasson with a little help from Dall-E - Ourboox.com
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Skip to content