TWINSITE STORIES B1-B2
By TwinSite
TWINSITE STORIES B1-B2 by TwinSite - Illustrated by Twinsite project team - Ourboox.com
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

TWINSITE STORIES B1-B2

by

Artwork: Twinsite project team

  • Joined May 2021
  • Published Books 4
TWINSITE STORIES B1-B2 by TwinSite - Illustrated by Twinsite project team - Ourboox.com

THE BOOK STORE

 

Chapter 1, Mafalda PT

 

-I do not know what we are going to do Amelia, I am so sorry.

-Don’t worry, we will be ok, I am going to figure something out.

My dad is a very hardworking man, he has always done everything for my two siblings and I, I could not be more thankful. I appreciate everything that he has done for us, that is why I am not upset that he cannot afford my college expenses, here in the United States college is so expensive. I know he tried his hardest but life isn’t always easy.

-Maybe I can look for a part time job so I can save some money and maybe we’ll be able to pay. We still have two full years to save the right amount of money that I will be needing, I’ll help you in everything that I can.

-You are a very positive girl, I have always liked that about you. Do you think you will be able to combine the part time job and school? Keeping your grades up should be your main priority.- my dad reminds me, always worried about my performance in school.

-Dad, I will make it work, you don’t have to think about it.

As I say that I run to my room and immediately search for part time jobs that I could get. I consider a lot of things when choosing some options, for example, does it pay well? Is it something that I can enjoy and learn from? Is it very time consuming? Is it going to make me physically tired?

I find a job offer at a local supermarket, but as I am getting ready to call them I realise that the schedules are not flexible at all and I need to combine school with this job. I am losing hope because every offer that I find has a complicated schedule. However, as a light at the end of the tunnel, I find an offer at a local bookstore. I am filled with happiness, that is like a dream job. I love books and I would be surrounded by a lot of them, and it also says that the schedule is flexible, I know that I would love it. I decide to talk with my dad and then call the owner of the store and pray that she likes me and accepts me as her new employee.

 

Chapter 2, Mafalda PT

 

-Goodmorning dad. I found a really good option for a part time job yesterday, at a bookstore, but I still haven’t called the owner. I wanted to talk with you first.- I informed my dad of what I had decided last night before going to bed.

-Really? That was really fast, I think it could be a good option, do you know about the schedules and how much you would be making?

-I just read an advertisement online so I don’t know any details, but it said that the schedule is flexible and that they are willing to discuss the payments, I’ll call them and ask about everything.

-Yes, call them and tell me how it went, I am rooting for you!

-Thank you so much dad!

I am so nervous, I have never done this before, I don’t know what they are going to ask me, I just hope it goes well, I really need this job. I start dialing the number and an older woman answers.

-Goodmorning. My name is Alice, what can I help you with?

-Goodmorning. I am Amelia. I am calling because of the job advertisement I saw on your website, is that still available?

-Yes it is, would you like to apply for it?

-Yes, I am thinking about it, but I have some questions about the schedule and the payment.

-Sure, ask whatever you want.

-How flexible can you be with the schedules? I am still finishing school so I would not be available during the week.

-I do not think that is a problem, as long as you do not mind working during the weekend, that is when the store is busier and Josh, the manager needs the most help. For the most part you would be free during the week, but I should warn you that he may call and ask for help for one or two hours during the week, if he needs it, but those occasions should be rare.

-That is amazing, thank you. I do not mind those extra hours if I am not too busy with school that week. And how much would I be earning?

-Well, since it is a part time job I think you would be earning 35,000$ a year, is that ok?

-Yes, that is really great.

-I have a few more questions for you. I just need to know if you have any experience working with customers and if you have any knowledge about books to give recommendations to them.

-I do not have any experience, but I guarantee you that I can learn fast and I am good with talking to people. As for the books, yes, I love to read and I read about every genre so I think I will do well with the recommendations.

-That is good. I will call you tomorrow to tell you if you got the job.

-Thank you so much. I really think I would be a good addition to your team at the bookstore.

 

That was stressful even though I am thrilled, it went better than I ever thought it could go. I have a feeling that I got the job.

 

 

Chapter 3, Mafalda PT

 

The book store owner called me a few days ago to inform me that I got the job and that I should start today, so I am getting ready to leave and start my new part time job.

I run to the bus stop and I wait for it for about 10 minutes but it is late. I am really upset and frustrated. This is my first day, everything should be perfect. I won’t leave a good first impression if I arrive late on my first day.

Finally, the bus arrives but I know I am going to be late, I just hope the manager can understand. I get to the store and I am 15 minutes late, this day could not be going worse. I am greeted by the manager, Josh, but he doesn’t seem very happy.

-Late on the first day? That is one of the worst mistakes you could make.

