VALUES4ALL

by valuesforall

This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

VALUES4ALL

  • Joined Jan 2023
  • Published Books 1
VALUES4ALL by valuesforall - Ourboox.com
VALUES4ALL by valuesforall - Ourboox.com

Education is the most important instrument for human resource development. Our project aims to highlight the importance of gender equality by raising awareness of women who have been relevant figures in the history of our countries in areas as diverse as arts, politics, science, sports, literature, entertainment, etc. Education is the most important instrument for human resource development. There is a saying that when you educate a woman you educate a nation. Women are the key to sustainable development and quality of life. So they should be members of community centers or clubs to disseminate knowledge about sports, art, literature, politics, science, etc. to society. Moreover, it is the women who have sustained the growth of society and sculpted the future of nations. Women are essential to many industries in the complicated social environment that is currently growing. They are becoming more than just peacemakers; they are becoming a source of strength and a representation of advancement.

4

Living in the modern age has made people more open-minded and accepting and they are embracing differences more than ever before. Younger generations have especially gone a long way to change tradition, embrace equality, and eliminate many stereotypes.

As beautiful as this is, there are still many industries and careers that are male-dominated. Industries such as science, engineering, construction, and technology offer higher entry-level wages but are also the ones in which females are extremely underrepresented.

Due to various factors, many female individuals have never dreamed of pursuing a career that is not a traditional one. These factors might include never being encouraged to explore a more non-traditional occupation, the gender gap, and the glass ceiling.

For those who are unfamiliar with the terminology, the term the glass ceiling is used to describe the unreachable barrier that prevents women from advancing in their careers and climbing up the corporate ladder no matter their achievements and qualifications. The gender gap refers to the inequality of income between males and females who have the same jobs and qualifications.

Luckily, times are changing, now more than ever, and a growing number of women are venturing into non-traditional industries in search of higher-paying jobs and better opportunities. If you are unsure what it means, non-traditional female occupations are ones where about ¾ of industry professionals are male.

5

6

                 Fatma Kul-50.Yıl Secondary School

The students of 50. Yıl Secondary School interviewed some female workers at a gas station about their occupations.
Q1-Can we get to know you?
A1-My name is Mine,I am both studying remote education and working here
Q2-What exactly do you do?
A2-Fuel sales officer
Q3 – How many hours do you work a day?
A3-8 hours,
Q4-Are you satisfied with your job?
A4-Yes
Q5-What is your favorite part of your job
A5-Entertaining
Q6-What is the hardest part of your job?
A6- People
Q7-What is the reaction of the visitors? What do they do when they see a woman holding the pump?
A7- They appreciate, women are proud, but there are those who are surprised.
Q8-Have you ever had a funny experience?
A8-There are many people who disassemble the pump and take it away
Q9- What do your family and friends say?
A9- They are happy they are proud
Q10-How are you welcomed in society, isn’t it strange?
A10-People aren’t odd because it’s an unusual job for women.
Q11-What do you do first when you come to work?
A11-We have breakfast, wear our cards, put on our uniforms, and happily greet customers.
Q12-What was the biggest change you felt after taking this job?
A12-Confidence and self-confidence
Q13-What was your dream job?
A13-Was to be a cop
Q14-Would you advise other women to be in such a workplace?
A14-We recommend it, we love our profession
7

FRANCESCA POTENZA

MAJA-MATERDONA SECONDARY SCHOOL

MESAGNE- ITALY

 

The students of Maja-Materdona Secondary school interviewed two women, doing an unusual job;

a street-cleaner.

https://youtu.be/E-mirLf-Nc0

 

and a butcher:

 

https://youtu.be/A76zUVO8ImE

8

MARIA P. GOMEZ B.

CEIP MONTGO SCHOOL, DENIA (SPAIN)

YEAR 5 STUDENTS INTERVIEWED PORT OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR IN DENIA. THEY LEARNT ABOUT THIS WOMAN WORK AND LIFE, STUDENTS ASKED QUESTIONS AND REFLECTED ABOUT GENDER EQUALITY AND OPPORTUNITIES FOR WOMEN IN OUR CURRENT SOCIETY.

9
MARIA P. GOMEZ B. CEIP MONTGO SCHOOL

11

12
 Seçil Köklü Gülseven-Atatürk Secondary School,Manisa/Türkiye

The students of Atatürk Secondary School interviewed  a woman who has a pastry shop about her occupation.

Q1 -Can you briefly introduce  yourself to us?

