The Picture of Dorian Gray by shalev - Illustrated by Shalev Zamler - Ourboox.com
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

The Picture of Dorian Gray

by

Artwork: Shalev Zamler

  • Joined Dec 2016
  • Published Books 2

Details of the book:

Name: “The picture of Dorian Gray”

Author: Oscar Wilde

Genre: mystery

The main characers: 

Lord Henry Wotton, Dorian Gray and Basil Hallward.

The Book was first published in 1890 in Philadelphia.

 

A summary of the plot:

The book describes the life of Dorian Gray, a man who connects to the talented painter, Basil Hallward and he took inspiration from him to draw. The plot takes place in England, 1837. A famous painter painted Dorian Gray whose name Basil. Dorian Gray asked for that he always stays young and beautiful as the picture, but it did not happen.

 

 

2
The Picture of Dorian Gray by shalev - Illustrated by Shalev Zamler - Ourboox.com

A summary of the plot – continue 

Dorian fell in love with an actress whose name Sibyl Vane and broke her heart. Therefore, she killed herself and her brother decided to avenge him. Finally, Dorian became a good man and he decided to destroy the picture with the knife which he killed his friend. After that, he became old, ugly and a knife was stuck in his stomach. His picture was beautiful like the day when the picture was painted.

4
The Picture of Dorian Gray by shalev - Illustrated by Shalev Zamler - Ourboox.com

Characters description:

 

Main character: Basil Hallward

Basil is a beautiful man, and he is a famous painter who painted Dorian Gray. He is a good person who always helps many people. For example, he painted Dorian Gray and he helped him when he needed him.

 

Secondary character: Sibyl Vane

Sibyl is a beautiful and successful actress who fell in love with Dorian Gray. Dorian broke her heart and because of that, she killed herself. She was a good person and she just loved him.

 

The character I liked the least:

The character I liked the least is Dorian Gray. Although he is the main character, I liked him the least because he did many things that caused people to die. For example, Sybil died because of him and Dorian killed a doctor.

6
The Picture of Dorian Gray by shalev - Illustrated by Shalev Zamler - Ourboox.com

Book review – Book recommendation

I recommend the book because the book is interesting, teaches new things, and the book is not boring. If you like mystery stories, I recommend you to read this book, but if you do not like mystery, I am not sure that you will like the book. I loved the book very much because when I read the book, I felt fun.

 

A new cover for the book  – design explanation:

I designed the cover in this way because the image on the cover is an event that is very important to the plot. This event describes the moment when Dorian Gray looks at his picture and realized that he wants to stay young and beautiful forever.

8
The Picture of Dorian Gray by shalev - Illustrated by Shalev Zamler - Ourboox.com
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Ad Remove Ads [X]
Skip to content