– I am so sorry, the bus was late and…

– I don’t care, you have to be here on time- he interrupts me. I understand that this is a horrible mistake but he could have, at least, listened to my full explanation. I feel like I am not going to get along with him

– I am sorry, it won’t happen again.

– Good. Now, you have to organise the bookshelves before we open the store. Those boxes are full with books, put them on the shelf by alphabetic order of the author’s last name.

I am confused with these books. I don’t understand the bookshelves organisation and I don’t feel like Josh wants to help me. I am wondering if he just doesn’t like me, is having a bad day or it’s normal for him to be rude to others.

My first day is not going well. I am trying my hardest but I don’t know where things are so it is hard to put all these books in their correct place before the store opens, in 15 minutes. I am debating myself: should I ask Josh for help or should I try to figure this out by myself? Josh hasn’t been nice to me at all, and I am pretty sure he noticed that I am struggling but, on the other hand, I really need help, I can’t do this alone in time.

 

Chapter 4,

Opriș Bianca Romania

 

I went for a walk in the library. I was looking to see if I could find any paper on which to write how the books were organized.

After all, I found a book he was writing about

,, The guide of an orderly reader ,,.

I opened the book and gave the order in which the books are placed in the library.

  1. In alphabetical order
  2. By color of cover
  3. Depending on the series

4.After publishing

  1. According to the literary species in which the book falls
  2. Depending on the language in which they are written

It was really complex, but I’m sure I’ll do it!

In 15 minutes, the time limit, I finished arranging the books.

Then I realized. The author!

I organized the books wrong. I didn’t have time.

Josh came to see me. When he saw the order in which the books were placed, he became so angry that I thought he would explode.In 15 minutes, the time limit, I finished arranging the books.

The store has opened. The boy did not dare to say anything, because his brain would have died. So I told myself don’t beat yourself up over this.

A loyal book buyer had come to choose a book.

– How beautifully organized the books are,said the man. Who did this?

-Me, sir. I am sorry, I said.

– Is beautiful. That’s how I will always find the book I want to read.

Josh looked at the floor in shame. He must have regretted offending me. But I won’t do it the way he did to me. So I said :

– I’m sorry, Josh, I didn’t listen to you, but look, it’s good to try new things.

-Yes. Sorry. Want

to help you?

– What do you think?- I laugh and give him a box full of books.

-Come on. We have a lot of work to do, I continue.

3

THE TREASURE

 

Ahmet is a reluctant child to study his lessons. He would prefer to play the computer games rather than study lessons and he would rather sleep all time at home. Actually, he can’t do anything, he is always dull. He can scoff every foods. He doesn’t like jazzy things and he doesn’t have any feats. This situation makes his mother very disappointed. Therefore, she has planned a glamorous game for him to understand the value of the school. She went to the bathroom and a paper has submerged and taken out it. She has gone to his room and shown the paper to him. Ahmet couldn’t understand anything and asked her what it was. His mother has immediately started to cry. She said to him that this paper belonged to his deceased father and included a message to find the treasure and she has added her words to that his father who was curvy had a gifted ability to draw visual maps. Also, she said that this paper was in a chest but now it was wet and she guessed this was a message for his father. His mother confessed his father’s ability to him. Ahmet couldn’t believe his mother and…

 

He took the paper to Hasan, the butcher of the neighborhood, who could read the map. He asked if the map really showed a treasure. When the butcher answered positively, Ahmet, who did not like to be a student, left the school and tried to find the treasure. He didn’t come home even  to eat or sleep. He always spent his time on the way to treasure!

Meanwhile, Ahmet’s mother felt regretful about the situation! She planned to make her son to be a good and hardworking student but made him a treasure hunter! Ahmet turned out to be a treasure hunter. She asked for help but nobody could help her. Ahmet chose the way of earning his life with treasure.

4

HARD TIMES

 

Daniel, who came to life by the sound of applause, was chatting with his fans. He had a lot of fans supporting him and he was proud of it. He turned to his fan who asked questions with curious looks. ‘‘How did you get the scar on your forehead?’’ fan asked curiously. Daniel remembered the past when he heard that question. He never had a good time in his childhood. But daniel had overcome everything, so he decided to tell.

‘‘When I was young, I was always bullied for being orphaned and powerless’’ daniel said. The three bullys in my class were taking my money and threatening me. I couldn’t take it anymore, and I told them I was going to report them. But when they heard that, the two of them came towards me and started roughing me up. Tom, the ringleader of the group, came up to me with a razor blade and brutally sunk in my forehead. I had never suffered this much and then realized that the scar would remain. They continued to bully until high school. But one day I met the person who changed my life and inspired me…

…he was the most important person in my life.His name was Richard.

