WHEN THEIR HEART BEAT IN SAME PACE by Jhimly Chakrabarty - Ourboox.com
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

WHEN THEIR HEART BEAT IN SAME PACE

Jhimly Chakrabarty , Pen name * Jhimly*Jolly, is a bilingual Writer. She is a poet, Author and Editor. She has Read More
  • Joined Mar 2018
  • Published Books 7

Besieged by the town, and derailed due to the matters of heart, they chose to move ahead to the city. There in the city, the day was a tug between dazzle and callous returns, which fell over as harshly as the scorching sun. The malls had fountains of sparkling clear water, the restaurants more food to waste, the night-cream of a lady consisted of more fruits to smear on her pimpled face, but nothing to offer to the poor.

2

He ran from post to polls, taking accountability in his hands, for now he was no more alone, but with a life, which he prized more than his. He couldn’t see her being handed over to a man thrice her age. She knew no other alternatives, for her heart made the choice. Walking hand in hand with  him, was all she could envisage.

3

The night, they thought would bring some relief, until their body began to collapse and hunger was shut down by some dripping water from the tap, that quenched more than their thirst. Finding no refuge to take a nap, they managed to snuggle in a street corner that was already occupied and crowded. Her legs were hurting and her feet had soars, with no ointment to apply, she held her pain sealed tight, trying hard not to express, but he could see it all. The fear of discomfort and a bleak future, tomorrow was in immediate question.

4

He placed his arms around her and said, I am sorry dear, you would have been in far better state in your home, than what you are facing here with me, as his tears  cascaded relentless. She, looked at him and smiled, as it popped out of her unruly hair over her flowery face. Wiping his tears she said, ‘Yes, my dream-castle crashed and fell to pieces, my bridal gown tattered within my mind, but I found a priceless treasure that needs no vault, I have your heart to cherish for life.
*Jhimly (Jolly)

5
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Ad Remove Ads [X]
Skip to content