The World’s Most Famous Tourist Destinations by Slavka Stoycheva - Ourboox.com
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

The World’s Most Famous Tourist Destinations

  • Joined Mar 2018
  • Published Books 10
The World’s Most Famous Tourist Destinations by Slavka Stoycheva - Ourboox.com

EUROPE

TEAM ONE:

Rebeca, Berkay, Monica,

Gergana Chakmakova

3

REBECA

Barcelona, Spain
Location: Barcelona is a city in northeastern Spain, the capital of the Autonomous Community of Catalonia and the administrative center of the province of Barcelona.
General info: The city has hosted many international events, including the International Exhibitions in 1888 and 1929 and the XXV Summer Olympics in 1992.
Population: With a population of 1,620,343 (2018) inhabitants is the second largest city in Spain and 11th in the European Union.
History: One of the theories about the founding of Barcelona is that the city was founded in the middle of the second century BC. from Carthage.Hanibal Barka’s father – Hamilkar is considered the founder of the city, as the surname Barka is the basis of the city’s name. It later became part of the Roman Empire. After the division of the empire in 395 AD. the city is part of the Western Roman Empire. With the invasion of various barbarian tribes in the V century AD. on the territory of the Iberian Peninsula, the city is a possession of the Ostrogoths and the kingdom they founded. At the beginning of the eighth century, the Moors, who are generally Berbers and Arabs from Africa, invaded the Iberian Peninsula, but Barcelona was not captured.In the first half of the 9th century, the city became the center of the county of Barcelona and the Spanish brand.
Places to visit: Sagrada Familia Basilica
Landscape: Park Diagonal Mar, Park Guell
Sports: Football, Basketball
Tourism: Tourism is one of the most popular activities in Barcelona.
Going out: Barcelona is a very interesting city to visit.

4
The World’s Most Famous Tourist Destinations by Slavka Stoycheva - Ourboox.com

6

Gergana Chakmakova

The Leaning Tower of Pisa

Located: The Leaning Tower is located in the city of Pisa, Italy, on the Place de la Wonderland.

General info: Designed to stand vertically, immediately after the beginning of construction in 1173, it began to lean to the north, due to the weak ground base and the incorrect execution of the foundation.

As of 2006, the slope is about 13 °. The height of the tower is 55.86 m from the ground to the lower side and 56.70 m to the higher side. It weighs 14,500 tons.

Population: Its area is 2444 km2 and the population is about 406,000 people.

History: Construction has been halted for about 90 years. As construction continued, the tower began to change the direction of the slope from north to south. The shape of the tower is banana-shaped, and the deviation from the base is 5.6 m. In 2007 the deviation at the top was successfully reduced by 45 cm to the situation of 1838 through a project led by specialists in earth mechanics, worth 20 million. dollars, with the removal of 70 tons of soil on its northern side and the installation of ballast and metal cables. After the restoration, visitors can see the differences between the marble and limestone superstructures.

Places to visit:The Leaning Tower

Landscape: Baptistery, Arno River and Piazza del Duomo.

Sports: football and cycling

Tourism: Pisa is a mixture of very lively places, narrow streets, many sights with an interesting history. Locals love their food like pasta.

Going out:They are beautiful sight to visit.

7
The World’s Most Famous Tourist Destinations by Slavka Stoycheva - Ourboox.com

9

Monica

The Dark Hedges

The Dark Hedges are found in County Antrim in Northern Ireland between the villages of Armoy and Stranocum. They can be found on a section of Bregagh Road near The Hedges Hotel. The hedges themselves are around 0.6 miles in length.

They are located around 49 miles northwest of Belfast and 150 miles from Dublin. It takes about 1 hour to drive here from Belfast and 3 hours from Dublin.

The Dark Hedges is an avenue of large mature beech trees, which were planted by James Stuart to frame an avenue to his home.

The trees were planted around 1775 when he built nearby Gracehill House. The trees are on both sides of the road, forming a “tunnel” that is between 6 and 10 meters in width.

The Stuart family planted the beech trees (about 150 of them!) with the goal to impress visitors arriving to the house. It reminded us a lot of the beautiful oak alleys you find at Oak Alley Plantation and many of the other River Road plantations in

Louisiana USA. Today, the Dark Hedges (as they have become known) now stop just before the current gates of Gracehill House.

The tree alley is no longer part of the Gracehill estate, but Gracehill House, a Georgian manor house that was originally built as the Stuart family home, is still standing today. The Gracehill House is privately owned and operates as a bar & restaurant, wedding venue, and golf course. So you can still visit the estate for a drink, meal, or to play a round of golf.

The trees, which are now nearly 250 years old, are very atmospheric. The stunning organic tunnel made famous by Game of Thrones

attracts thousands of visitors from all around the world. Time, storms, and damage has caused many of the trees to be lost

but around 90 of the original 150 trees are still surviving.

10
The World’s Most Famous Tourist Destinations by Slavka Stoycheva - Ourboox.com

12

Berkay

French Riviera

1.Located: The French Riviera(known in French as the Côte d’Azur; literal translation “Azure Coast”) is the Mediterranean coastline of the southeast corner of France. There is no official boundary, but it is usually considered to extend from Cassis, Toulon or Saint-Tropez on the west to Menton at the France–Italy border in the east, where the Italian Riviera joins The coast is entirely within the Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur region of France.

