The Lion King (Disney) – Movie Review by Anat Falah - Illustrated by Taken mostly from the net. - Ourboox.com
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

The Lion King (Disney) – Movie Review

by

Artwork: Taken mostly from the net.

  • Joined Dec 2016
  • Published Books 1

One of my all time favorite animation movies is Disny’s The Lion King.

This animated adventure movie came out in 1994 and it is one of the most populer Disney movies ever made.

The movie was nominated for over 60 different awards, and won over 30, including two academy awards (Oscar).

 

The oscars were given to the music in the movie, including Elton John’s Can you feel the love tonight.

 

 

(http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0110357/?ref_=ttawd_awd_tt)

 

 

2

3

The movie tells the story of Simba, a young spoiled lion about to inherit his father’s kingdom much to his uncle’s dissatisfaction.

At the turning point of the movie, Simba loses his dear father, and the audience cries along with him as he leaves his home scared and sad.

Simba, weak and afraid, is saved by a strange couple – a kind-heartet warthog named Pumbaa and his mischievous friend, Timon the meerkat.

 

 

4
The Lion King (Disney) – Movie Review by Anat Falah - Illustrated by Taken mostly from the net. - Ourboox.com

After they rescue him, Simba sticks with them, leaving his former kingdom at the hands of Scar.

After a while, Simba meets his childhood friend Nala, who tells him of how Scar is ruining the kingdom.

Simba decides to conquer his fears and stand up to his uncle.

6

7

This is a movie for the whole family to enjoy – it is funny, exciting and dramatic. If you want to see Simba grow up to become the king h was meant to be, watch this movie and sing along your way to the happy Disney ending.

8

9

Your Task – 

  • Alone or in pairs, find something you can review together.
  • Write this review in the form of an Ourboox book.
  • The structure – the same as the structure of any review:

Opening – Present your subject as well as some general information about it. Write any sources you use at the bottom of the page.

Body – 1-2 paragraphs describing your subject (movie/book/game plot etc.)

Ending – Do you recommend it or not? You should also add more information such as the reason why.

 

  • Add photos, links and movies to your book.
  • Do not copy anything straight off the internet unless you’re quoting and citing your source.
  • Write a review of 200-300 words.
  • The last page should be a short reflection from each member of the gruop in paragraph form (do not count in these words as a part of the review).

Personal Reflection – (not in pairs)

How was is it to work alone/in pairs? How did you choose what to review? Did you enjoy working with ourboox.com and why?

10

Grades will be given as follows –

  • Handed in your link in time (Date: 31.12.17) to the Mashov – 5%
  • Wrote 200-300 words in correct form and fluent, relevant content – 30 %
  •  Each added a meaningful reflection in paragraph form – 10%
  • Used appropriate links and photos (at least 3 different things) – 15%
  • Cited your work where needed – 10%
  • Used correct grammar and language – 30 %

 

Tips!

  • Write your paragraphs in word or powerpoint – it helps correct silly mistakes.
  • Use powerpoint to edit photos and add links to them, then save the slide as jpg.
  • Use the website’s FAQs section – it is really easy to follow and helpful.
11
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Ad Remove Ads [X]
Skip to content