Richard was not only principal in our school but also the best teacher.When I wearied out,he was always by my side.I learned many considerable things from him.As we all know,i am orphan and at that times he was like both my mother and father.

In order to give confidence to me,he did everything.As for me,i did too.I studied hard to do my best.I saw honour in his eyes and it made me stronger.But while everything was going sufferable,he suddenly died.I was really shocked because I grew on him.I had tough times again.But I collected myself to not upset him.But for him,i wouldn’t have been like that.To sum up,I really think greatly of him as he changed my life.

 

5

Famous Writers

 

  1. Mihai Eminescu, by Bianca Opris

 

Poet

Mihai Eminescu was a Romantic poet, novelist and journalist, often regarded as the most famous and influential Romanian poet. Eminescu was an active member of the Junimea literary society and he worked as an editor for the newspaper Timpul, the official newspaper of the Conservative Party. His poetry was first published when he was 16 and he went to Vienna to study when he was 19. The poet’s Manuscripts, containing 46 volumes and approximately 14,000 pages, were offered by Titu Maiorescu as a gift to the Romanian Academy during the meeting that was held on 25 January 1902. Notable works include Luceafărul, Odă în metru antic, and the five Letters. In his poems he frequently used metaphysical, mythological and historical subjects. In general his work was influenced by the German philosopher Arthur Schopenhauer.

 

 

  1. Ion Luca Caragiale, by Iulian Lupu

 

Playwright

Ion Luca Caragiale was a Wallachian-born Romanian playwright, short story writer, poet, theater manager, political commentator and journalist. He is considered one of the greatest Romanian playwrights and writers, a leading representative of local humor, and a main representative of Junimea, an influential literary society with which he parted during the second half of his life. Caragiale’s work, spanning four decades, covers the ground between Neoclassicism, Realism, and Naturalism, building on an original synthesis of foreign and local influences. His plays constituted an important venue for criticism of late 19th-century Romanian society, while in later works of fiction Caragiale adopted the fantasy genre or turned to historical fiction. Caragiale oscillated between the liberal current and conservatism. Most of his satirical works target the liberal republicans and the National Liberals. He clashed with National Liberal leaders such as Dimitrie Sturdza and Bogdan Petriceicu Hasdeu, and was a lifelong adversary of the Symbolist poet Alexandru Macedonski. As a result of these conflicts his access to the cultural establishment was barred for several decades. During the 1890s, Caragiale rallied with the radical movement of George Panu, before associating with the Conservative Party. After having decided to settle in Berlin, he came to voice strong criticism for Romanian politicians of all colors in the wake of the 1907 Romanian Peasants’ Revolt, and ultimately joined the Conservative-Democratic Party.

 

 

  1. Mihail Sadoveanu, by Sebastian Rancu

 

Novelist

Mihail Sadoveanu was a Romanian novelist, short story writer, journalist and political figure, who twice served as acting head of state for the communist republic. One of the most prolific Romanian-language writers, he is remembered mostly for his historical and adventure novels, as well as for his nature writing. An author whose career spanned five decades, Sadoveanu was an early associate of the traditionalist magazine Sămănătorul, before becoming known as a Realist writer and an adherent to the Poporanist current represented by Viaţa Românească journal. His books, critically acclaimed for their vision of age-old solitude and natural abundance, are generally set in the historical region of Moldavia, building on themes from Romania’s medieval and early modern history. Among them are Neamul Şoimăreştilor, Fraţii Jderi and Zodia Cancerului. With Venea o moară pe Siret…, Baltagul and some other works of fiction, Sadoveanu extends his fresco to contemporary history and adapts his style to the psychological novel, Naturalism and Social realism.

 

  1. Ion Creangă, by Riana Postelnicu

 

Writer

Ion Creangă was a Moldavian-born Romanian writer, raconteur and schoolteacher. A main figure in 19th century Romanian literature, he is best known for his Childhood Memories volume, his novellas and short stories, and his many anecdotes. Creangă’s main contribution to fantasy and children’s literature includes narratives structured around eponymous protagonists, as well as fairy tales indebted to conventional forms. Widely seen as masterpieces of the Romanian language and local humor, his writings occupy the middle ground between a collection of folkloric sources and an original contribution to a literary realism of rural inspiration. They are accompanied by a set of contributions to erotic literature, collectively known as his “corrosives”. A defrocked Romanian Orthodox priest with an unconventional lifestyle, Creangă made an early impact as an innovative educator and textbook author, while pursuing a short career in nationalist politics with the Fracțiunea liberă și independentă group. His literary debut came late in life, closely following the start of his close friendship with Romania’s national poet Mihai Eminescu and their common affiliation with the influential conservative literary society Junimea. Although viewed with reserve by many of his colleagues there, and primarily appreciated for his records of oral tradition, Creangă helped propagate the group’s cultural guidelines in an accessible form. Later criticism has often described him, alongside Eminescu, Ion Luca Caragiale and Ioan Slavici, as one of the most accomplished representatives of Junimist literature.