2.General Info: The Côte d’Azur (French Riviera) refers to the whole Mediterranean coastline of southeastern France, from Hyères to Menton (city close to the Italian frontier). The French Riviera probably contains the most popular seaside resorts of the world. Its cities are world-renowned and millions of international tourists spend holidays there every year. Let those wonderful cities enthral you!’

3.History: Post-war period and late 20th century-The Cannes Film Festival was launched in September 1946, marking the return of French cinema to world screens. The Festival Palace was built in 1949 on the site of the old Cercle Nautique, where the Prince of Wales had met his mistresses in the late 19th century.

4.Place to visit:
-Saint-Tropez A stylish seaside resort that draws tourists from all over the world, Saint-Tropez was once just a humble fishing village. The town was made fashionable by the famous actress Brigitte Bardot in the 1950s when she was filming on location here.
-Monaco Renowned for its prestigious yacht race and sublime natural scenery, Monaco has a special status on the Côte d’Azur. This small coastal city is its own principality with a royal family, epitomizing the glamour of the French Riviera.

5.Landspace: There are many unique landscapes here such as Cassis, Nice, Cannes and many others, but this is one of the most famous

6.Sports: There are many sports such as football, american football, archery, sailing, scuba diving, freediving, polo clubs and many others.

7.Going out:

– La Folie Douce, Cannes La Folie Douce is a party organisation that works in several locations around France offering DJs, cabaret, dance nights, and other chic party or clubbing events.

-The VIP Room, St TropezThe VIP Room is another institution in the small village of St Tropez, which pushes above its weight in star-studded club nights. Karl Lagerfield once described this place as “the best club in the world” and it regularly tops lists of Best Global Bars.

13
The World’s Most Famous Tourist Destinations by Slavka Stoycheva - Ourboox.com

15
The World’s Most Famous Tourist Destinations by Slavka Stoycheva - Ourboox.com

 

South America

TEAM TWO:

Yoana Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

YordankaAngel Falls, Venezuela

EdzhemPeru

MartinaAmazon Rainforest, Brazil

17

Yoana

Rio de Janeiro, South America

Located: Rio de Janeiro is located in southeast Brazil.

General info: Rio de Janeiro is capital of the state Rio de Janeiro. The official language is Portuguese. Rio is the second largest city in Brazil after Sao Paulo. The local people call themselves “carioca” which means “the home of white people”.

Population: Rio de Janeiro’s population is about 6.5 millions.

History: Rio de Janeiro was founded in 1565 by the Portuguese and it was the seat of the Captaincy of Rio de Janeiro. The city was capital from 1764 since 1960 when the capital was transferred to Brasilia.Places to visit: If you visit Rio de Janeiro you should definitely visit the statue of Christ the Redeemer located in the Corcovado mountain. With the idea of creating a symbol of the Christian faith to unite the believers, the Portuguese conquerors named the hill Christ the Redeemer as a reference to the divinity of the place.The Carnival in Rio de Janeiro is a festival held five days every year at the end of February before Lent and considered the biggest carnaval in the world with two million people per day on the streets. You should definitely see the amazing carnival with all masked people, parades and dances of the local people.

Landscape: Sugarloaf Mountain is a peak situated at the mouth of Guanabara Bay on a peninsula. The view from there is amazing.The Copacabana is a neighbourhood with its famous four-kilometre beach.

Sports: If you visit Rio you should definitely try paragliding or surfing. Locals play beach volleyball, foot volleyball or football and do cycling or yoga.

Tourism: Tourism in Rio is very developed and there are many places to visit like Museum of Tomorrow, Maracanã Stadium, Lagoa and many more.

Going out: Even if you just walk the streets of Rio you will be impressed by the view.

18
The World’s Most Famous Tourist Destinations by Slavka Stoycheva - Ourboox.com

20

Yordanka

ANGEL FALLS
Located – Angel falls is a waterfall in Venezuela located in Canaima National Park. •General info – The waterfall is found in Venezuela, which is a country in South America in an isolated jungle. it is the tallest waterfall in the world, with a height of 3230 feet, with an uninterrupted drop of 2647 feet.
The falls drop so far, the water turns into mist when it reaches the bottom. During the rainy and wet seasons the waterfall sometimes splits into two waterfalls.
History – The falls got their name Angel Falls after a US aviator became the first person to fly over the falls in the mid-20th century. The aviator’s name was Jimmie Angel. His plane crashed at the top of the waterfalls and it took him and his wife 12 days to walk out of the jungle.
Sports – There are many things to do around Angel falls, starting with swimming and kayaking.
Tourism – Angel Falls is one of Venezuela’s top tourist attractions, though a trip to the falls is a complicated affair. An air flight is required, as there are no access roads. The Falls cannot be seen on cloudy days, and there is no guarantee a visitor will see them. During the dry season (December to March) there is less water than what is seen in some photos, but it also more likely that the top will not be clouded. The entire trip usually takes 24 hours.

