The most successful athletes from Bulgaria by Valentina Filipova - Illustrated by Valentina Filipova - Ourboox.com
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

The most successful athletes from Bulgaria

by

Artwork: Valentina Filipova

  • Joined Jun 2018
  • Published Books 3

 

 

 

Bulgaria is a small country but with a hard past. The difficult life have taught people in Bulgaria to be hardworking, stubborn, eloquent in what they are doing. The difficulties have taught people in Bulgaria to be hardworking and stubborn in what they are doing. Football, rhythmic gymnastics, tennis and other sports, they are our gold medalists.

2

 

 

 

 

Anthem of the Republic of Bulgaria

 

Hymn of the Republic of Bulgaria

3

Ivette Lalova

THE FASTEST BULGARIAN ATHLETE EVER
Bulgarian athlete who competes in sprint. She is a European champion, national record holder of Bulgaria, participated in 4 Olympiads – Athens, Beijing, London, Rio de Janeiro.
When she was a child, Ivette practiced swimming and gymnastics, but later turned to athletics. At the Olympic Games in Athens in 2004, he suffered a severe injury – he was hanging out with another athlete.That’s why it took 2 years for Ivet to not compete. She has managed to recover and now she is in top shape. 
Oficial website to Ivette Lalova
4
The most successful athletes from Bulgaria by Valentina Filipova - Illustrated by Valentina Filipova - Ourboox.com

Mirela Demireva

Athletics – high jump

 

Mirela Demireva is from Stara Zagora, Bulgaria. Her parents are also  athletes, and the love of sport is passed to their daughter. On the way to heavy training, she suffers a severe injury from which she recovers for 18 months. At the 2016 Olympics in Rio de Janeiro, Demireva won a silver medal. She also has Balkan, European and World awards. Now she is  competing for the Diamond League.

6
The most successful athletes from Bulgaria by Valentina Filipova - Illustrated by Valentina Filipova - Ourboox.com

Theresa Marinova

Athletics

 

Theresa Marinova is a gold medalist from the Sydney Olympics in 2000 but a triple jump.

Theresa Marinova’s father is Bulgaria’s record holder. When he was young he did not allow his children to do sports, but Theresa and her older brother secretly started athletics training.One year later, he learns the lie, but children with many tears and requests manage to persuade him to continue training. This is how Theresa and her brother become recorders in their sport, just like their father. 

Theresa Marinova has many medals from European and world competitions. In 2000, she was declared an athlete of the year in Bulgaria.

Now Teresa Marinova is a lecturer at the National Sports Academy in Bulgaria, a host and commentator on sports TV shows , has a children’s school of athletics, and have an active public life by organizing different events with social engagement.

8
The most successful athletes from Bulgaria by Valentina Filipova - Illustrated by Valentina Filipova - Ourboox.com

Stefka Kostadinova

athletics – high jump

 

Olympic champion and multiple winner of European and world titles, world record holder in high altitude discipline.

Stefka Kostadinova was born in Plovdiv, the second largest city in Bulgaria. As a child he starts swimming and gymnastics, he studies at a sports school and 13 years old he is also a “master of sports”.

On August 30, 1987 at the World Athletics Championships in Rome, Italy, set a world record in the jump at a height of 209 cm. This record is the highest for all times in the world.

Besides being an Olympic champion, she won many worldly and European titles. She was an athlete of the year of Bulgaria eight times.

10
The most successful athletes from Bulgaria by Valentina Filipova - Illustrated by Valentina Filipova - Ourboox.com

Yordan Yovchev

Gymnastics

 

Yordan Yovchev was born in Plovdiv, where he studied at the sports school. Starts workouts at 7 years.

He became the first gymnast to participate in six Olympics in the history of sport. In his career there are four Olympic medals – one silver and three bronze medals. Two-time Athlete of the Year in Bulgaria, Man of the Year in 2004 and also received various awards for honor and honor.

 

Iordan Iovtchev – Most Olympic Gymnastics Appearances Ever

12
The most successful athletes from Bulgaria by Valentina Filipova - Illustrated by Valentina Filipova - Ourboox.com

National team of Bulgaria in rhythmic gymnastics

 

Our ensemble in rhythmic gymnastics – Simona Diankova, Laura Traats, Teodora Alexandrova, Madlen Radukanova and Elena Bineva, continue the tradition of excellent performance in every forum or competition.

Bulgaria has been the first in this sport since 1976. The girls win the biggest European and world titles, due both to their hard work and their coaches. They serve as an example for little girls who want to follow their dreams in this sport.

Their last prize is a gold medal at the European Championship in Guadalajara, Spain in May 2018.