 

 

  1. Mircea Eliade, by Andreea Laza

 

Philosopher

Mircea Eliade was a Romanian historian of religion, fiction writer, philosopher, and professor at the University of Chicago. He was a leading interpreter of religious experience, who established paradigms in religious studies that persist to this day. His theory that hierophanies form the basis of religion, splitting the human experience of reality into sacred and profane space and time, has proved influential. One of his most influential contributions to religious studies was his theory of Eternal Return, which holds that myths and rituals do not simply commemorate hierophanies, but, at least to the minds of the religious, actually participate in them. His literary works belong to the fantastic and autobiographical genres. The best known are the novels Maitreyi, Noaptea de Sânziene, Isabel și apele diavolului and Romanul Adolescentului Miop, the novellas Domnișoara Christina and Tinerețe fără tinerețe, and the short stories Secretul doctorului Honigberger and La Țigănci.

 

 

6

A mysterious murder

 

It all began with a telephone call ! On a Sunday morning of March, the detective Robert Redford was just sitting down to read his newspaper, enjoying a cup of hot American coffee! He had a busy week and he was looking forward to having a relaxing weekend when the phone rang. Slowly, as if he were presaging that something bad was about to happen, he picked up the receiver. “Is that Mr Redford?” asked a voice on the other end of the phone.  Redford was about to reply, when a voice of a woman cried out: “Please, Help me…help me!” .The phone call stopped suddenly as someone had put the phone down before the woman went on speaking. He didn’t recognise the voice, so he thought it might have been one of those silly people that loved to make jokes. Yet he spent all day thinking about who might have called him and why.

That night his dreams were nightmares; he dreamt of a monster that had murdered a woman in a wood; strange figures like shadows were fluttering  around him and ..he was wandering without any destination. When he woke up, he felt upset; the strange phone call might have caused a great confusion in his mind.

When he got to his office, one of his loyal policeman told him about a crime that had been committed. A corpse of a woman had been found in a house in an elegant area of the city, exactly in Rose Avenue. Her name was Sybil Moore. He had been an extra at theatre.A scary feeling ran through the Inspector’s body! Immediately he asked?.

I : Did you go there? What did you find out at Rose Avenue?

P: The back door and all the windows were open, so people inside must have left in a hurry.

I:  Were there people injured?

  1. No,sir…no one!

I: Was there any evidence of a robbery?

P: No, the windows and locks weren’t broken and there was money in a drawer, so there can’t have been a robbery. The phone was off the hook- they might have had a phone call.

The inspector felt a kind of empathy with the woman dead! Might have she been the woman asking for help the night before?

He decided to go to the house to get new evidence.

 

 

In the dim light inside the house the inspector could just make out the shapes of the furniture and he stumbled on a wreck. “I should have taken a torch with me “– he thought!

Fortunately, he saw a candle on the table in the darkness. After lighting it, the room went into a soft light, which was a little scary. Suddenly Redford kicked something with his left foot. He looked down and saw a telephone. He picked it up from the ground and examined it carefully, there were traces of lipstick. Most likely the traces of lipstick were on the woman who had called him last night for help. He continued to walk around the room and scan the crime scene until something shiny caught his eye. Under one of the chairs he saw a golden cuff. Usually this type of cuffs were made only in one place in the city.

“I got you!” he thought.

On the next morning, while drinking his favorite American coffee, Redford carefully examined the cuff and saw the initials TB.

“Who are you?” – he whispered.

Suddenly he got up from his chair, put on his coat, and ran down the street.

A few minutes later, he found himself in front of Theodore Baker’s law firm.

Redford looked around and decided to enter. Mr. Baker’s secretary greeted him and invited him to wait. As she handed him the coffee, Miss Green said that Mr. Baker had been ill for two days and had not come to the office. As Redford came, he suddenly jumped out the door. Miss Green followed him anxiously, but could not reach him.

A few minutes later, Redford was in front of the lawyer’s house. As he wondered what to do, the front door opened and Mr. Baker came out with a large plastic bag in his hand. He tossed it very carelessly into his neighbors’ bins. Pretending to be walking, Redford grabbed the bag from the trash can and headed for home.

When he got home and made sure no one was following him, Redford opened the bag and pulled out a luxurious men’s shirt stained with blood. The blood of Theodore Baker.

Later in the day, Redford went to the police station to hand over the evidence.

 

Policeman: “Where did you find this bag?”

Redford: “In Theodore Baker’s neighbor’s bins, I saw him with my own eyes as he was throwing away the bag.”

