The Multiplication And The Division by James Pakhomou - Illustrated by James Pakhomou  - Ourboox.com
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

The Multiplication And The Division

by

Artwork: James Pakhomou

  • Joined May 2016
  • Published Books 2

    In Operationville, there lived two enemies, Multiplication and Division. Multiplication was angry at Division, because they both used the same keyword, each. Multiplication could use it, for example when he gave 5 oranges to each of his 5 friends. Division could use the keyword because he could split 27 apples evenly among each of his 7 friends.  

2
The Multiplication And The Division by James Pakhomou - Illustrated by James Pakhomou  - Ourboox.com

    The next day, Multiplication challenged Division to a fight, to see who really owns the keyword each. So, Multiplication had 21 oranges. He gave 3 oranges to each of his 7 friends. Next, Division had 27 apples and he gave away 9 apples to each of his 3 friends. So far, there had been no sign of a winner. Both Multiplication and Division were equal in terms of points, and they both had a useful use of the keyword each. 

4
The Multiplication And The Division by James Pakhomou - Illustrated by James Pakhomou  - Ourboox.com

    Multiplication and Division were equal. There seemed to be no solution whatsoever. So, Multiplication and Division simply just went home, but really, there was no solution. Truly, Multiplication and Division were almost completely equal. Except, they were two different operations and they were two different people living in Operationville. 

6
The Multiplication And The Division by James Pakhomou - Illustrated by James Pakhomou  - Ourboox.com

    Mostly everyone thought that this ferocious fight was over but surprisingly, it wasn’t. The next day, Multiplication held yet another challenge. He was going to see who could do the more complicated equation. The problem that Multiplication did was 14 x 14 = 194. The equation that Division did was 1,000 divided by 10 = 100. Multiplication thought that this challenge will definitely determine a winner. 

8
The Multiplication And The Division by James Pakhomou - Illustrated by James Pakhomou  - Ourboox.com

    By looking at both of the equations, everyone, or almost everyone, would agree that Division had the more complicated equation, because he included the number 1,000, and 100 which are both bigger than 14. Also, 1,000 is bigger than 196 and 100 is greater than 14. So, all Multiplication could do was surrender and let Division win the hard and complex challenge. 

10
The Multiplication And The Division by James Pakhomou - Illustrated by James Pakhomou  - Ourboox.com
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Ad Remove Ads [X]
Skip to content