Teacher of Physical Education by Arnaldo Filipe Cunha Dias - Ourboox.com
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Teacher of Physical Education

The game of BOCCIA
  • Joined Nov 2017
  • Published Books 1

I’m a teacher of Physical Education in secondary school in Alcains, Portugal.

My school is located in Portugal, near Spain, in the village of Alcains, in Castelo Branco region. It has 1270 students from kinder garden to secondary school (high school). It has a lot of projects/activities for all the students, aiming to improve our students’ experiences, including sports (swimming, chess, football, basketball, boccia, adventure in the nature, mountain bike etc), Europeans club, eco school, theatre, etc. We have different curricular offers including music, tourism, informatics, science, literature, sports and others. In our school we have all kind of resources to help classes and the activities that we have, for example: library, gym, science laboratories, informatics laboratories, theatre, music room, arts room, bar, canteen.

 

I teach in the regular class and I have a school sports group from BOCCIA.

My student ages are between 12-18 years old.

I am a volunteer at PCAND – Paralisia Cerebral Association National in Sports as BOCCIA

2
Teacher of Physical Education by Arnaldo Filipe Cunha Dias - Ourboox.com

Boccia

The Boccia is a modality that has in its origin a game of the ancient Greece, that progressed in Roman Empire, and that gave rise to a wide range of games, of which Bowling and Petanque stand out. Boccia was practiced for many years as a leisure activity until it was introduced at the New York 1984 Paralympic Games as a competitive sport. It is one of only two Paralympic sports that do not have an Olympic counterpart (goalball being the other) and is governed by the Boccia International Sports Federation (BISFed). Did you know…? The name of the sport is spelt B-O-C-C-I-A but it is pronounced “Botcha”! It is unique to the Paralympic Games.

Boccia is a game of strategy and accuracy that was originally designed to be played by people with cerebral palsy. Now, the sport includes athletes with impairments that affect motor skills, student special needs and learning disabilities.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

4

The objective is to place the colored balls (six blues versus six reds) as close as possible to a target ball (white ball), which is thrown strategically by a first player, in your space of play. Boccia is a mixed sport, where there is no division by sex. It can be played individually, in pairs or by teams of three players.

This sport requires of the players much, coordination, muscular control, precision, teamwork, cooperation and strategy, often witnessing a true show of alternating advantage, through the application of techniques and tactics appropriate to each circumstance.

You should try me!

“Having challenges is what makes an interesting life and overcoming them is what makes a sense of life. ” (Joshua J. Marine)

In, http://www.bisfed.com/, http://pcand.pt/

5

SMALL GAMES TO DEVELOP COORDINATION, ORIENTATION AND PRECISION!

 

 

Basic exercises:

https://groups.etwinning.net/51286/home

6
Teacher of Physical Education by Arnaldo Filipe Cunha Dias - Ourboox.com

DESCRIPTION AND PURPOSE OF THE GAME

 

Two teams each on the edge of the playing field.
The object of the game is to push a target ball into the opponent’s field.
Win the team that do it more times.

Variants:
1- You can only throw a ball of alternating color;
2- Each team manages when to shoot their balls;
3- Decrease the target ball (size and / or weight).

8
Teacher of Physical Education by Arnaldo Filipe Cunha Dias - Ourboox.com

DESCRIPTION AND PURPOSE OF THE GAME

 

Team game.
Each team has to throw the ball inside the arc.

 

Variants:
1- Throw within a certain arc chosen by the coach;
2- Each team chooses an arc, but each arc contains a certain score.

 

10
Teacher of Physical Education by Arnaldo Filipe Cunha Dias - Ourboox.com

DESCRIPTION AND PURPOSE OF THE GAME

 

Individual or pairs game.
Each player has to throw the ball to a number.

 

Variants:
1- Play inside a square chosen by the coach;
2- Each team tries to get the highest number of points.

12
Teacher of Physical Education by Arnaldo Filipe Cunha Dias - Ourboox.com

DESCRIPTION AND PURPOSE OF THE GAME

 

Individual or pairs game.
Each player has to throw the ball through the middle of the pins.

 

Variants:
1- reduction of the space provided between the pins – transversely

2- increase of the space between the pins – longitudinally

 

14
Teacher of Physical Education by Arnaldo Filipe Cunha Dias - Ourboox.com

DESCRIPTION AND PURPOSE OF THE GAME

 

Individual or pairs game.

Each player has to throw the ball into the bucket.

 

 

Variants:
1- Reduction of the perimeter of the bucket.
2 Increase the distance between the bucket and the player.

 

16
Teacher of Physical Education by Arnaldo Filipe Cunha Dias - Ourboox.com

Individual game or in pairs.

Each player has to throw the ball over the barrier and approach the target ball.

 

 

Variants:
1- Remove or approach the target ball from the barrier.
2 Increase the distance between the player and the barrier.

18
Teacher of Physical Education by Arnaldo Filipe Cunha Dias - Ourboox.com

Individual game

Each player has to approach all the balls of the white ball – one ball at a time.

The white ball is moved from place to place when the target is reached

 

Variants:
1- White ball has only change place when it has a ball of color together
2 Increase the distance between the player and the target ball.

20
Teacher of Physical Education by Arnaldo Filipe Cunha Dias - Ourboox.com
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Ad Remove Ads [X]
Skip to content