what is a meaningfull day

by ofir kandler

Artwork: ofir .k. and agat .e.

This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

what is a meaningfull day

by

Artwork: ofir .k. and agat .e.

  • Joined Dec 2022
  • Published Books 1

I upreshet the opportunity to elaborate on what a meaningful day is.

Altho this might sound like a philosophical question.

in my opinion, this is probably the most subjective and personal question on earth. I assume that there won’t be two people answering this question the same way.

Altho I view this question as important I must be honest I do not recall the last time I reflected on my day. When I was younger as a student in middle school we were asked to single out a unique experience that left us with a meaningful memory I can picture myself standing in front of my class and sharing with them the joy I had from eating ice cream on a sunny day in the park accompanied by several of my friends. is that meaningful?

Does that experience have an ongoing impact on my life? in the next few paragraphs, I will be sharing my thoughts on what is a meaningful day for me.

 

2

I’ve always heard the same old quotes:

“live your day to the fullest”, “make every day count” or “live like is your last day”

It is difficult to be inspired by these words when you don’t know what they mean.

For some, it can be a day full of activities, a day to organize the house, or just a day to rest and relax on the sofa and watch a movie or five.

A meaningful day should be a day that leaves you feeling good and satisfied with your decisions.

I do believe that accomplishing your goals during the day is what makes it meaningful and special.

3

If I compare my different holidays I can say with confidence that a day of watching movies is not what I would consider a meaningful day.

But a day of studying and taking care of my baby nephew plus doing some chores around the house leaves me feeling like I have accomplished something.

Not wanting to feel like I have wasted another day is what drives me to do these tasks and plan for the next day.

4

A meaningful day to me is one where I feel like I have done what I proposed to myself beforehand. When I had tasks in mind I wanted to achieve- and successfully achieved them. It gives me a feeling of satisfaction. Every day I try my best to end with a feeling of happiness. That I am happy with what I have done with my time, and with the actions I chose to take.

5

I believe a meaningful day is when you feel like you did your best. Where you actually know that in everything you accomplished- you put in the most effort that you could at that given moment. Then, this way even if you have not reached any big goals- at least you know you worked towards them. Which is meaningful too in my opinion,and is enough on some days.

 

Generally, every day to me is meaningful. Every day has a purpose even if we don’t know it. I don’t think that in life every single second should be spent searching for meaning. We could just live and let things happen with humbleness. Although I do believe there is importance in finding meaning as much as possible. But not forcing It- find it with balance, calmly. As a religious person, I believe that our existence in this world is meaningful. And sometimes- knowing this is enough to live a meaningful life.

6

The poem “Count the Day Lost” suggests the idea that you must do some type of good deed towards someone every day- otherwise, your day doesn’t count and isn’t meaningful. I partially agree with this idea. I think that your day will feel a lot more meaningful if you do so. And as humans, we should be trying our best to do good to others when we can, and are able. But I do not think we should be dependent on good deeds. Meaning can come in many shapes and forms- and this is one of them.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“When was the last time you did something for someone?”

7
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Ad Remove Ads [X]
Skip to content