-My name is Çiçek Savaş. I was born on 1th of june 1986. I graduated from high school. Then after ears I started a university now,I am currently studying at university. I am a first year student of the religious studies. I have 3 children. I am an ownerof Acıbadem pastry .

Q2- What is your profession and what is the hardest part?

-I can’t say that I have a certain profession, but I tried to do the best of whatever life brought me. Because I love working and reading books, When I got married and had children I didn’t finish my school.I returned to the faculty and studing. Then I started my own  business and I have a pastry shop. I am currently busy working in my pastry shop. The hardest thing for me is time because I don’t have certain time at work.I start working very early in the morning till the night.

Q3 -Can you tell me an unforgettable moment while doing this job?

-One day  “A man came to our pasty shop, he could not buy a cake for his child because he did not have money, and the man cried. This made us very sad.”I have never forget that moment from now on when somebody enters my shop in deed ,I try to help them.

Q4-  What are the difficulties in your job as a woman?

-When somebody  puts her  life in a schedule, there is nothing a woman can’t do, but with my private life, this process is tiring. My life has changed a lot since I started my own business. Since I am at the patisserie from 6:30 in the morning until 12:00 p.m at night every day,It is very tiring .During the day I also have to take care of my children .Sometimes it is very hard to do all of them .Thanks my husband that he is very helpful we share the tasks.

Q5 -Can you briefly tell about your family?

-I am Çiçek Savaş. I am 36 years old. I have been married for 12 years. I have 3 daughters, the eldest is 12, the middle is 9, the youngest is 4 years old.

Q6 – What are the most liked and sold products in the patisserie?

Pizza,eclairs,bomb sweet.Especially Bomb sweet is the most liked ona among the teenagers.

Q7- How many people do you employ in the bakery?

  • 12 People

Q8 – Also, is it difficult to do this job as a woman?

-Yes of course,at the begining some  of my relatives said Why are you working ?stop don’t work and stay at home grow up your children. But I never give up working as a woman .Yes it is difficult to di both of them together  butI like working and take care of my children .My husband is very helpful we share our tasks.

 

13

CEIP BILINGÜE CIUDAD DE MÉRIDA (SPAIN)

The students of the CEIP Bilingüe Ciudad de Mérida have been lucky enough to have had the good fortune to have Eva Jabón, mother of our school.

Thanks to Eva we learnt:

💝 The importance of practising sports and that they should accompany us throughout our lives.

💝 It doesn’t matter whether we get medals or not.

💝 We must overcome our fears, believe in ourselves, and fight for what we want.

14
VALUES4ALL by valuesforall - Ourboox.com

CEIP BILINGÜE CIUDAD DE MÉRIDA (SPAIN)

We share with you the video-presentation of our wonderful speaker (subtitles in English):

16

CEIP BILINGÜE CIUDAD DE MÉRIDA (SPAIN)

And with this video you can see how we enjoyed the experience in the different primary classes (subtitles in English):

 

17

CEIP BILINGÜE CIUDAD DE MÉRIDA (SPAIN)

Our 5th and 6th grade students and teachers were lucky enough to interview Teresa Tirado Dotor, canoeist since she was 8 years old in the Luxtanam Club of Mérida, champion of the JUDEX and Extremadura; multiple gold, silver and bronze medals in all categories, from infant to the current senior (SUB-23).

It was a very enriching presentation for our students in which we reflected on this sport from a focus on equality.

18
Poster of the activity

CEIP BILINGÜE CIUDAD DE MÉRIDA (SPAIN)

Presentation

20
VALUES4ALL by valuesforall - Ourboox.com

 

Marina  Artero is a very famous and good football player from Barrika, she studies at Azkorri school. She travels a lot so it has been so difficult for us to get her to our class. However, she has answered some questions:

 

  • Is it difficult to cope with the team and the school?
  • It is not easy but I think that if you organise yourself well and you really want to do it, you can. Even if I have to travel a lot when there are international competitions, apart from playing in my local team, teachers at school really make it easy for me. They change the exams dates for me and explain me what I don’t understand when I am back at school.
  • You are a great example for all of us.  Do you think women football deserves the same attention as men’s one?
  • I don’t think I am an example, that would mean that women playing football are special and it shouldn’t be like that. My team has shown that we have great women playing football, in some occasions our team has achieved better results that men’s team. However it is tr ue that professional football players, if men, have a better life and more opportunities.
22
VALUES4ALL by valuesforall - Ourboox.com

Pilar Garrido Díaz

CEIP “Suárez Somonte”, Mérida, Spain

 

Students of 5th grade interview important woman, an engineer in a village near Mérida. We thanked Ruth for her time and enthusiasm.

https://youtu.be/SzAfU3G0jZc

 

24

An interview with a bus driver – Mrs Dorota in Bydgoszcz, POLAND.

