The lesson I got from my Overlook machine by Hila Hana Kochav - Illustrated by Hila Hana Kochav - Ourboox.com
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

The lesson I got from my Overlook machine

by

Artwork: Hila Hana Kochav

Im 27 years old. i come from Yavne and currently live in Tel Aviv.
  • Joined Mar 2023
  • Published Books 11

Hello to you !
In this book I will tell you about the lesson I received from my Overlook machine.
Sometimes in life situations happen to us that come to teach us a lesson and this is one of the lessons I received 🙂

2

So as I told you in my previous books – I have been sewing since I was in the army.
My first machine was bought as a gift at the age of 20, and after something like a year I decided to invest in myself and buy an Overlook machine.
I entered the 2nd hand website, found a buyer and purchased the machine from her.
She said she was selling it because the machine was a bit stuck and I didn’t hesitate and immediately bought it.

3

The machine was really a bit stuck.
Which means let’s say in each bag that I sew it will get stuck 3 times and in each of these times I will have to thread 4 threads!!
As annoying and complicated as it sounds, it really is. But I just thought that’s how it is. Every time I blamed the fabrics I used or the fact that I didn’t direct it correctly. I thought that’s how it is – overlock machines get stuck.

4

For 7 years I used a machine that functions like this.
To be honest, it tired and bored me.
Every time I knew that I would have to use this machine for sewing, it annoyed me and even prevented me from sewing certain things.

5

Three weeks ago I passed by the Singer store near my house and decided to give them the machine for repair. I said – maybe they will guide me correctly, maybe they will teach me what I am doing wrong.
To be honest it was a spontaneous decision.
I arrived at the store and gave the machine to the saleswoman, she looked at it for a few seconds and immediately told me, look, you have a broken part here. This may be why the machine is stuck on it.
I was shocked!!
How can it be that I’ve been suffering from this for 7 years, and she can tell me what’s wrong in 10 seconds?!
And oh
You can imagine how freaked out I was.

6

The day after I left the machine I returned to the store and got it repaired for a fairly modest amount.
Since then I’ve been sewing with the machine (for two weeks now) and it hasn’t stuck for me even once!

7

So what’s the moral, friends?

First thing – if something bothers us, doesn’t work properly, even the smallest thing – don’t neglect it. It could be something in the body, something on the phone or something you didn’t understand in school.
I think it’s always right to flood the smallest problems we have because the solution might just be that simple!!

Second thing – sometimes solving the smallest problem can make a huge difference for us.
In my case it really made me sew a lot more since the repair, to be less nervous about the sewing itself and to open my mind to more possibilities!

Thank you for reading 🙂

8
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Skip to content