How to Use Mouthwash Effectively by Mel Rosenberg by Mel Rosenberg - מל רוזנברג - Ourboox.com
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

How to Use Mouthwash Effectively by Mel Rosenberg

After fruitful careers as a scientist and inventor I've gone back to what I love most - writing children's books Read More
  • Joined Oct 2013
  • Published Books 1550

Hi, my name is Dr. Mel Rosenberg and I’ve spent most of the past 25 years trying to understand the causes of bad breath and how to go about treating it. Many people ask me about mouthrinses. Are they helpful?

The answer is they are very helpful if you use them properly. The best time to use any mouthrinse is at bedtime. That’s because during the night saliva hardly flows in the mouth. The bacteria thrive and they cause the terrible odors that cause us to wake up in the morning with ‘jungle mouth’ or ‘dragon mouth’. Rinsing at bedtime with a good antibacterial mouthwash is very helpful.

2

I must tell you, however, that it’s not enough to rinse the mouthwash in between your teeth and gums alone. That’s helpful, but that’s not the main way to use mouthrinse for breath. The main way is to gargle. That’s because most of the odor-causing bacteria lurk at the back of the tongue where they break down mucin, post-nasal drip and food remnants. Thus they cause odors during the night.

3

So, what you want to do is to fill about half a cap with an antibacterial mouthrinse, rinse in between your teeth and gums. Then you extend your tongue, tilt your head back, and gargle for fifteen to thirty seconds. Then you spit the mouthrinse out and go to bed. It’s also not good to use the mouthrinse directly after you use toothpaste. That’s because the toothpaste contains chemicals that can interfere with the action of the antibacterial agent in the mouthrinse.

4

Of course, being an inventor of a mouthrinse, I’m going to recommend the two-phase mouthrinse, which is sold in different bottles in different countries, and the advantage here is that you have an aqueous phase that has no alcohol. It doesn’t burn, you can rinse and gargle as much as you like. It also has an oil phase. When you shake the two phases you actually “activate” the oil droplets and then they are able to capture bacteria and debris that are removed from the mouth. When you spit it out into the sink, you can actually see the bacteria and debris in the sink, just having been removed from your oral cavity.

5

This is the first mouthwash in the world (that I know of) that actually allows you to see its activity while you use it. Remember, half a capfull, rinse and gargle right before bedtime. Sweet dreams, and sweet breath.

6

7

Thank you for reading my book! If you enjoyed it, you might also want to read

“How to Use a Tongue Cleaner”

http://www.ourboox.com/books/how-to-use-a-tongue-cleaner-2/

Read more about me and see ALL my books on Ourboox (I have many)

http://www.ourboox.com/community/drmel/

Or even better, create a book of your own!!!

www.ourboox.com

Here is a tutorial to help you get started on your own voyage in self-publishing on the Ourboox platform!!

http://www.ourboox.com/books/create-a-book-ourboox-video-tutorial/

And finally, you can always write me at

[email protected]

8
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Skip to content