The Water Cycle by Jacqueline Sperling - Ourboox.com
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

The Water Cycle

  • Joined Feb 2020
  • Published Books 1

What is the water cycle?

The water cycle is a process where water circulates between the earth’s oceans, atmosphere, and land, involving precipitation as rain and snow, drainage in streams and rivers, and return to the atmosphere by evaporation.

2
The Water Cycle by Jacqueline Sperling - Ourboox.com

The first step in this process is called Evaporation. Evaporation is the process of water from oceans, lakes, river, puddles, ect. getting heated up from the sun becoming water vapor. Once the liquid water has been turned into water vapor it is brought up into the atmosphere.

4
https://www.eschooltoday.com/water-cycle/what-is-evaporation-of-water.html

Once the water is turned into water vapor and is in the atmosphere it goes through the process called condensation.

Condensation is when the water vapor gets high enough into the atmosphere and it gets turned back into the liquid state forming clouds.

You may see condensation occurs in your home as well! When you get out of the shower and there is water on the mirror that is condensation.

6
The Water Cycle by Jacqueline Sperling - Ourboox.com

Now that clouds are formed due to condensation, they reach a point called saturation. This means that the clouds can’t hold anymore water in them. This creates precipitation, which is when the liquid falls back down to the sky.

8

Precipitation occurs in many different forms. Can you think of any types of precipitation, or ways liquid falls from the sky?

9

There are many different types of precipitation. There is rain, snow, sleet, hail.

10
https://theconstructor.org/water-resources/precipitation-types-features-occurrence/4452/

12
The Water Cycle by Jacqueline Sperling - Ourboox.com

Let’s review what we learned!

 

What are the three stages of the water cycle?

 

What are the different types of precipitation?

 

When water goes from liquid to water vapor what process occurred?

 

What process occurred if it is raining, or snowing?

 

What process forms clouds?

 

 

 

 

 

14

Activity:

 

I would assist the children with creating a little water cycle of their own. We will create a water cycle in a jar!

 

  1. Design your jar! On the bottom part of your jar draw waves or the sea. On the top half draw clouds and the sky. You can even draw a building next to the water. Get creative!
  2. Have an adult help you pour a cup of boiling water into the jar
  3. Place a plate on top of the jar
  4. Put five ice cubes on top of the plate
  5. Observe your glass as the water goes through the water cycle
15
The Water Cycle by Jacqueline Sperling - Ourboox.com
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Ad Remove Ads [X]
Skip to content