 

The policeman nodded thoughtfully: “ Might he have murdered the woman? and Why?” Had they had a secret love affair?”he started wondering.. When the police went to Theodore Baker’s  house they found no one.. only a  kitten without food or water. The wardrobe was empty…no clothes.. But in a drawer they found a photo. Sybil and Theodore embraced and in love!   At that point, the police started  looking for him everywhere but there were no traces.He had fled..and this was proof of his guilt!

Two months passed and the police finally found Theodore Baker in Mexico in a camper on the beach. When he realized he was haunted by policemen he tried to escape, but he was caught and, on the way to the prison, Theodore shouted: “I was a monster!” pleading for forgiveness. The police appreciated his honesty, but there was no excuse for what he had done.

Theodore Baker was sentenced to life in prison. Detective Redford had solved another crime!

 

 

The end

 

7

 Travelling through Art

 

-Mr Smith:  Good evening my loved public! Welcome to our weekly  Art documentary.My name is Paul Smith and today on FAE we are going to interview Mr Alex Anderson, expert in Art and European history.

Mr Smith: Good evening Alex, how are you going today?

 

-Alex: Today I’m feeling better than ever, and you?

 

-Mr Smith: Nice to hear you’re good.  I feel great and I hope that our audience too are having a great day. Today we will talk about some  European cities and  I’ve heard that Alex here is especially prepared about Italy and Croatia. And I hope that we can learn a lot from this interview. Alex, what would you want to start with ?

 

-Alex: Thanks for letting me choose where to begin, I would like to talk about Italy with its fascinating and incredible historical sites and then we can continue onwards.

 

-Mr Smith: Awesome, I really want to know more about Italy because a lot of my friends who went there said it was  really worth it to visit and it’s the ideal place to go for a vacation with  cheerful people and mind-blowing cuisine ; Alex,could you please highlight main facts about the origin of Italy?

 

-Alex: Italy was never deserted due to the fact that it was inhabited starting from the Paleolithic, the interesting part starts with the Greeks giving birth to the Magna Grecia and the Italian population was under a democratic government, then after the Greeks came the Romans, they wiped out a lot of threats in Italy and built roads, cities, ports, aqueducts, fortifications but the most important symbol of their art is obviously the Colosseum, one of the Seven Marvels of the world.

 

-Mr Smith: Ohhh of course it is ! it’s one of the most ancient and most visited monuments in the world ! When was it built?

-Alex: :The Colosseum was built around 70 d.c under the Roman Empire and was finished around 80 d.c, as you know well and maybe the icon of Italy being one of the most famous places in the world.

Works started under Emperor Vespasian and finished under Titus.The name colosseum for the amphitheatre is attested from the 6th century,The word colosseum is a neuter Latin noun formed from the adjective colosseus, meaning “gigantic” or “colossean”. Colosseum was first called the Flavian Amphitheatre or in Latin, the Amphitheatrum Flavium. This was after Vespasian and Titus who had the family name of Flavius. It was used for gladiatorial contests, and other shows like animal hunts, in which animals would hunt and eat prisoners; or in which gladiators would fight against animals. There were also executions of prisoners, plays, and battle scenes; sometimes it was filled with water to fight sea battles. The people of Rome could go into the Colosseum without any costs; it was free.

In the Middle Ages, after the mid-fifth century, it was no longer used for performances. It was then used as housing, workshops, a Christian shrine, and as a supply of building stones.

It is now in ruins because of earthquakes. It’s a real work of art and being built that far back is even more remarkable.. It is one of Rome’s most popular tourist attractions. A  kind of  real goldmine for Italian tourism!

 

 

-Mr Smith:  Very,very interesting! Alex ,one question from a caller passionate with Art.

 

-Alex:Of course! I’ m very pleased to give you more information about that!

 

 

 

 

-Mr. Smith: Now, can we talk about Croatia?

 

-Alex: Yes! My favorite city in Croatia is Split. Split is Croatia’s second largest city and the largest city in the Dalmatia region. It lies on the eastern shore of the Adriatic Sea.

 

-Mr. Smith: If Split is that close to Italy, do they have any connection?

 

-Alex: I’m glad you asked that Mr. Smith. Diocletian’s Palace is an ancient palace built for the Roman emperor Diocletian at the turn of the fourth century AD, which today forms about half the old town of Split.

 

-Mr. Smith: Wow! That’s so fascinating! How old is Diocletian’s Palace?

 

-Alex: Well, the beginning of the construction of Diocletian’s Palace has not exactly been established. It is assumed to have begun around 295, after the introduction of the Tetrarchy. But then when Diocletian abdicated in 305, the palace seems to have still been unfinished, and there are indications that some works were taking place while the emperor was residing at the Palace. It is unknown under whose architectural ideas palace was built and who its builders were.

 

-Mr. Smith: What happened when Diocletian died?