21
The World’s Most Famous Tourist Destinations by Slavka Stoycheva - Ourboox.com

23

Edzhem

Peru/South America

Located: It is located in western South America.
General info: The capital city is Lima and the official language is Spanish.
Population: Peru’s population is about 32 millions.
History: One of the most important Peruvian culture was the Inca, who lived in Peru around 600 years ago. They thrived for centuries before being conquered by the Spanish.
Places to visit: If you decide to visit Peru you should visit Machu Picchu. This destination is probably what drives most people to visit the country. The large ruins, perfect masonry and strange architecture has confused researchers for many years and continues to fascinate the visitors. You should go to Cusco too. The city is brimming with culture. It’s the centre of Quechua culture in the Andes. And lastly you should definitely visit the capital city of Peru – Lima. You’ll find there modern buildings contrasting with traditional architecture.
Landscape: Peru’s mountains are etched with walking routes, hot springs and there are beautiful coasts of Pacific Ocean.
Sports: Activities to do there are to hike up to Machu Picchu, climb up to the sun gate and Lima is a great destination for water sports.
Tourism: If you go to Machu Picchu early in the morning you can see the sunrise, it’s really breathtaking , you can see the temple of the sun too, one of the most important buildings there. In Cusco the streets are full of colonial architecture, museums, craft markets and art galleries.
Going out: If you are fan of night life there are lots of night clubs and bars in Lima. But if you like more going out to museums, art galleries and you enjoy seeing architecture Cusco is for you.

24
The World’s Most Famous Tourist Destinations by Slavka Stoycheva - Ourboox.com

26

Martina

The Amazon rain forest

 

The Amazon rain forest, alternatively, the Amazon Jungle, also known in English as Amazonia, is a moist broad-leaf tropical rain forest in the Amazon biomass that covers most of the Amazon basin of South America. This basin encompasses 7,000,000 km2 (2,700,000 sq mi), of which 5,500,000 km2 (2,100,000 sq mi) are covered by the rainforest. This region includes territory belonging to nine nations.

Tribal societies are well capable of escalation to all-out wars between tribes. Thus, in the Amazonas, there was perpetual animosity between the neighboring tribes of the Jivaro. Several tribes of the Jivaroan group, including the Shuar, practiced headhunting for trophies and head shrinking.

27
The World’s Most Famous Tourist Destinations by Slavka Stoycheva - Ourboox.com

29
The World’s Most Famous Tourist Destinations by Slavka Stoycheva - Ourboox.com

Africa

Team Three

Angelina, Asya,

Olgin, Diyana

31

Angelina

Cape Town

Cape Town is a city in southwestern South Africa , the administrative center of the province of the Western Cape and the District of Cape Town .
Cape Town is the southernmost city in Africa. As the seat of the South African Parliament , the city is the legislative capital of the country. It is famous for its port, its location in the typical Cape Floristic region , as well as popular attractions such as Table Mountain and Cape Point . Cape Town, a traditional entry point for South African settlers, is one of the most multicultural cities in the world.
The city has a population of about 434,000 people (2011) and the agglomeration around it – 3,740,000 people, which puts it in second place in the country after Johannesburg.
The oldest traces of habitation in the area of ​​today’s city are from a cave at Vishuk and are between 12 and 15 thousand years old. Little is known about the first inhabitants of the area, as it appears in written sources only after the visit of the Portuguese navigator Bartolomeu Dias in 1486. Since the end of the 16th century, Portuguese, French, Danish, Dutch and English ships have regularly stopped in Table Bay on their way to the Indian Ocean. Here they exchange tobacco, honey and iron for fresh meat from the local bed .The discovery of diamond deposits in Greenland West in 1867 and the Witwatersrand gold rush in 1886 caused a large influx of immigrants into the interior of South Africa.

32
The World’s Most Famous Tourist Destinations by Slavka Stoycheva - Ourboox.com
The World’s Most Famous Tourist Destinations by Slavka Stoycheva - Ourboox.com
The World’s Most Famous Tourist Destinations by Slavka Stoycheva - Ourboox.com

36

Asya

Located: Egypt is located in northeastern Africa.
Ceneral info: Much of the country is occupied by the Sahara Desert. Capital city is Cairo. The official language is Arabic. The president is Abdel Sisi.
Population: Egypt is the largest population in the middle east and the third largest continent in Africa with abaut 95 million in Africa by 2017.
History: It all started with the Paleolithic, different tribes come and tried to survive fishing and hunting. Later, a tribe with the drift appeared. They were divided into Upper and Lower Egypt, and then merged into Ancient Egypt.
Places to visit: The Pyramids
of Giza, the Valley of the
Kings, the Temple of Karnak,
Alexandria and etc.
Landscape: Egypt is a very beautiful and breathtaking, place, in addition to explore the incredible history and sights.
Things to do and Sport: If you go to Egypt and stay in hotel, there will probably be a place for training and entertainment.
Tourism: Each part of Egypt is special so wherever you go you will see a lot as Desert in Egypt.
Going out: You can walk to famous Egyptian cities like Aswan, Hurghada, Edfu, Thebes, Memphis

