The price of GREED

by David Hill

This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

The price of GREED

  • Joined Feb 2017
  • Published Books 63

Once upon a time a young man named Tarun married a young woman named Nidhi. At first they were very happy, and when they gave birth to a son, their joy overflowed.

However, their joy soon turned to anxiety, as they hoped to give their son all they could, and they worried that they would never have enough to provide the kind of life they wanted their child to have.

“Our cucumbers are not as large as our neighbors’ cucumbers,” Nidhi said as she worked in the garden. “We barely have enough to eat, and all of our vegetables are so small.”

She began to prepare meals of leftovers only. “Don’t finish all the food,” she cautioned Tarun. “If we eat all we have, we may not have enough in the future.”

Tarun started to save, and he stopped inviting friends to visit. “If they come, they may drink all our tea,” Tarun said.

They did visit others’ homes, and there they ate greedily. When they returned home they looked at their meager belongings and despaired.

“We don’t have as much as others have,” Nidhi complained. Tarun agreed, and the couple became even more frugal. Soon everyone understood that in this little house there lived the most miserly people in the village, and no one ever stopped by to visit.

Then one beautiful spring morning Tarun heard a knock on their door. “Who could that be?” he asked his wife.

She shrugged. “We’d better look,” she said, and they opened the door and saw a poor holy man in tattered clothes, his face gray with hunger.

“Excuse me,” he said, “but this bright sun hurts my eyes, and I am so tired. I could use a comfortable house in which to rest, and yours looked inviting.”

Then he simply stepped inside, and his face lighted up. “You have saved my life by inviting me in. You are most generous.”

Tarun began to panic. What if all the dust and dirt on the man’s skin and clothes soiled their home? Imagine the cost of soap they would need to clean! And what if he asked for water to drink?

 

 

For More Details   Insurance Video

2
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Ad Remove Ads [X]
Skip to content