The interview was conducted by Aleksandra Wozińska – a first grader in Trzecie Liceum Ogólnokształcące of Adam Mickiewicz in Bydgoszcz, POLAND.

 

 

Summary of the interview „A woman who does a male job”

1. Ms Dorota chose the work as a bus driver because it has always been her dream,

2. Even though she worked as a teacher for many years, Ms Dorota always had her dream stuck in her head,

3. she never really treated her job as a duty, but more like another way to have fun with herself,

4. everyone is treated equally in every aspect: salary, exams (theoretical and practical) etc.,

5. The number of women who work as bus drivers is close to that of men.

 

 

 

26

 

Gayane Mayilyan/Vedi N2 Basic school /Armenia

Students interview by English teacher .

question: Do you like your job?

answer :Yes i like .

question :Why?

answer : Beacause i think it is necessary .

question :Can you support your family with your job?

answer:Yes i can.

https://youtube.com/shorts/ZnHHRV7pg5g?feature=share

 

 

 

27

Pia Chiapella

IC Venasca-Costigliole, Italy

the students of the secondary school in Sampeyre (Class 3^) interviewed a young woman of the valley who is studying and working at the faculty of “Sustainable development and Climate Change – Diversity and cooperation” at the University of Padova.

From Ghita we learnt:

  • how studying and learning is so important
  • how travelling and meeting new cultures open your mind and way of thinking
  • how we can change the world if only we get involved and take a challenge!
28

Enjoy our interview with Ghita!

29
VALUES4ALL by valuesforall - Ourboox.com

Fátima Taveira, Escola Secundária Almeida Garrett – PORTUGAL

 

Vera Teixeira is a firefighter. As she couldn’t enlist in the Army, she decided to be a firefighter, another way of wearing a uniform for her country and helping people.
She told us she doesn’t feel discriminated against by her colleagues or chiefs because she is a woman, but rather by the civilians, who tend to think that a woman firefighter
isn’t as capable as a man!
Watch the full interview to find out more…

31

32

 

NECLA YİĞİT

TİCARET VE SANAYİ ODASI SECONDARY SCHOOL

 

          My students interviewed with Dilek D. She is a mechanic. She also produces poliester windbreakers for lorries. She is the only person who does it in our city. So she is very busy with her job.

      She loves her job. It is a very difficult and tiring job because she goes her home for only sleeping. She works between 8 a.m and 9 p.m. However, she doesn’t complain about her job. She is eager for it.

 

My students’ interview with Dilek.

Q1-Can you introduce yourself?

A-My name is Dilek Devirgen. I’m 41 years old. I live in Salihli and I have two sons.

Q2-What exactlly do you do and how long have you been doing it?

A-I have been producing poliester windbreakers for lorries for 15 years.

Q3-How many hours do you work in a day?

A-12 hours

Q4-Are you satisfied with your work?

A-For sure

Q5-What is your favourite part of your job?

A-I love everything about it.

Q6-What is hardest part of your job?

A-Nothing.

Q7-What is the reaction of people who come to your workplace?

A-They are surprised.

Q8-Have you had a funny incident?

A-No

Q9-What are your relatives’ opinions?

A-They support but my mother does not.

Q10-Has anybody judged you?

A-No.They support me.

Q11-What do you do as first when you come to work?

A-I prepare breakfast and we have it with my family.

Q12-What kind of training did you receive to work in this job?

A-I didn’t get any professional training. My husband helped me.

Q13-Do you recommend other women to work in such a job?

A-Some women tried it but they failed.

Q14-What was your dream job

A-It was being farmer but I love my job now.