37
The World’s Most Famous Tourist Destinations by Slavka Stoycheva - Ourboox.com

39

Olgin

Luxor

1.Located: Luxor is a city in Upper(Southern) Egypt.
2.General info: The modern city sprawls to the site of the Ancient Egyptain city of Waser and to the Greeks as Thebes.
Luxor has been characterized as the “world’s greatest open-air museum” as the ruins of the temple complexes at Karnak and Luxor stand within the modern city.
3.Population: The population numbers are 506,535 (2012 estimate).
4.History: Luxor was the ancient city of Thebes, the great capital of Egypt during the New Kingdom, and the glorious city of Amun.
5.Places to visit: You can visit Avennue on Sphinx,Luxor and the East Bank and Valey of the Kings.
6.Landscape: There are many unique landscapes here such as Valey of the Kings and Avenue on Sphinx.
7.Sports: You can go kayaking,snorkeling,and you can go on a Safari tour with a quad bike.
8.Tourism: You can go and see the Valey of the Kings, Avenue on Sphinx and the East Bank.
9.Going out: The Marsamis the oldest rest house on West bank / Luxor.
It is well known among Egyptologists, Artists, Travellers.
Kings head pub is a relaxed and popular place where you can have a beer, shoot pool and watch sports on a big screen.
The big screens have the sports fan thoroughly engaged and covered.

40
The World’s Most Famous Tourist Destinations by Slavka Stoycheva - Ourboox.com

42

Diyana

Johannesburg
The city is located in the eastern part of the High Veld plateau, at 1753 meters above sea level. The city is located in the mineral-rich Witwatersrand range of hills and is the centre of large-scale gold and diamond trade.
Due to its many different central districts, Johannesburg would fall under the multiple nuclei model in human geography terms. It is the hub of South Africa’s commercial, financial, industrial, and mining undertakings. Johannesburg is part of a larger urban region. Johannesburg is situated on the highveld plateau, and has a subtropical highland climate.
Johannesburg’s 2020 population is now estimated at 5,782,747. Johannesburg has grown by 797,943 since 2015, which represents a 3.01% annual change.
The region surrounding Johannesburg was originally inhabited by San hunter-gatherers who used stone tools. There is evidence that they lived there up to ten centuries ago. Stone-walled ruins of Sotho–Tswana towns and villages are scattered around the parts of the former Transvaal in which Johannesburg is situated.

Johannesburg has not traditionally been known as a tourist destination, but the city is a transit point for connecting flights to Cape Town, Durban, and the Kruger National Park.
On the culture front, the city has several art museums, such as the Johannesburg Art Gallery, which featured South African and European landscape and figurative paintings. Shopping is often popular with tourists, as the city offers a range of venues and experiences, from numerous upmarket shopping malls. City Parks is also responsible for planting the city’s many green trees, making Johannesburg one of the ‘greenest’ cities in the world.
Johannesburg’s most popular sports by participation are association football, cricket, rugby union, and running. Early each Sunday morning, tens of thousands of runners gather to take part in informal runs organised by several athletic clubs.

43
The World’s Most Famous Tourist Destinations by Slavka Stoycheva - Ourboox.com

45
The World’s Most Famous Tourist Destinations by Slavka Stoycheva - Ourboox.com

 

Asia

Team Four:

Aysun, Dzhanan

Mert, Ipek

47

Aysun

Taj Mahal – India

Location:
It is located in Agra, Uttar Pradesh, India.
General info:
An immense mausoleum of white marble, built in Agra between 1631 and 1648 by order of the Mughal emperor Shah Jahan in memory of his favourite wife, the Taj Mahal is the jewel of Muslim art in India and one of the universally admired masterpieces of the world’s heritage.
History:
A longstanding myth holds that Shah Jahan planned a mausoleum to be built in black marble as a Black Taj Mahal across the Yamuna river. The idea originates from fanciful writings of Jean-Baptiste Taverbier, a European traveller who visited Agra in 1665. It was suggested that his son Aurangzeb overthrew Shah Jahan before it could be built. Ruins of blackened marble across the river in Moonlight Garden, Mahtab Bagh, seemed to support this legend.
Tourism:
The Taj Mahal attracts a large number of tourists. UNESCO documented more than 2 million visitors in 2001, which had increased to about 7–8 million in 2014.

