Qfor2 is a word game invented by Mel Rosenberg that was never commercialized
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Qfor2 – A Dream That Didn’t Come True

by

Artwork: Alon Amit

After fruitful careers as a scientist and inventor I've gone back to what I love most - writing children's books Read More
  • Joined Oct 2013
  • Published Books 1550

I once invented a mouthwash that became very popular in the UK and other countries. I was very proud of myself. I thought that I was so very clever I could invent a whole bunch of other successful things. 

 

One of the things that I invented was a game called “Qfor2” (also known as “QforTwo”). 

2
Qfor2 – A Dream That Didn’t Come True by Mel Rosenberg - מל רוזנברג - Illustrated by Alon Amit - Ourboox.com

As a child, I loved to play Scrabble with my Mom and Dad. These games would take a great deal of time, and the board was hard to lug around. 

 

My brother loved to play Boggle. I never did. 

4
The original Scrabble game I used to play with my Mom and Dad

We also used to play a 5-letter word game called “Jotto”. Mom and Dad learned it from Rhoda. She said she would teach us the game “Rhoda taught us”. We thought the game was called “rodatotus”. It wasn’t. 

 

I wanted to create something even better than Scrabble, Boggle and Jotto. 

6
Qfor2 – A Dream That Didn’t Come True by Mel Rosenberg - מל רוזנברג - Illustrated by Alon Amit - Ourboox.com

So I came up with a game called Qfor2. It’s not complicated. There are 25 letters in the game, plus the Q. You put letters on the board, each making a word. If you use the Q, you win the game. If you compose a word from side to side, you win the game. If you finish all your letters before the opponent you win the game. 

 

Simple, and lots of fun, right?

8
Qfor2 – A Dream That Didn’t Come True by Mel Rosenberg - מל רוזנברג - Illustrated by Alon Amit - Ourboox.com

Rotem Omri made me a square board and beautiful letters. Alon Amit made me a lovely powerpoint presentation. 

 

I taught my kids to play Qfor2. They played whenever we went out anywhere. They seemed to love it. I was very excited! I purchased websites, and applied for a patent. 

10
Qfor2 is a word game invented by Mel Rosenberg that was never commercialized

I showed the game to Haim, my genius friend. He has invented many international games, including “Taki”. He is one smart guy. He told me the game was okay, but not good enough to become a commercial product. 

 

I was upset. “My children like playing it so much”, I told him. 

 

I went home and confronted my children. They finally told me the truth. 

 

 

12
The original Scrabble game I used to play with my Mom and Dad

“Daddy”, they told me, “the game is not that great. We played it because you asked us to. It is educational, but we never enjoyed it that much. We tried to appear excited about it because we didn’t want you to be disappointed.”

 

I have two wonderful kids who tried to make me happy. They will inherit less money as a result. Oh well, we live and learn. 

 

I still love the game. You are welcome to play “Qfor2”. I will be happy to teach anyone

 

 

 

 

14

Thank you for reading my book!

If you like it, you might also want to read:

“Nothing at all”

http://www.ourboox.com/books/nothing-at-all/

 

Read more about me and see ALL my books on Ourboox (I have many)

http://www.ourboox.com/community/drmel/

Or even better, create a book of your own!!!

www.ourboox.com

Here is a tutorial to help you get started on your own voyage as an Ourboox contributor!!

http://www.ourboox.com/books/create-a-book-ourboox-video-tutorial/

And finally, you can always write me at 

[email protected]

15
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Skip to content