THE HISTORY OF FASHION by Eda Nur Gür - Ourboox.com
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

THE HISTORY OF FASHION

  • Joined Mar 2021
  • Published Books 1

The definition of fashion, which comes from the Latin word “modo”, means “right now”. At the same time, in Italy, which is accepted as the heart of fashion, the word fashion has come to be defined as a fad. The need to attract attention, change, look different or embellishment comes and refers to the concept of temporary innovation or fashion. If we define fashion briefly, we can say that social taste, which is a trend for a certain period, or excessive demand for anything.

Although it is the first dress that comes to mind when it comes to fashion, fashion dominates in many different areas. It can affect a wide area from music to architecture, from art to literature, from theater to food and accessories. Every area has its own fashion from time to time. Sometimes an ordinary buckle, sometimes a book, and sometimes a shoe will sell out at that time.

2
THE HISTORY OF FASHION by Eda Nur Gür - Ourboox.com

History of Fashion

The concept of fashion is expressed by most circles that it first appeared in the 1900s.
Paul Poiret, the assistant of Charles Worth, considered one of the best tailors of that period, opened his own workshop in Paris in the following years.
With Poiret’s display of specially designed dresses, fashion and tailoring moved to a different dimension and ignited the fashion trends. The historical development of fashion began in 1902 with Thomas Burberry’s first printing of his brand on gabardine, and in 1905, with the publication of fashion inserts in newspapers, its influence began to reach more masses.
In 1906, Guccio Gucci founded his company in Florence, which mainly focused on accessories. In 1913, Gabriel Coco Chanel made a bombshell entry into the fashion world with hat designs.

4

In the 1920s, Chanel made a history of fashion by opening a fashion house. While Jeanne Lanvin became popular with her floral collections in 1915, the impact of World War I in 1916 was also reflected in fashion, and clothes with a militarist style started to take place in combinations. In 1927, Salvatore Ferragamo started shoe production in Italy and entered the fashion world. His greatest fame was in 1936; modern sandals are given with pointed heels and platform heels made of patented cork. In 1933, Rene Lacoste managed to be a brand that still maintains its influence in the fashion world by designing the world-famous crocodile logo t-shirt. In 1947, Christian Dior, described as the giant of fashion, exhibited his collection for the first time at Paris Avenue Montaigne. Thin waists and skirts squeezed into corsets were among the designs Dior brought to the fashion world. After that show, the modern woman went into fashion history with her new image. Again in this period, the fashion trend that Christian Dior called “New Look”, that is, the new look, dragged large masses after him.

5
THE HISTORY OF FASHION by Eda Nur Gür - Ourboox.com

In the late 60’s and early 70’s, a new romantic style started to spread in the fashion world. In these years, mostly wool fabrics, Indian shawls and ponchos became fashionable. Meanwhile, in 1965, when extraordinary designs peaked, Paco Rabanne created a sensation in the fashion world by designing metal dresses. In the 70’s that followed, famous Japanese fashion designers created a synthesis by blowing the east wind in Europe. These included many famous fashion designers from Mitsuhiro Matsuda to Kenzo Takado. These fashion designers were designing original European clothes while producing traditional Eastern clothes. Georgio Armani brought the concept of aesthetics to the fashion world in the 80’s. In 1978, Versace led the fashion world by exhibiting its first pret-a-porter collection. 

7

 

GEORGİO ARMANİ 80s

8

Retro Style

This trend has emerged with the fashion of the clothes that were fashionable for a period in the past. Retro fashion trend has become fashionable with the reuse of the pieces from the recent past. For example, using pieces that were fashionable in the 80s and 90s by adapting them to today’s designs is retro. This trend shows its effect mostly in daily life. In every period; polka dot, bell and pleated skirts; Fluffy and bangs hair, trouser legs in different shapes are more preferred.

9
THE HISTORY OF FASHION by Eda Nur Gür - Ourboox.com

Gothic Style

It is the current that reveals the dark side of the Middle Ages. This trend, which first emerged in the 70’s, appeals to women who love to be mysterious. In this current; Leather, tulle and lace details are frequently featured. The Gothic style is preferred more to create a look that is both mysterious and sad. Created to reflect the mysterious and dark side of elegance, this trend prioritizes femininity. While black color is preferred in this trend, exaggeration stands out in make-up. While high heels are indispensable for gothic women, celebrities also get their share of this trend. For example, Amy Lee is the most important representative of the Gothic movement.

11
THE HISTORY OF FASHION by Eda Nur Gür - Ourboox.com

Vintage Style

The vintage movement was born with the reflection of iconic pieces that reflect a certain period to the present day. This trend emerged in the 19th century. Today, clothes and items from the 20th century and before are defined as vintage. However, these pieces must necessarily reflect a certain period or the pieces must belong to the designer of that period. So not every second hand is vintage. These parts must have been preserved and maintained until today. Good material quality is also very important in vintage fashion.

13
THE HISTORY OF FASHION by Eda Nur Gür - Ourboox.com

Baroque Style

It is the clothing style of the period with heavy decorations and eye-catching colors. Baroque style of clothing: 17th century. It is engraved in mind as the Baroque period. In this period, heavy embroidery, ornaments, richness, glamor and glamorous colors were used. Puffy dresses with a waist fit, corsets used to slim the waist have become indispensable for women in French palaces. The expensive and glamorous fabrics used were both produced in Europe and exported to Europe through China and India, fabrics made of fine cotton or silk. The favorite fabrics were taffeta, velvet cotton, wool, molar and camouflage. Although it is not represented much today, some fashion brands make use of Baroque fashion according to the season. The collection prepared by Dolce Gabbana in 2012, influenced by the Baroque period, has achieved significant success.

15
THE HISTORY OF FASHION by Eda Nur Gür - Ourboox.com

Bohemian Style

It is a loose and shabby style preferred by people who care about their comfort. Oversize styles have become quite fashionable in the new generation who are fond of their comfort.

17
THE HISTORY OF FASHION by Eda Nur Gür - Ourboox.com

Eclectic Style

It is a current in which opposing parts are used together. The aim in this style is to create a stylish whole by combining pieces of contrasting patterns, colors or styles. The eclectic style of dressing is fun, extraordinary and challenging. Because when different colors and patterns come together, they may not always look nice, tire the eye or stand out.

19
THE HISTORY OF FASHION by Eda Nur Gür - Ourboox.com
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Ad Remove Ads [X]
Skip to content