48
The World’s Most Famous Tourist Destinations by Slavka Stoycheva - Ourboox.com

50

Dzhanan

Laos

Located:The Lao People’s Democratic Republic is a country in Southeast Asia, bordering Myanmar and China to the northwest, Vietnam to the east, Cambodia to the south and Thailand to the west.
General info: After a period of French protectorate, the country gained independence in 1949. A protracted civil war ensued, which officially ended when the communist movement Pattet Lao came to power in 1975. Its area was 236,800 km², of which 232,064 km² land and 4,736 km² water area.
Population:The population of Laos is 6,667,534 people in 2008. Density – 28 inhabitants. per sq. km. The natural increase is 25. Average life expectancy – men – 52 years; women – 55 years old Ethnic composition – Lao – 67.2%, mountain tai – 7.8%, hmu – 7.2%, mountain Khmer – 4.4%, meo – 3.8%, puteng – 2.9 %, others – 6, 7%. Urban population – 25%.
History: 4.Laos is one of the ancient states in Indochina, inhabited by Chinese tribes who come south of the modern Chinese province of Yunnan. Gradually, they settled on the banks of the Mekong River and founded several small states. According to legend, the first king of Laos, Khun Borom, inherited land around Muang Thang (“Place of the Heavenly Spirits”) in southern China. His son and successor Khun Lu led his people south and settled in Rajadharani Sri Sudhana (modern-day Luang Prabang). Many kings reigned after him (in some sources their number is 22), but the exact dates of their reigns and their kinship are not specified. According to tradition, Praia Ranga is considered to be the last male king in Khun Borom.
Place to visit:Wat Xieng Thong, found on top of the Luang Prabang Peninsula, is one of the most beautiful and ornate temples in Laos.
Sports: The sport of football in the country of Laos is run by the Lao Football Federation.[1][2] The association administers the Laos national football team as well as the Lao Premier League. The league below is the Lao Division 1 League. Laos has been a member of FIFA since 1952. Football is the most popular sport in the country.
Going out: Luang Prabang, located in northern Laos, was inscribed on the UNESCO World Heritage List in 1995 and is identified by many tourists and writers as the heart of Laotian culture and traditions. Although the city is surrounded by mountains and is located 700 meters above sea level. Luang Prabang embodied the philosophy of Buddhism, exoticism and serenity.

51
The World’s Most Famous Tourist Destinations by Slavka Stoycheva - Ourboox.com

53
The World’s Most Famous Tourist Destinations by Slavka Stoycheva - Ourboox.com

 

Australia

Team Five:

Dilek, Rumeysa

Gizem, Elif

55

Dilek

Melbourne, Australia

Located: Melbourne is in the southeastern part of mainland Australia, within the state of Victoria.

General info: Melbourne is the capital and most populous city of the Australian state of Victoria, and the second most populous city in Australia and Oceania.

Population: It has a population of 5 million and its inhabitants are referred to as “Melburnians”.

History: The city was found on 30 August 1835, in the then-British colony of New South Wales. In 1851, four years after Queen Victoria declared it a city, Melbourne became the capital of the new colony of Victoria.

Places to visit: you can visit Docklands- The most happening waterfront ; The twelve Apostles at Great Ocean Road- Breathtaking cliff views or Flinders Street Station – Australia’s oldest railway station

Landscapes: Skyline Bridge, Royal Botanic Gardens Victoria, Grampians National Park

Sports: some of the key sports played in Melbourne, Victoria are Australian Rules football, golf, tennis, cricket, basketball, netball, football

Tourism: Melbourne is a blend of bustling lane ways, world-class restaurants and captivating museums. The locals love their coffee, and serve it up in abundance at cosy cafes.

Going out: Melbourne’s nightlife scene might not compete with those of other larger cities, but it does know how to have fun after dark. Bars and clubs stay open until about 1 a.m. or 4 a.m., and sometimes even 24 hours.

56
The World’s Most Famous Tourist Destinations by Slavka Stoycheva - Ourboox.com

58

Rumeysa

Australia – Sydney
Located– Sydney Located on Australia’s east coast, the metropolis surrounds Port Jackson and extends about 70 km on its periphery towards the Blue Mountains to the west, Hawkesbury to the north, the Royal National Park to the south and Macarthur to the south-west.

General Info– Sydney, the capital of New South Wales, Australia Sydney is built around a huge harbour and hosts many tourist attractions as well as a number of beaches, bays and a couple of national parks.

Population– Sydney is the largest city in Australia with a population of 22,000 in central Sydney and 4 million people in greater Sydney.

History– The History of Sydney begins in prehistoric times with the occupation of the district by Australian Aboriginals, whose ancestors came to Sydney in the Upper Paleolithic period.

Places to visit
-SYDNEY OPERA HOUSE-If you are wondering where to go in Sydney, start with the iconic Sydney Opera House.

-SYDNEY HARBOUR NATIONAL PARK- The scenic natural bushland also makes the National Park the perfect venue for bushwalking and picnicking or for surfing or swimming.

-SYDNEY HARBOUR BRIDGE- To Sydneysiders, the Bridge is more than an iconic landmark, it is part of their heritage and a world-renowned symbol of Australia.

Landscape
-Barangaroo
-Macquaries Point
-Turimetta Beach

Sports
-Sydney Sixers
-Sydney Kings
-Sydney Swans.

Tourism– Sydney is the starting point for day trips serving up fresh air, unique flavours and locals who know a thing or two about living life to the fullest.

Going out
-Marquee Sydney- Expect confetti, glamorous dancers and top Australian DJs as well.

-Arq- It’s the kind of place where even the sound system is designed to give you “the ultimate 360 degree aural stimulation”. Hello!

 

59
The World’s Most Famous Tourist Destinations by Slavka Stoycheva - Ourboox.com

61

Elif

 Brisbane/Australia

Located: Brisbane is the capital of and the most populous city in the Australian state of Queensland, and the third most populous city in Australia.

General info: Official language in Brisbane is English. Other popular languages ​​are vietnamese and mandarin.

Population: Brisbane’s population is about 2.5 milion.

History: The town was named after Sir Thomas Brisbane (1773 – 1860) – a British officer and colonial governor born in Largs, Scotland. Prior to British colonization, Brisbane was known to the local Turbule tribe as the Meean Jin. In 1823, explorer John Oxley discovered the Brisbane River, and in 1824 the first prison colony was established in Radcliffe.