 

-Alex: With the death of Diocletian, the life of the palace did not end, and it remains an imperial possession of the Roman court, providing shelter to the expelled members of the Emperor’s family.

 

-Mr. Smith: What’s the architecture of Diocletian’s Palace like?

 

-Alex: I could talk for days about that amazing architecture, but I will be short. Diocletian’s Palace has outer walls, Golden gate, Silver gate, Iron gate, Bronze gate, inner layout, southern half, emperor’s apartment, Vestibul, The Palace Cellars, Peristyle, Northern half, streets and annex buildings…

 

-Mr. Smith: What is your favorite thing in Diocletian’s Palace?

 

-Alex: Egyptian sphinxes are my favorite. The Palace was decorated with numerous 3 500 year old granite Sphinxes, originating from the site of Egyptian Pharaoh Thutmose III. Only three have survived the centuries. One is still on the Peristyle, the second sits headless in front of the Jupiter’s temple, and a third is housed in the city museum.

 

-Mr. Smith: Are there any other interesting things that you could tell us now?

 

-Alex: Yes. In 1979 UNESCO, in line with the international convention on cultural and natural heritage, adopted a proposal that the historic city of Split built around the Palace should be included in the register of World Cultural Heritage. Also, the Palace as used as a location for filming the fourth season of the series Game of Thrones…

 

-Mr. Smith: Well Alex, thank you very much on everything it as a pleasure!

 

-Alex: Thank you very much for letting me be here I hope that we see each other again!

 

8

Interview with Selena Williams

 

I: My guest today is a person who is famous for revolutionizing women’s tennis with her powerful style of play. She has won 4 Olympic gold medals and 39 Grand Slam tennis titles, which is the most of any active player. More than that, she is just an all-around great person, a warm welcome to Serena Williams.

S: Hello, thank you for inviting me.

I: So Selena, you have been at the top of your game on the court and in the business world for years. As a woman, what are some moments you have had to overcome?

S: There is definitely a lot, there is a double standard in everything we do, and that is just the society that we happen to live in. It takes generations to change, but for me, the main thing to do is just be yourself.

I: If you could play another sport what would it be?

S: For sure ballet. I remember when I was 5-6 years old and my bigger sister tried to teach me how to swirl. I would fell, sometimes on purpose, just to make her laugh.

I: Who influenced you to start tennis?

Q: Certainly my father was also interested in tennis, he directed us in this direction because he wanted me to spend quality time with my sister, my sister did not want to continue, but I was already a tennis enthusiast. Tennis has always been very EYE-POPPİNG for me.

I: What do you do in your training sessions and what are the conditions for a good workout?

Q: We do jogging, cardio in our workouts. We do the bounce exercises. A healthy diet and effort are essential for a good workout.

I: How do you feel when you know that the SPECTATORS support you at TOURNAMENTS?

Q: It’s a great feeling. I feel so proud because it is not so easy to make people trust you. They increase your courage.

I: According to you, what are the benefits of sports?

Q: I think sports is the right lifestyle, your life is getting in order and you are eating well. Most importantly, it teaches patience. Even if your competitors are PITILESS, sometimes this process gets easier because you know how to be patient even if there is a RAT RACE. Perseverance is the revenge of the good to strive and achieve a good result.

I: Woww, Selena. You are number one, as usual 🙂 Thanks for sharing your experiences with us and thanks for accepting my invitation. Hope to go on hearing your new success stories !

 

 

9

THE WAR

 

 

Once there was a place called Gardeny.It was a magical island where everyone was immortal and lived happy.

 

And there was a family liked to go hunting in the forest and they had a big house.The men in the family were all very strong, but one of the sons, Johny, was not so strong. He always wanted to be extroverted and brave like his big brothers. However he was afraid of many things,especially the fear of death.

 

That day was a wonderful .Johny and his best friend Sam were taking Johny’s dog for a walk. Johny who was a trustworthy and introverted boy talked to his dog,Max.

-Max, hurry up! Why’re you waiting here?

Sam looked tired of walking and searched for a bench.He was the only friend of Johny in the neighborhood. They decided to relax for a few minutes there under a tree.Max started to smell around and run.Johny and Sam were both puzzled and concerned.They immediately went after Max. After a while, Max stopped near a hole. They discovered that there was a dead body in the hole.

 

Johny and Sam were very scared because no one would die here, even very old people would not die, except the ones who wanted to go to the Island of Dreams and almost noone would want to go there. Johnny and Sam went straight to the house. Johny, who dived into the hall, immediately said, “There is a body next to the sacred historical artifacts! ” said. He was very scared. His family said, “The time has come.” But Johny did not understand what time it was. He was very scared and became increasingly pessimistic.

