A Mysterious Letter by Mel Rosenberg - מל רוזנברג - Ourboox.com
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

A Mysterious Letter

After fruitful careers as a scientist and inventor I've gone back to what I love most - writing children's books Read More
  • Joined Oct 2013
  • Published Books 1550

“In several hours I shall be gone. My tickets are here in my purse with my passport. Do not look for me, it will only bring you harm. Not bodily harm, perhaps, but the kind that you feel when you are out in the frigid night with practically nothing on, and yet are consumed by an even greater pain. A greater fear.

2

You will continue to search for something that you cannot dare to possess. You will find a woman, the same height as me, perhaps the same hair and green eyes. You will lose yourself in her in the dark but be thinking of me. You will call my name. You will dream that you are following me down an alley. I turn right and am gone.

3

You will never cease thinking of me. You will walk through Washington Square where we first met. You will see children playing, but they are not our children. You will recall our last conversation and the smell of my hair when I rested my head on your shoulder. You will run to the coat in the closet but my scent will be gone.

4

I will mail this to you from the airport. Just as I am about to board the plane. Do not keep this letter. Do not try to look for me. I will rebuild my life. But you will never have one of your own.

5

We found the letter two weeks after we buried Mom. It was in her jewelry box. Was it a letter she had written to Dad (deceased long ago) and never sent? Then why would she have kept it all these years?

6

Six years have passed. I still wonder about it every day. Though I know the answer is nowhere to be found.

7
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Skip to content