Places to visit: You can visit Museum of Brisbane.

Landscape: You can see storey bridge in Brisbane.

Sports: Football Brisbane is the governing body responsible for the administration of Senior Men’s, Senior Women’s and Junior football (soccer) in Brisbane and some immediately adjoining areas, in Queensland, Australia.

Tourism: Brisbane is an important industry for the Queensland economy, being the third-most popular destination for international tourists after Sydney and Melbourne.

Going out: Brisbane’s Fortitude Valley is home to Australia’s first designated entertainment precinct. Come nightfall, the Valley’s streets are alive and pumping with the sound of live bands, laughter and nightclub beats.

62
The World’s Most Famous Tourist Destinations by Slavka Stoycheva - Ourboox.com

64

Gizem

Australia-Canberra

Located: The city is located at the northern end of the Australian Capital Territory south-west of Sydney and north-east of Melbourne.
General info: Canberra is the capital city of Australia it is Australia’s largest inland city and the eight-largest city overall.
Population: Canberra’s 2020 population is now estimated at 457,330.
History: Canberra was discovered on 7 December 1830 by Charles Throsby Smith,Joseph Wild and James Vaughan.
Places to visit:
-National Gallery of Australia-this is one of the largest museums in Australia,holding more than 166,000 works of art
-Australian National Botanic gardens-The botanic gardens are the largest living collection of native Australian flora
-national zoo & aquarium-this is a privately owned 19-hectare zoo and aquarium
Landscape:
1.Ribbon bridge
2.lake Burley Griffin
3.Black mountain
Things to do:

Sports:
1.Rugby
2.Cricket
3.Australian rules football
Tourism:The small town vibe means it’s easy to get around and the locals are eager to share the best of their food, wine, beer and attractions. Within the city limits you’ll find museums, galleries, breweries and modern architecture, but just minutes away lies the quiet nature of mountains, valleys and everything in between.
3.Going out
1.Polit bar
2.Limelight cinemas
3.Agostinis

65
The World’s Most Famous Tourist Destinations by Slavka Stoycheva - Ourboox.com

67
The World’s Most Famous Tourist Destinations by Slavka Stoycheva - Ourboox.com

 

Team Six:

Gergana Staleva

Alis

Eleonora

Yondzha

69

Gergana Staleva

Cancun

Located: Cancun is a city in southeast Mexico on the northeast coast of the Yucatán Peninsula in the Mexican state of Quintana Roo. It is a significant tourist destination in Mexico and the seat of the municipality of Benito Juárez. The city is on the Caribbean Sea Cancún is just north of Mexico’s Caribbean coast resort band known as the Riviera Maya.
General info: In older English-language documents, the city’s name is sometimes spelled “Cancoon”, an attempt to convey the sound of the name and is one of Mexico’s easternmost points. There are two possible translations of Cancún, based on the Mayan pronunciation kaan kun. The first translation is “nest of snakes”. The second version and less accepted is “place of the golden snake” Despite being a young city, Cancún has a memorial monument of its foundation on a replica of the old Airport Control Tower that resembles to its own date of foundation.
History:
As documented in the earliest colonial sources, Cancún was originally known to its Maya inhabitants as Nizuc meaning either “promontory” or “point of grass”.
Tourism: Cancún is served by the Cancún International Airport with an added main runway that commenced operation as of October 2009. The airport is located around 20 km from the hotel zone, approximately a 20 minute trip by car.

70
The World’s Most Famous Tourist Destinations by Slavka Stoycheva - Ourboox.com

72

Alis

Havana, Cuba

Havana is the capital city, largest city, province, major port, and leading commercial center of Cuba.The city has a population of 2.1 million inhabitants and it spans a total of 781.58 km2 (301.77 sq mi) – making it the largest city by area, the most populous city, and the fourth largest metropolitan area in the Caribbean region.

The city of Havana was founded by the Spanish in the 16th century and due to its strategic location it served as a springboard for the Spanish conquest of the Americas, becoming a stopping point for treasure-laden Spanish galleons returning to Spain. The King Philip II of Spain granted Havana the title of City in 1592. Walls as well as forts were built to protect the old city.The sinking of the U.S. battleship Maine in Havana’s harbor in 1898 was the immediate cause of the Spanish–American War.

The city attracts over a million tourists annually; the Official Census for Havana reports that in 2010 the city was visited by 1,176,627 international tourists,a 20% increase from 2005. Old Havana was declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1982.The city is also noted for its history, culture, architecture and monuments. As typical of Cuba, Havana experiences a tropical climate.