 

His family said that this was a possible war situation because no one would die on this island. He explained that they were enemies of the tribe that was the former ruler of the island. And he explained that the tribe, the former ruler of the island, were their enemies. He explained that the Satata Tribe, the ruler in ancient times, performed a very bloody ritual every hundred years because of their superstitions. And 1000 years ago, Johny’s ancestors fought and won to prevent this tradition. They had expelled the Satuta Tribe. But the Satuta Tribe had sworn and said that they would return one day to reclaim their land. Johny’s biggest fear was emerging:fear of the death☹

Johny’s mother Rowena came into the hall with an ornate chest in her hand. It was the first time that Johnny saw this chest. His mother opened the chest containing 4 jewels: a ruby ring, a pair of emerald earrings, a diamond necklace, a sapphire brooch. But Johny couldn’t make sense of anything and he was about to go crazy. And his mother started to explain: “Dear Son, these are family heirlooms from ancient times. The jewels you see are water, fire, nature and air amulets. Each has its own strengths.”

‘’And one of the talismans is yours. The diamond necklace carries the power of the Pegasus, it is the air amulet. The talismans choose the person according to the aura of the person. We did some tests to find your talisman when you were born. You have the air amulet and you are the one who will use it on the battlefield today. This is in our blood, we are strong and we will use it for good!’’. “Remember,” said Johny’s father. “you have been trained all your life; remember all those training!”

 

Everythingstarted to be more logicalthen: all those studies, hunts, forest trips, endurance tests …Johnny said nervously, “Why didn’t you tell me such an important thing?! Your life is at risk and I have just learned this!”

Her mother Rowena said, “We were thinking of telling you soon. We did not expect it to happen so soon. Don’t be afraid Johnny, you are a talented boy, I know you are afraid, but you can overcome your fears. It is in our destiny, it is our duty to make peace; we must save people.”

But Johny was terrified; he was afraid of the death of his loved ones. War meant death. But he could not leave his family alone. He would fight, at all costs.

His mother approached him and gave him the air amulet. And as soon as he picked up the air amulet, something awoke in him. He felt the power, felt the Pegasus. Something was awakening inside him. Johnny said, “I will fight.” His father William said, “That’s my boy !” And he put the ruby stone ring on his finger, this was the fire talisman and contained the power of the dragon.

Johny said, “ But how can I use this power? ” Her mother said, “ This is something that is inside you, so we don’t know, but those who used the air amulet in the past could shape the air, squeeze it and strike it with air. Focus and think about what you have to do. ”. Johny focused, imagining that there was a hardair wall around him. He failed on the first try. But the second time, he compressed the air and created a wall.

Johny’s elder brother, Dean, while  wearing the sapphire brooch, turned to his father and said, “Is there any information about when the war will start? It would be good for Johny to do some training.” His father said,“they have to let people know that they should be on alert all the time. War can break out at any moment.”

Caught in the middle of the events, Sam was watching the event with surprise. Sam looked like he didn’t believe it. Dean took Sam home, and then he took Johny to the field behind the house for training.

 

They worked for almost 3 days without rest. Dean was very strong, he had the power to control the water. His talisman carried the power of a Cracken. John learned a lot of important information from his brother. Three days of preparation were made on the island.

On Saturday night, a fire broke out in the harbor. The enemy forces were coming ashore. The leader of the tribe and his daughter were coming to the town at full speed at the back. There were chimera soldiers among the soldiers and they were led by their leader. The Satuta leader was a master swordsman and could cut even a thick tree with his sword. And with the power of the moonstone, he could control the land. His daughter Themisa was a very good sword user, a cursed poison would spread on the body of the person whose sword touched him, and he could not be saved.

Johny’s family and Gardeny’s army welcomed them on the edge of the forest. The head of the Satuta Tribe shouted that ”we came to take ours”. John’s father William laughed loudly, “Come and get it, if you can”. He turned to the soldiers and said, “Do not cause serious harm to anyone, just neutralize them.”

William’s plan was ready. He had sent his son Dean and his soldiers to the shore, they would come from behind and trap the enemy in the middle. The forests were under the control of Johny’s mother Rowena, who had the power of the goddess of vengeance, Furi, who was the soil amulet. Johny, on the other hand, was with his father. On his father’s orders, some of his soldiers stepped forward and began to fight the chimeras that came to them. Chimeras were strong opponents, but the Gardenly army was well trained and the inhabitants of the island would not die. Soon the chimeras were deactivated. One-on-one fights had begun, and the head of the Satuta Tribe was shouting orders. The archers fired poisonous arrows. Johnny was blocking them with his air shield. Everyone was fighting with all their might.

The chief of the tribe jumped from the back of a huge hawk and landed on the ground and said, “Power of destruction! Wake up!” Seeing the leader of Satuta, William gathered the dragon’s power and began shooting fireballs at his enemy. With a sword of fire in his hand, he walked on the enemy. The chief of the tribe lifted his sword, a fight began so fast that it was almost impossible to follow by naked eyes.

