The sun by Hila Hana Kochav - Illustrated by Hila Hana Kochav - Ourboox.com
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

The sun

by

Artwork: Hila Hana Kochav

Im 27 years old. i come from Yavne and currently live in Tel Aviv.
  • Joined Mar 2023
  • Published Books 11

Hello dear reader and thank you for choosing to read my book about the sun!
The book occupies a very significant part in our lives more than we realize, so today I decided to write a book about it.
The sun for me has a spiritual, physical and existential meaning and therefore it is very powerful in my life.
Hope you’ll enjoy!

2

a1d06fee-4afe-483b-a1d9-290fec03549e

3

The sun is a central star in the solar system that shines light and heat to the earth. The sun is in the center of the solar system and it makes up about 99.86% of the screen of the sky visible from the earth. The sun affects the temperature, density and movement of the gases in our atmosphere. The sun plays a central role in the cosmic system and it affects plant and animal life on Earth.

 

 

4

How long has the sun been around?

The sun has existed for almost 4.6 billion years and as far as we know, it still has at least 5 billion years of life in the solar system.

 

How was the sun formed?

The first process that caused the formation of the Sun began when a massive cloud of gases and dust began to contaminate and condense, so that it could escape the Earth and form a junction that became the Sun. Since then, the sun has already gone through many processes of change, but it still provides us with light and heat and plays an important role in our cosmic system.

1

5

Are there any more suns in the world?

Yes, there are many suns in the world. Each solar system can have more than one sun, so we don’t have just one source of light and heat like in our solar system. In addition, there are other stars in the cosmos that are produced by the same processes that caused the formation of our sun, and they serve as sources of light and heat for other stars as well as for entire star systems. In fact, there are millions of stars in the cosmos, and at any given time there are an enormous number of suns and stars illuminating the universe.

A. It is possible to specify precisely how many suns there are in the universe, because the cosmos is a vast space and is constantly expanding. But according to current estimates, there are about 100 billion solar systems in the universe.

 

The sun is a medium-sized star in comparison to other stars in the universe. It has a diameter of about 1.39 million kilometers (865,000 miles), which is about 109 times the diameter of the Earth. However, there are much larger stars in the universe, such as Betelgeuse, which has a diameter of about 1,180 times that of the Sun. On the other hand, there are also much smaller stars, known as red dwarfs, which are only about 7.5% of the Sun’s mass and size. Despite its relatively average size, the Sun is of great importance to us as it provides the energy and warmth necessary for life on Earth.

6

fee1320163ea1958a3711bddb77b60f5 3d7d3b9be846a49888657e8ede5f9f7b

7

The sun is important for our health for several reasons:

  1. Vitamin D production – The sun serves as an important source for the production of vitamin D in our bodies. Vitamin D is necessary for strong bones, and for protecting the heart and immune system. Vitamin D deficiency can lead to a range of health problems, such as bone weakness, physical weakness, and heart problems.
  2. Exposure to daylight – The sun serves as an important source of daylight, which is linked to our circadian rhythm. Exposure to daylight helps regulate our biological clock, and affects anxiety, depression, and sleep problems.
  3. Impact on heat and humidity – The sun affects the heat and humidity in our environment. Heat and humidity affect our energy levels, hunger and thirst sensations, and important bodily functions such as metabolism and physical endurance.
  4. Impact on mood – The sun can affect our mood by emitting pleasant light and warmth that can affect the levels of serotonin and dopamine in the brain. Serotonin and dopamine are important hormones that affect mood and can be influenced by sunlight exposure.
8

In the morning, UV radiation is weaker compared to the midday. In Israel, the strongest UV radiation during summer is between 10:00 to 16:00. If you want to enjoy the benefits of the sun in the morning, it’s recommended to go outside before noon, between 8:00 to 10:00. About 15-30 minutes of exposure to the morning sun can provide you with enough vitamin D and allow you to enjoy the hierarchy and activity that begins before noon.

Either way, it’s important to remember that prolonged exposure to UV radiation can pose a risk of skin irritation and damage to the skin and eyes. In any case, it’s recommended to use sunscreen, try to wear protective clothing and a hat, and avoid exposure to UV radiation during the strongest hours of the day.

9

The spiritual meaning of the sun varies according to the different cultures and religions around the world. There are cultures and religions that give the sun an important and worthwhile spiritual meaning, and some meet with the sun as part of rituals and holidays.

For example, in ancient Egyptian tradition, the sun was one of the supreme gods. In religions such as Hinduism and Jainism, the sun symbolizes the inner light and divine consciousness. In the Christian religion, the sun symbolizes divine light and new life.
In each of these and many other cultures, the sun symbolizes power, light, and the vital force of life and humanity. The holidays and rituals associated with the sun remind people of the spiritual and physical importance of the sun in their lives, and remind them to take time to be in the sun and take advantage of the light goodness it provides.

10

The meaning of the sun for me:
I feel that the sun has a great weight for me.
When I think about my life, and every day of my life, I know that the sun has always been there. Every day the sun rises and sets – both the hardest and saddest days, and also the happiest and happiest days.
The sun rises and sets, it is here for all living beings. It is part of nature and every living being can enjoy it, see it and feel it.
The rising and setting of the sun has a strong spiritual meaning for me because I know that no matter what the sun will always rise and it will always set. Always after each day comes the next day a new day. The persistence of the sun is connected to the strength of our lives which are stronger than all of us and continuity and nature will always be here.
Another spiritual meaning of the sun for me is that the sun symbolizes good energy – of renewal, of warmth, of joy. I feel that each of us has our own inner sun – even if we don’t always feel that way. Each of us always has a spark of good joy and renewable energy. It doesn’t matter who we are and what we’ve done and what we’ve experienced. We must remember this and feel grateful! And to know that even if there are less simple times there is always a strong inner sun within us.

11
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Skip to content