Places to visit :
Habana Vieja: contains the core of the original city of Havana. It was declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Plaza Vieja: a plaza in Old Havana, it was the site of executions, processions, bullfights, and fiestas.
Fortress San Carlos de la Cabaña, a fortress located on the east side of the Havana bay, La Cabaña is the most impressive fortress from colonial times, particularly its walls constructed at the end of the 18th century.
El Capitolio Nacional: built in 1929 as the Senate and House of Representatives, the colossal building is recognizable by its dome which dominates the city’s skyline. Inside stands the third largest indoor statue in the world, La Estatua de la República. Nowadays, the Cuban Academy of Sciences headquarters and the Museo Nacional de Historia Natural (the National Museum of Natural History) has its venue within the building and contains the largest natural history collection in the country.
El Morro Castle: is a fortress guarding the entrance to Havana bay; Morro Castle was built because of the threat to the harbor from pirates.
Fortress San Salvador de la Punta: a small fortress built in the 16th century, at the western entry point to the Havana harbour, it played a crucial role in the defence of Havana during the initial centuries of colonisation. It houses some twenty old guns and military antiques.
Christ of Havana: Havana’s 20-meter (66 ft) marble statue of Christ (1958) blesses the city from the east hillside of the bay, much like the famous Cristo Redentor in Rio de Janeiro.
The Malecon/Sea wall: is the avenue that runs along the north coast of the city, beside the seawall. The Malecón is the most popular avenue of Havana, it is known for its sunsets.
Tourism:
Havana attracts over a million tourists annually,the Official Census for Havana reports that in 2010 the city was visited by 1,176,627 international tourists, a 20% increase from 2005.
Havana has also been a popular health tourism destination for more than 20 years. Foreign patients travel to Cuba, Havana in particular, for a wide range of treatments including eye-surgery, neurological disorders such as multiple sclerosis and Parkinson’s disease, and orthopaedics. Many patients are from Latin America, although medical treatment for retinitis pigmentosa, often known as night blindness, has attracted many patients from Europe and North America.
Sports
Many Cubans are avid sports fans who particularly favour baseball. Havana’s team in the Cuban National Series is Industriales. FCBA. The city has several large sports stadiums, the largest one is the Estadio Latinoamericano. Admission to sporting events is generally free, and impromptu games are played in neighborhoods throughout the city. Social clubs at the beaches provide facilities for water sports and include restaurants and dance halls.

73
The World’s Most Famous Tourist Destinations by Slavka Stoycheva - Ourboox.com

75

Yonca

New York

1. Located
Located at the southern tip of the U.S. state of New York, the city is the center of the New York metropolitan area, the largest metropolitan area in the world by urban landmass.
2. Population
The City is the most populous city in the United States. With an estimated 2018 population of 8,398,748 distributed over about 302.6 square miles (784 km2), New York is also the most densely populated major city in the United States.
3.History
İn the pre-colonial period the arean of present day New York was inhabited by different groups of the local population. İn 1524 Giovanni da Verazzano, a Florentine explorer in the service of the French crown became the first European to reach the site of present-day New York City. He declared the territory a possession of France and named it Nouvelle Angouleme, after the French city of Angouleme…

4.Things to see and do:
1. Places to visit
Square Times Square, called the “crossroads of the world”. The names of many of the bridges skyscrapers and parks of New York are world – famous.

                                2. Sport and Tousim
Tousim is a significant industry for the city, a remarkable part of which look like millions are driverse. On average, the most iconomic things are the Emipire State Building. Times Square, State of Liberty, Wall Street, the United Kingdom headquarters St. Patrick’s Cathedral, the Natural History Museum, the Brooklyn Bridge. There are in New York, the most famous of which is Central Park.

76
The World’s Most Famous Tourist Destinations by Slavka Stoycheva - Ourboox.com

78
The World’s Most Famous Tourist Destinations by Slavka Stoycheva - Ourboox.com

Mariya

The Acropolis of Athens

1.Location: Athens, Greece
2.General info- The Acropolis of Athens is an ancient citadel, the most famous preserved acropolis in Greece. Despite the presence of many different acropolises throughout Greece, due to its importance for the history of ancient Greece, this is the acropolis for short. It dates back to the Mycenaean era and is believed to have housed a royal palace.
3.Population- The population of Athens is 664 046 ( in 2011)
1.Places to visit- The most significant building on the Acropolis is the Temple of the goddess Nike. Nike is known as the wingless goddess of victory. It was designed by Kalikrat and is much smaller than the other buildings. A statue of the goddess stood in its center. It was erected by the Athenian general Kalimah after the victorious battle of Marathon.
4.History- During the Mycenaean era, a fortified palace was erected on the Acropolis, the seat of the oldest rulers of Athens, who in later eras were revered with a cult of heroes. The restoration of the Acropolis during the reign of Pericles in 444-429 in the second half of the 5th century BC, when Athens was at the height of its power, was the most ambitious undertaking in the history of Greek architecture. According to legend, the Erechtheion is located at the place where Poseidon first claimed power over the city. He drove his trident into the rocks of the Acropolis and a spring gushed from there. Zeus later gave Athens an advantage because she gave the olive tree to the city before the spring gushed.

80
The World’s Most Famous Tourist Destinations by Slavka Stoycheva - Ourboox.com

82

Nataliya

Cabo da Roca
Located – It is situated in the municipality of Sintra, near Azóia, in the southwest of the district of Lisbon.

General info – Cabo da Roca or Cape Roca is a cape which forms the westernmost point of the Sintra Mountain Range, of mainland Portugal, of continental Europe, and of the Eurasian land mass.

History – Cabo da Roca was known to the Romans as Promontorium Magnum and during the Age of Sail as the Rock of Lisbon.

