While My Guitar Gently Weeps by Aya - Illustrated by Aya Ben Naftali - Ourboox.com
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

While My Guitar Gently Weeps

by

Artwork: Aya Ben Naftali

  • Joined Jun 2021
  • Published Books 2

This song is one of the most famous Beatles song.

Written by George Harrison, the song was released in 1968,

as a part of one of the band’s more important albums-

“The Beatles”, also known as “The White Album”.

Throught ten years of being a member of the band, Harrison visited India a few time and become more and more spiritual.

In his words, he wanted to express his feelings about how he thinks the world can do better when it comes to positive things, such as love and growth.

2

3

Having randomly picking the words “gently weeps”, he started writing the song.

One of the things that I could point while learning about the Beatles as a teenager, is how much his writting had changed throught the years and the confident he could still gain while being shadowed by Lennon and McCartney.

 

Recording started in summer 68′. The album version was  actually not the first one to be recoreded. Harrison recoreded a few other versions, but wasn’t happy with any of them.

Harrison asked fellow musician Eric Clapton to join the band for the process and play the lead guitar for the song.

Clapton’s part became one of the most famous guitar solos in history. Later on, he sang this song during “Concert For George”, a tribute to Harrison, who passed away in 2001.

4

5

6

7

The song became a smash hit and is considered to be one of the most important Harrinson’s contribution to the band.

20 years after his death, his music is still important and relevant and Many artist later performed the song, such as Regina spector and The Jeff Healy Band.

 

As an avid Beatles fan, I always considered George to be my favorite Beatle, hence why I chose to write this E Book about one of his songs. While I love all their songs, this one was one of the first to catch my ear.

 

8

9

10
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Ad Remove Ads [X]
Skip to content