A Place to Stay (in Rhodes) by Mel Rosenberg - מל רוזנברג - Ourboox.com
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

A Place to Stay (in Rhodes)

After fruitful careers as a scientist and inventor I've gone back to what I love most - writing children's books Read More
  • Joined Oct 2013
  • Published Books 1550

We are Rhodes lovers. Country Rhodes, city Rhodes. If there is such a thing as a Rhodes scholar for this island, then my wife is one. She comes here three or four times a year. We have stayed at practically every tourist establishment here. Some better, some worse.

And now, after many attempts, we have found our hotel: The Mediterranean.

2
A Place to Stay (in Rhodes) by Mel Rosenberg - מל רוזנברג - Ourboox.com

Perhaps it’s not for everyone. It’s not a classy hotel like the Sheraton here, the food isn’t as great as in the Grand Hotel, and there is no huge swiming pool like at the Rhodos Palace.

But for us it is almost perfect. For two reasons.

4
A Place to Stay (in Rhodes) by Mel Rosenberg - מל רוזנברג - Ourboox.com

The first is the view and location. The hotel is situated right next to the Casino (not that we gamble), in the most picturesque area of town. Five minutes walk along the beach to our favorite coffee place (Starbucks, sorry for being so mundane) and our evening entertainment (The Blue Lagoon), ten minutes to the new town shops and lovely old city.

The sea view is spectacular. Whatever you do, make sure you get a room with a sea view. If it costs more, pay. This is what you see in one direction.

6
A Place to Stay (in Rhodes) by Mel Rosenberg - מל רוזנברג - Ourboox.com

And this, in the other direction, a few hours earlier.

What did I tell you? You don’t want to miss the opportunity to sit out on the balcony and enjoy life.

As you can see, the beach is literally thirty meters from the hotel. Who needs a big pool?

8
A Place to Stay (in Rhodes) by Mel Rosenberg - מל רוזנברג - Ourboox.com

If you leave the hotel and take the very first right, twenty meters on you will see this convenience store. Ask for Maria. Buy bottled water (lots), wine/beer/ouzo, goodies and fruits in season. Much better to enjoy the view with some food and beverage (I leave the good company up to you).

10
A Place to Stay (in Rhodes) by Mel Rosenberg - מל רוזנברג - Ourboox.com

I must digress for just a moment. If the strawberries are in season, buy a box. They are locally grown, a throwback to the days when fruits were real fruits. The odor and taste are overwhelming.

12
A Place to Stay (in Rhodes) by Mel Rosenberg - מל רוזנברג - Ourboox.com

The second big plus of this hotel is service. Although the food is not great, the service in the dining hall is.

The folks at the front desk are kind and helpful. I promised Aris he would be in the book. He was so happy that he arranged a very late check out for us.

14
A Place to Stay (in Rhodes) by Mel Rosenberg - מל רוזנברג - Ourboox.com

The cleaning stafff are also kind and cheerful. The room is squeaky clean. I wonder what they give the employees of this hotel, they are always smiling.

Of course, there are downsides. They still use these things to open doors. With a big magnet that allows you to turn on the electricity only when you are in the room. Enterprising customers will know what to do. The internet in the lobby is slow, but fine for checking mail and sending small items (not good for that hi res video you took yesterday). As with many other hotels here, they still charge you to use internet in your room. Still.

But these are minor items. The hotel is great for our needs, and we’ll be back!!

16
A Place to Stay (in Rhodes) by Mel Rosenberg - מל רוזנברג - Ourboox.com

Thank you for reading my book!

If you like it, you might also want to read:

The Best Kept Secret in Athens

Read more about me and see ALL my books on Ourboox (I have many)

Or even better, create a book of your own!!!

Here is a tutorial to help you get started on your own voyage as an Ourboox contributor!  And finally, you can always write me at [email protected]

18
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Skip to content