Sports- Popular sports in Cabo da Roca are outdoor sports and water sports

83
The World’s Most Famous Tourist Destinations by Slavka Stoycheva - Ourboox.com

85

Andreana

Château de Chenonceau

Located:(France) It is located near the small village of Chenonceaux in the Indre-et-Loire département of the Loire Valley.

General info: The estate of Chenonceau is first mentioned in writing in the 11th century.The current château was built in 1514–1522 on the foundations of an old mill and was later extended to span the river.

History: In its original form, it had a form of a simple château of Marques family that was eventually burned to the ground in 1412 by the order of French king. Two decades later, Jean Marques managed to rebuild the castle, but his heir decided to sell the castle in 1513 to the nobleman from Normandy – Thomas Bohier. It was he who decided to raze all the buildings, and in their place create a third castle, a castle that has survived to today.

Things to do:

Sports: rowing (also possible kayaking) under the bridge, this allows you to see everything from another point of view.

Tourism: Chenonceau Castle in Indre-et-Loire is surely among the most majestic of all the Loire castles. It is most certainly all of these at once. This building is a true masterpiece of the Renaissance, embellished by two iconic women.On either side of this avenue lie the gardens of Diane de Poitiers and Catherine de’ Medici. Both are composed of magnificent French-style flowerbeds. The castle is made up of three parts: there is the two-storey main building, decorated with corner turrets, and the grand gallery.Then there is the keep, a vestige of an old fortified castle, today known as the Marques Tower.
As you enter the castle, you cannot fail to admire the tasteful decoration. Renaissance furniture, paintings and 16th-century Flemish tapestries adorn the various rooms. Discover the green cabinet, the room where the regent used to work. You will then continue to the Francis I and Louis XIV drawing rooms, followed by the kitchens, which are exceptionally well preserved. In this vaulted room, the copperware sparkles next to a monumental fireplace.
Back outside, take a peaceful stroll in the park for an overview of Chenonceau Castle’s architecture.
Sound and light shows take place on summer nights, entitled “In the time of the Ladies of Chenonceau”.

86
The World’s Most Famous Tourist Destinations by Slavka Stoycheva - Ourboox.com

88

Petya

Charles Bridge-Prague

Located: Charles Bridge crosses the Vltava river in Prague, Czech Republic.

General into: The bridge is 516 metres long and nearly 10 metres wide, following the example of the Stone Bridge in Regensburg, it was built as a bow bridge with 16 arches shielded by ice guards.
Population: Prague has about 1.3 million people.
History: Its construction started in 1357 under the auspices of King Charles IV, and finished in the beginning of the 15th century.The bridge replaced the old Judith Bridge built 1158–1172 that had been badly damaged by a flood in 1342. This new bridge was originally called Stone Bridge or Prague Bridge but has been “Charles Bridge” since 1870.As the only means of crossing the river Vltava until 1841, Charles Bridge was the most important connection between Prague Castle and the city’s Old Town and adjacent areas. This “solid-land” connection made Prague important as a trade route between Eastern and Western Europe.
Place to visit: Charles Bridge
Landscape: Moldova river, Charles Brige and Prague castle.
Sports: Football and ice hockey.
Tourism: Tourism in Prague plays an important role in the country’s economy.

Going out: Тhere are beautiful sights to visit.

89
The World’s Most Famous Tourist Destinations by Slavka Stoycheva - Ourboox.com

91

Mrs.Stoycheva

Funchal, Madeira, Portugal

Location: Funchal (Portuguese: Funchal) is the capital of the Portuguese island of Madeira.

General info: The capital of the island of Madeira is known for its beautiful nature, bustling nightlife, fine restaurants and luxury hotels.

History: Funchal was founded in 1424 during the colonization of the island of Madeira. The name of the city means “a lot of dill” (Portuguese funcho – dill). When the Portuguese discovered the island, they found an extraordinary amount of this plant on it.

Landscape: The favorable climate and sunny beaches make Funchal one of the favorite destinations for rest and relaxation. Funchal is located in a huge amphitheater created by nature, in front of which is the Atlantic Ocean, and behind it are beautiful mountains. The city is located in the southern part of the island, on the sunniest beach, among banana plantations and amazing gardens, with flowers blooming all year round. The greenery and the whole area predispose you to rest and relax. But don’t be fooled, the nightlife here is bustling and people have fun all night long. Funchal is one of the main ports of cruise ships in the Atlantic Ocean. The port is located in the middle of the city. Access to it is very well arranged. Once you step on the shore, the city will turn you in its rhythm.

Things to do: Famous attractions include diving in the crystal clear ocean waters, swimming with dolphins, paragliding and hiking. Funchal tourists can enjoy diving in the crystal clear waters of the Atlantic, surfing the waves, swimming with dolphins, spending the day watching whales. However, if you prefer, you can take a walk along the coast or in the eucalyptus forests, play golf or fly a paraglider.

Things to see: The seaside town is known for its many festivals, such as the Flower Festival, the Walking Festival and the New Year Fireworks Festival, which is recorded in the Guinness Book of World Records.

Sport: The city of Funchal has two representative football teams. Their names are Nacional Madeira and Maritimo. They have been participants in the highest echelon of Portuguese football for many years.

 

92
The World’s Most Famous Tourist Destinations by Slavka Stoycheva - Ourboox.com

94
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Ad Remove Ads [X]
Skip to content