Why Do We Write Essays by Marcel Green - Ourboox.com
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Why Do We Write Essays

  • Joined Feb 2021
  • Published Books 9

Let me guess. You’re here because you want answers to the following questions:

  • What is the purpose of essays?
  • Why do students write essays?
  • Why do we write essays in college?
  • Why is writing so important?
  • What are the benefits of writing?

You’re on the right page. Although it’s one of the most feared tasks by students, essay writing is one of the most important skills in one’s personal and professional life.
In this article, you’re going to discover 6 reasons why essay writing is important at school or college.

So if you think your professors are wasting your time asking you to write essays, keep reading to learn why.

 

 

 

 

 

2

Essays Help Us Gain Research Skills

A survey conducted by EduBirdie where over 100,000 thousand students participated shows that essay writing helps to make students better researchers. This is especially true given that the essay writing process involves a lot of research, analysis of different sources of information, and note-taking.
To produce an excellent essay, students need to conduct thorough research on a given topic. By so doing, they gain useful research skills that are essential in today’s digital era.
See, the internet is awash with information but not all is accurate or correct. Essay writing teaches you how to use trustworthy sources to find relevant information, analyze and verify it before using it.

3

Essays Improve Communication Skills

Communication- whether oral or non-verbal is an important skill in one’s personal and professional life. Essay writing teaches students the rules of the English language and how they can organize their ideas to make a coherent paper. Through writing, students can improve their spelling, grammar, punctuation, and more.

4

Essays Help to Gain Persuasive Skills

Granted, your idea may be rejected no matter how great it is. This happens both in the business, professional and personal life. This is where persuasive skills come into play. If you can persuade investors that your idea is valid and valuable, if you can’t persuade business partners that your idea is profitable, the business world is going to treat you harshly.
Thankfully, essay writing teaches you how to write persuasively through persuasive essays thus you gain convincing skills that can help you in different aspects of life.

5

Improves Your Creativity and Imagination Levels

According to science, humans are naturally creative. During essay writing, certain areas of the brain are activated, particularly the ‘frontal cortex’- the part of the brain that triggers creativity in us. The more essays you write, the more the brain is improved to spark the creativity that you could apply to solve real-world problems and challenges.

6

Improves Your Creativity and Imagination Levels

According to science, humans are naturally creative. During essay writing, certain areas of the brain are activated, particularly the ‘frontal cortex’- the part of the brain that triggers creativity in us. The more essays you write, the more the brain is improved to spark the creativity that you could apply to solve real-world problems and challenges.

7

Essay Writing is Vital for Academic Success

No matter how you hate essays, you cannot achieve academic success without them. In other words, you can’t separate essay writing from academics. That’s why it’s identified as one of the requirements students must meet to earn high grades and in the end, get a good degree.

8
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Ad Remove Ads [X]
Skip to content