What You Need To Know About The Addiction Rehab Process by Jilli Rose - Ourboox.com
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

What You Need To Know About The Addiction Rehab Process

  • Joined Mar 2019
  • Published Books 12

Too many addicts of alcohol and drugs, rehab may be considered to be the last resort and often despised resort, as it shows signs of mental weakness and inability to change their lifestyle for the better. However, with the change in attitude towards addicts in the society of today, there really is nothing to be ashamed if one is to opt for an addiction rehab programme. It showcases bravery to get rid of bad habits and start fresh. However, it is still important to choose the right rehab treatment and know what to expect, so as to make your recovery a success.

 

At The Intake Stage

 

This is a very crucial stage, as this is where the addict looks into many a drug rehab & alcohol treatment center. This is in order to ascertain what exact treatment is necessary to rid him/herself from addiction. Here, the rehab institution itself would subject the patient to undergo certain tests and be diagnosed accordingly. Moreover, questions, such as the severity of the addiction and what steps have been taken to control addiction will be asked. Although the institution will do its part in satisfying your needs to control addiction, it is unto the patient that ultimately decides whether or not the programme is right. It is important that you are always comfortable with the programme you have selected and you are treated respectfully, which are major factors that lead to sobriety.

 

At Detoxification

 

Detoxification, simply put, is the purifying of the body from all the drugs and alcohol that you were once addicted to. Most often than not, institutions would administer certain drugs to help the detoxification of the body. As a result of the lack of drugs or alcohol, your body may go into a state of withdrawal, whereby you become desperate to do something to soothe the uncomfortable feeling. Institutions often administer various medicines to help battle these withdrawal symptoms, so as to make patients become more responsive to the rehab programme.

 

Rehab

 

Rehabilitation is the phase where patients, who are now detoxed, would start identifying what really went wrong with substances and alcohol. This is normally done in three therapeutic ways; individual therapy, group therapy and family therapy. Here, patients are driven into finding what the root cause was to their addictions and abusing of drugs and alcohol. Furthermore, solutions are taught to patients, so as to keep themselves occupied and not fall into any sort of relapse.

 

Recovery

 

The recovery stage of the addiction rehab process generally differs from one another, as the road to recovery for some may be quite easy, but can be quite difficult for some. This is because there may be instances where relapse and temptations could trigger another episode of abuse and addiction. Therefore, it is important that post-rehab sessions are followed on, so as to make your recovery absolute. Recovery can be a lifelong process or just a matter of months; it all depends on how you have responded to treatment and how eager you are to re-join society.

Rehabilitation is something that should be seriously considered by anyone who feels they are undergoing abuse and addiction to alcohol and drugs. By undergoing the right rehab treatment, you are guaranteed to walk out with a new purpose in life.

2
3
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Ad Remove Ads [X]
Skip to content