Windy City by Jarecsy Vega - Illustrated by Jarecsy Vega - Ourboox.com
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Windy City

by

Artwork: Jarecsy Vega

  • Joined Jun 2016
  • Published Books 1
Windy City by Jarecsy Vega - Illustrated by Jarecsy Vega - Ourboox.com

As I grew up with a single mother that was always working, we were not able to take family trips or vacations. Therefore, I always thought to myself “Once I am in college I want to explore more to see what life has.” Little did I know when those college days came I was invited to take a trip. A trip that I would end up being completely excited to take with friends.

 

Finally, after months of planning this trip the day became closer and closer.

 

On February 17, we said “HERE WE GO! Off to the Windy City”

3
Windy City by Jarecsy Vega - Illustrated by Jarecsy Vega - Ourboox.com

The first day we arrived to Chicago, Illinois, we decided we should have some “breakfast” at Giordano’s Pizzera. (slice shown on the top left) This pizza was amazing! It could not be compared to the pizza we have around here. Next time I visit this will be the first place I will go to eat at, especially because of the great service they have.

 

As well as other meals I got to eat that I wouldn’t normally eat back in Nebraska. I got to eat sticky rice for the first time, they say there is a first time for everything. It was better than I expected!

5
Windy City by Jarecsy Vega - Illustrated by Jarecsy Vega - Ourboox.com

During this trip, I got to visit the Art Institute of Chicago, which was quite interesting. There were many rooms of different types of art as well as clothing that Native Americans made by hand. My favorite was “Thorne Miniature Rooms” because it was very detailed and realistic. This institute has over 300,000 works of art.

 

To learn more about visiting:

http://www.artic.edu/

To learn more about the institute:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iVp_Rntfqs

7
Windy City by Jarecsy Vega - Illustrated by Jarecsy Vega - Ourboox.com

Have you ever wondered where “The Bean” was, when shown on the movies? (shown on the top, right) Well it is located here, in Chi-Town as they call it. I visited the Bean at night while there were people ice skating. Unfortunately, I did not skate because I don’t know how to. My advice is to try anything at least once, nothing is impossible.

9
Windy City by Jarecsy Vega - Illustrated by Jarecsy Vega - Ourboox.com

Last but not least, the Willis Tower!

 

This tower can be seen from Michigan, Indiana and Wisconsin. It is over 800 feet taller than the highest point in the state. It is often referred as the Sears Tower it has 108 floors, which is 1,451 feet.

 

I, on the bottom right picture, sat on the glass room that stands out from the highest floor. Yes, I was a bit afraid to walk in there but afterwards it was pretty amazing to know I wasn’t going to fall.

 

11

Will you dare to visit the windy city of Chicago? Let alone, stand out on the highest floor at the Willis Tower?

I dare you.

12
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Ad Remove Ads [X]
Skip to content