At that time, Themisa was goingtowards to the battlefield with her sword, Johnny and Themisa faced off against two powerful rivals. Johnny was sending air blows and protecting himself with a compressed air shield. Themisa was really fast and had a hard time keeping up with Johny’s speed. If the sword touched his body, he would die, although there was no death on this island. This sword was black magic. At that time there was a sound of laughter coming from the forest. It was the voice of his mother. The branches and walking trees that came out of the forest suddenly began to circle around the enemies. The branches were holding and neutralizing the enemies. But there were still enemy troops in the back. But Dean had a wonderful surprise: this man, armed with the power of the Cracten controlled the water, approached from behind and removed some of the enemy troops from the area.

At that time, William had trapped the leader in a cage of fire, but his enemy managed to escape by controlling the soil. He swung his sword at Johny’s father William, and William fell to the ground. The soil was trying to absorb William, but the dragon-powered William rose to the sky. He started throwing fireballs at his enemy. The fireballs were very fast and big. William was in flames and he didn’t hurt. The enemy was caught in one of the walking trees. The tree hugged him tightly. Rowena, carried by the walking trees, shouted, “No one can harm my family!” He made some gestures like dancing, and the trellis-shaped bushes emerging from the ground took the enemies in. It was very difficult to get out of these cages. It was almost impossible. The energy of nature, which was integrated into the body of Rowena, was creating a great force of destruction. This woman, who has the power of the Goddess of Vengeance Furi, wanted to punish the wicked. But they should do good, not evil.

 

 

The fight between Themisa and Johny was still ongoing.Themisa was constantly moving and very fast And Johnny focused. He called the true power of Pegasus, the mind-blowing power. He focused and gathered the power in him. And he shouted. And Johny yelled so loudly that the destructive effect of the weather overthrew Themisa. Themisa, whose sword was thrown aside, barely stood up. “Don’t think you can beat me! I’m the princess of the Satuta Tribe!”. Johny rose with the power of Pegasus.Themisa was an experienced person . He danced away from the air attacks. But Johny shaped the air and nailed him to the ground. But Themisa’s hands were free and he threw the knife from his waist to Johnny’s shoulder. But Themisa didn’t see Dean who was behind him. Dean took him into the middle of a whirlpool. Dean helped his brother, and Johny, who had his attention, trapped him in an air balloon. There was no escape.Themisa was shouting, she was struggling to get out.

Finally the war was over. The enemy forces were defeated. Fortunately, no one was killed. Only a few people were injured. People who fell into the holes were saved. The wounded soldiers and the enemy soldiers were treated. The destruction on the battlefield was eliminated. The people of the Gardeni were happy again. Nobody wanted war anymore. The Satuta Tribe was given the right to live in Gardeny. But the Satuta Tribe had to take the blood oath. The blood oath was very important and the person who broke it would be punished in a great and painful way. The Satuta Tribe swore blood oath. There was no superstition, no fear anymore…instead, there was love, tolerance, and kindness on the island.

10

NIGHTMARES OF NAOMI

Once, there was a woman called Naomi.She lived in a big house as a servant.

The house belonged to an old lady who was very rich but alone.There were mirrors in every size on the walls of the house because the old woman liked them very much.She was generous and modest woman.Naomi was happy to be there with the old woman.They became like mom and daughter year after year.

 

However,Naomi had a big problem.She had nightmares.Whenever she went to bed and closed her eyes,she heard screams and saw a dead body near a cliff in her dreams.In the mornings, she never talked about her dreams.

 

One day, Naomi finished all the work and went to her bedroom.She realized that there weren’t the mirrors on the walls in her room.Then she put on her nightdress and lay down quietly.She fell asleep.After a few hours, Naomi heard a hoarse voice.This voice was coming from the old lady’s room.Naomi went to her room and opened the door.She was shocked because the old lady wasn’t there…

 

She started to look everywhere. But she couldn’t find her. ‘Maybe she is in the bathroom.’ she thought. She was not only scared but also very excited. She ran to the bathroom and opened the door. She saw the old lady lying on the floor covered with blood. There were pieces of broken mirrors everywhere. She was terrified. She didn’t know what to do. She remembered her dream. Now, it was coming true.

 

She immediately called the police. They came in fifteen minutes. One of the policemen asked her some questions arrogantly. Naomi understood that they were suspecting her. She was annoyed but she had nothing to do.They told her that they had to take her to the police station. ‘No! You are making a big mistake! I didn’t do anything!’ she screamed and began crying.

 

She suddenly woke up and she understood that it was a bad dream again…

 

 

11
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Skip to content