Welcome to the YouTube channel of Bulgarian “Golden Girls”  BUL RG

14
The most successful athletes from Bulgaria by Valentina Filipova - Illustrated by Valentina Filipova - Ourboox.com

Stanka Zlateva

fighting

 

Stanka Zlateva was born in a small Bulgarian village. Supported by her father, she studies at a sports school.She is the first Bulgarian woman to participate in the Olympic Games, the women’s struggle. European and world champion, she won silver medals at Beijing Summer Olympics in 2008 and the 2012 Olympics in London. World No. 1 wrestler for 2006, 2007 and 2010 and No. 1 athlete in the Balkans 2010.

16
The most successful athletes from Bulgaria by Valentina Filipova - Illustrated by Valentina Filipova - Ourboox.com

Kubrat Pulev – Cobratа

boxing

 

Like other athletes, Kubrat is the son of a Bulgarian athlete, a heavyweight boxer. From him he learns not to give in to the opponent, to be stubborn, and most importantly: to love his country. He started boxing at the age of 13, but before that he was treading football. His brother Tervel Pulev is also a famous boxer.

Kubrat is a world champion and European champion, participating in the Olympic Games. Winner of the international title.

Kubrat Pulev has 25 wins and one loss by Vladimir Klitschko.

Kubrat Pulev – The Pride Of Bulgaria

 

18
The most successful athletes from Bulgaria by Valentina Filipova - Illustrated by Valentina Filipova - Ourboox.com

Alexander Vesenkov

basketball

 

Alexander Vesenkov is from the new basketball Bulgarian basketball players. His professional career starts with Greece, team Aris.In 2015 the young basketball player is invited to play at the Spanish club Barcelona. He also participated in the national team of Bulgaria. A few days ago Vezenkov passed to the Greek team Olympiakos.

Aleksandar Vezenkov Highlights – Barcelona

Aleksandar Vezenkov • Welcome to Olympiacos B.C.

20
The most successful athletes from Bulgaria by Valentina Filipova - Illustrated by Valentina Filipova - Ourboox.com

Grigor Dimitrov

tennis

 

Grigor Dimitrov is a Bulgarian tennis player. He is the winner of the Wimbledon Championship and the US Open. In his professional career he has won 8 titles from the ATP. On November 20, 2017, he reached his top achievement, 3rd place among the best tennis players in the world.

His father is a tennis coach, and his mother is a sports teacher, he starts practicing tennis for three years and a 5-year-old is a regular player. He was only 17 years old and decided that he would be professionally engaged in tennis.Then he helps him score Bulgarian football stars Hristo Stoichkov and Dimitar Berbatov.

Grigor Dimitrov Profile on ATP

22
The most successful athletes from Bulgaria by Valentina Filipova - Illustrated by Valentina Filipova - Ourboox.com

Tsvetana Pironkova

tennis

 

Pironkova was born on September 13, 1987 in Plovdiv, in a sports family. The father, Kiril Enchev, who is also her coach, is a Republican canoe champion;the mother, Radosveta Chinkova, is a multiple medalist in swimming. Pironkova has a brother and a sister;Sister Elisaveta also plays tennis professionally, and their brother, Encho, is a coach at TC “Lokomotiv”, as well as a sparring partner of Pironkova – he accompanies her in most of the tournaments in which she participates. Tsvetana is the granddaughter of Encho Pironkov – a famous Bulgarian artist.

Tsvetana Pironkova has been practicing tennis since she was 4 years old.In 2000 she became the rising star of Bulgaria.Currently, Tsvetana Pironkova is an indispensable part of the Bulgarian Fed Cup team.In 2006 the Bulgarian hope was declared the number one tennis player of the year.

24
The most successful athletes from Bulgaria by Valentina Filipova - Illustrated by Valentina Filipova - Ourboox.com

Dimitar Berbatov

football

 

Dimitar Ivanov Berbatov is a Bulgarian footballer. One of the most successful central strikers in Europe. He is the No. 1 footballer of Bulgaria’s record seven times. Captain of the National Football Team of Bulgaria from 2006 to 2010.

In his football career he is a player for Bayer Leverkusen, Tottenham, Manchester United, Fulham, Monaco. Manchester United won twice the title in the English League and shared a golden shoe for the best runner in the league. He became the first Bulgarian footballer to play 200 games in the English Championship.

Berbatov was born in a sports family. His father is a footballer and his mother is a handball player.

26
The most successful athletes from Bulgaria by Valentina Filipova - Illustrated by Valentina Filipova - Ourboox.com

Hristo Stoichkov

football

 

Hristo Stoichkov is one of the greatest athletes of Bulgaria for all time. As a player, he is a major part of his favorite football team in Barcelona, which he supports to this day.Winner of the Golden Ball and Golden Boot Awards. World Cup World Champion in the United States 1994. He is five times champion of Spain, he has been selected for Bulgaria’s number one player 5 times. 

Hristo Stoichkov in Barcelona

28
The most successful athletes from Bulgaria by Valentina Filipova - Illustrated by Valentina Filipova - Ourboox.com
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Ad Remove Ads [X]
Skip to content