33

 

NECLA YİĞİT

TİCARET VE SANAYİ ODASI SECONDARY SCHOOL

<a href=”http://” data-mce-href=”http://“>http://<iframe width=”334″ height=”594″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/nvq90Uf1N6Q” title=”interview with Dilek” frameborder=”0″ allow=”accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share” allowfullscreen></iframe>

34
VALUES4ALL by valuesforall - Ourboox.com

 

An interview with a tram driver – by Agata Pikul – Trzecie Liceum Ogólnokształcące of Adam Mickieiwcz, in Bydgoszcz, Poland

 

 

 

Because of job gender assignment women are often underaged in their
profession, and that’s why some of you’d be curious about the perspective of a
woman doing such a job. And my aunt is a firewoman so I decided to ask her a
few questions related to this issue.
First I asked her if it had been hard to get that job. And she responded that it
hadn’t been easy to get that job and she needed to have a certain aptitude to
do that profession. She said that firefighters should be in good physical
condition and meet psychological requirements. She had to pass a physical
fitness test and got a doctor’s recommendation that she could work in the fire
department. Then I asked her why she’d chosen that job, and she said that her
dream had been to work in the uniform service, and at first she was thinking
about joining the army but her plans changed. Then she chose to study at the
main school of fire service. I also wanted to know how many women do that
job. And she answered that over 29,000 men do that job and just over 1.2
a thousand women, which made up this is about 4%. She told me that she had
been working at a school where she trains cadets to become firefighters. She
added that several women are working with her but in different positions, and
she’s the only female firefighting instructor. Finally, I asked her if people were
surprised that she was a firefighter. And I got to know that people are astonished
because they associated this occupation with well-built men, and she’s a petite
woman. But thankfully it’s not appearance those counts, but what she does.
Those were all of my questions, I’m glad that my aunt agreed to do this little
interview. People should be aware that firewomen exist.

36

FULYA AYAS-TRAKYA ANATOLIA İMAM HATİP HIGH SCHOOL-Tekirdağ/Türkiye

We had an interview with a woman driver instructor with my students.

37

Fulya AYAS – TRAKYA ANATOLIA İMAM HATİP HIGH SCHOOL – Tekirdağ/Türkiye

My students brainstormed as a group and write the questions that they are curious about most. After that Mehlika made the interview with the driver instructor.

 

  • What is your name?

 

My name is Semin Duban .

 

  • How many years have you been a driver instructor?

 

I have been doing this job for about 12 years.

 

  • How did you decide to take up this profession?

 

I love driving a lot, so I thought I could do this field, so I decided to try it. When I started doing this job, I enjoyed it and continued on my way.

 

  • Are there any difficult aspects of driving instructor training? If so, what are they?

 

There is definitely. For example, in one of my trainings, the car broke down while on the road. In such a situation, men’s reflexes are better. After all, you’re stuck with a broken down car in the middle of the road and need to make a quick decision. In this respect, the work of women is a little more difficult.

 

  • Did you come across an interesting incident while teaching?

 

Of course. For example, I have given 12 truck licenses. In this case, being on the track even during the park is an interesting experience for a woman.

 

  • Are the numbers of men and women close to each other when they are driving instructors?

 

It’s definitely not close. If we set a ratio, I can say 5 men to 1 woman.

 

  • Considering that almost all of the truck and truck drivers are male, how does it feel to train them?

 

It’s a really tough feeling. First, they need to respect you and they need to believe in you. They are very surprised anyway. They say that if we fall, you cannot lift it, especially while giving motorcycle driving training.

 

  • What is your favorite part of this job?

 

My favorite part is that it’s interesting and it’s a really nice feeling to have succeeded.

 

  • Why do you think women prefer driving instructors less?

 

I think it is known as an area where male dominance is high. Therefore, it may be less preferred.

 

  • What should be done to see more women in different occupational groups?

 

I think first of all, women need to trust themselves, for this, women need to attach great importance to their own education.

 

38

NURCAN SAĞLAM -HUZURKENT ATATÜRK SECONDARY SCHOOL

My project team members Hasibe and Zeynep interviewed with a succesful  woman  truck driver ,Filiz İnce.Filiz İnce, who is a long-distance and truck driver , said, “There is nothing that women cannot do, as long as we ask for it.”
Indicating that he decided to start this job in spite of those who say, “Can a woman be a long-distance driver?” Ince said, “My aim in being a truck driver is to show that it is possible to go beyond the duties labeled by men to women. I am a truck driver to let you know that the job is not the gender, but the morality and order,” and explained how he started his long-distance driver career.
İnce said, “The reason why I took to the roads was my enthusiasm for trucks and driving since I was a child.”
Stating that she first started working as a bus captain in Mersin Metropolitan Municipality, Filiz İnce said, “When I started working as a bus captain in Mersin Metropolitan Municipality, I got a lot of reactions. I have always encountered not only backlash but also the support of women. Those who pressed me not to interfere with men’s business with the dough of their hands made me gather my courage. So I decided to move my business between cities. I started as a long distance driver in a private company. After my other driver friends said that you have no job at the wheel, I left after having an argument. After the discussion, I decided to get on the truck,” he said.

39

 

 

HUZURKENT ATATÜRK SECONDARY SCHOOL,NURCAN SAĞLAM

40
VALUES4ALL by valuesforall - Ourboox.com
VALUES4ALL by valuesforall - Ourboox.com

NURCAN SAĞLAM HUZURKENT ATATÜRK SECONDARY SCHOOL

My 8th grade student Aysu interviewed with a succesful woman in Huzurkent.She runs her own business in this small village.She is a boutique owner and sells clothes for every kind of person.She has been working for about ten years and she has some difficulties while working.

43

NURCAN SAĞLAM HUZURKENT ATATÜRK SECONDARY SCHOOL

AYSU INTERVIEWED WITH A SUCCESFUL BOUTIQUE OWNER IN A SMALL VILLAGE

 

 

44

 

Students ,7.th grade from Severin na Kupi, Primary school I.G.Kovačića Vrbovsko

 

https://www.canva.com/design/DAFkUBlczDI/fKXIhMB33CzmxvNn4LM6XA/edit?utm_content=DAFkUBlczDI&utm_campaign=designshare&utm_medium=link2&utm_source=sharebutton

45

Manel Boualia. El Manar Prep School Kairouan , Tunisia .

My students interviewed the school printer assistant Rayda Belakhdhar.

46

Anna Maria Paiano  “Principe di Piemonte” Secondary School – Maglie, Italy

 

Students at “Principe di Piemonte” Secondary School interviewed a famous woman doing an unusual job, Roberta Lala, National Fire and Rescue Service Manager.

It was a very interesting meeting because the students could learn a lot about the life and job of this female engineer. She talked to them about the difficulties and prejudice she had to overcome to get her current job position, but she also encouraged them to fight, study and never give up in order to make their dreams come true.

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrdZtwTFLbg

 

47

Nusreta Murtič, Primary school Ivana Gorana Kovačića Vrbovsko, Croatia.

 

 

This is an interview with a stewardess Emina savić from Croatia Airlines

https://www.canva.com/design/DAFkUBlczDI/view

 

48

Erkam GÜNEŞ – 50.Yıl Secondary School

 

Our students interviewed the lady who runs the canteen of our school about her profession.

49
VALUES4ALL by valuesforall - Ourboox.com
VALUES4ALL by valuesforall - Ourboox.com

Ágnes Szilárd, Mgr.
ZŠ s VJM – Alapiskola
Eötvösova 39. Komárno 94501 Slovensko

Early Beginnings and Education: Born in Venezuela to Hungarian parents in 1948, her family immigrated to Venezuela from post-war Europe. Growing up in Venezuela, she pursued a career in engineering.

 

-What’s your favorite thing to do in your free time? Answer: “In my free time, I love traveling. It allows me to explore new cultures, connect with different people, and gain fresh perspectives.”

 

-Did you like working as an electrical engineer? Answer: “Absolutely! I enjoyed the challenges and the opportunity. However, I later discovered my true passion when I transitioned into the role of an oil market analyst.”

 

Venturing Abroad: She wanted to get a Master’s degree, so she applied and received a scholarship to study in Los Angeles.

 

-If you hadn’t been an engineer, what would you have done for a living? Answer: “It’s hard to say for sure, but I’ve always been fascinated by the world of finance and economics. I may have ventured into the realm of finance or become an economist.”

 

Challenges and Opportunities in the USA: She made a daring move to the United States, guided by her father’s wisdom that taking risks paves the way for a better future. With her young son in tow, she embarked on a new chapter, driven by her unwavering determination and expertise in the field. Although faced with initial uncertainty, her undeniable talent and a fortuitous encounter with a former boss opened doors to an opportunity in New York City as an oil market analyst.

 

-Did you find moving to the USA hard? Answer: “Moving to the USA was certainly a challenge. However, as my father told me many times, you have to be willing to take risks if you want a better future for the next generations.”

 

-Do you believe in gender equality? Answer: “Absolutely. It may surprise you, but even though Latin America is viewed as a region where there is a lot of machismo, men and women had the same professional opportunities. Engineers, doctors, lawyers, professors, the country needed as many as possible, so it was easy to find a job, both for women and for men, and we received the same salary as the men.”

 

-Did you experience gender inequality in the USA? Answer: ” I was very surprised to see that in the US, men and women were not treated equally. A woman’s salary in general was lower than a man’s salary doing the same job, although I think that has improved a lot in the last couple of years.”

 

She experienced difficulties in her career, including losing jobs and dealing with uncertainty. But she never gave up. She took risks, and kept learning, which helped her grow both personally and professionally.

 

Looking to the future, she sees the next decade as a time for continued growth. With her knowledge, connections, and passion for making a difference, she aims to create a better future for herself and others.

52

Zübeyde DEMİRBAŞ Mahmut Celaleddin Ökten Anatolian İmam Hatip High School

Among the “occupations with the perception that women cannot do these professions”, the military profession, in particular Women from the personnel of the Gendarmerie commands, were examined. Professions that will be done with interest and love are the goals of people. When choosing a profession, it is necessary to make a decision with careful consideration. This month, in our project, we are investigating the fields of work where women are moved and surprised when they are seen in that profession. We conducted our interview with Gendarmerie Petty Officer Demet T. and Petty Officer Fatmagül Y. from the Ortahisar gendarmerie command “Being a Gendarme as a woman” with our students involved in the project and our project manager, Zübeyde DEMİRBAŞ.

 

-Can we get to know you?

-I am Pelitli Gendarmerie Demet Y.

-How many hours a day do you work?

-Even though our normal working hours seem to be 8-5, a gendarme must be ready for duty 24/7.

-Are you satisfied with your job?

-Yes, I entered the profession lovingly and willingly.

-What are your favorite parts of your job?

It feels good to know that I am in a position to help people.

-What is the hardest part of your job?

-We don’t have a rest time. We are on duty on the days when people normally have a holiday, such as April 23, May 1, Eid al-Fitr. For example, if there is a phone call while there are guests in our house, we have to leave the guests and come to work.

-Can you tell us about your interesting memories about your job?

-People think that the events in detective series can really happen. For example, in reality, it is impossible to pinpoint a place, we are told a certain area and we have to search the whole area, but in detective serials, there can be pinpoint things like that apartment of that apartment and sometimes people who come can give reactions like they find it in the series, why can’t you find it.

-What was the reaction of your family and friends after you chose this profession?

-I got questions like are you sure or can you do it, but they supported me and from time to time they call and ask questions about my job.

What was the biggest change you felt in yourself after getting the job?

I realized that now that I have grown up, I am responsible not only for myself but also for other people. Our students also talked about the activities of our project and introduced our project. Our students, who benefited from this interview event, expressed their happiness and satisfaction for taking part in such a project.

https://mcoktenaihl.meb.k12.tr/icerikler/vlues-4-all-etwinning-projemizde-bu-ay_13849638.html

 

53
VALUES4ALL by valuesforall - Ourboox.com

Ágnes Szilárd, Mgr.
ZŠ s VJM – Alapiskola
Eötvösova 39. Komárno 94501 Slovensko

Interview number 2

Our second interviewee was Dóra Szűcs, CEO of Okos Doboz Kft.

First she visited our school and showed the website www.okosdoboz.hu, later we interviewed her on Zoom in English.

We asked her many questions as she has an fascinating life path at a very young age.

 

What is your profession?

-Teacher, economist, journalist, mother of 3 children.

 

Who was the most interesting person you interviewed?

-I had the opportunity to interview Michail Sergejevič Gorbačov.

 

How did you start your career?

-I started my career in environmental communication and was an advisor to the US Ambassador.

 

When did you start Okos Doboz?

-In 2009, as project director of egyszervolt.hu, I developed environmental education and educational programmes.

 

What was your purpose with Okos Doboz? What inspired you to create it?

-To show children something new and different about the beauty of learning and knowledge in a way that children can enjoy, where they can learn through play.

We know that you created OD with your husband, but was there anyone elso who helped in it?

– Several teachers, school psychologists, paediatricians, general practitioners, physical education teachers, pedagogical, vocational and language teachers – on average 15-20 professionals – work on a given topic. In recent years, I have worked with 150-200 teachers, plus 30-40 graphic designers, animators and IT specialists, working in close coordination to produce the videos and worksheets.

 

When you started the Okos Doboz project, would you have thought how successful it could be?

-No, I hadn’t thought it would be successful, therefore I was really happy when I realized how famous it became.

 

Why did you return to Komárom from the USA?

-I returned because my family lived there and I’d missed them.

 

Were you a good student at school?

– I wasn’t among the best. However, I’ve always tried to live my life and work according to my father’s advise that we should do something useful for the society.

 

What’s next?

-To expand overseas

55
VALUES4ALL by valuesforall - Ourboox.com
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Ad Remove Ads [X]
Skip to content