The Tel Aviv Farmers’ Market by Mel Rosenberg - מל רוזנברג - Ourboox.com
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

The Tel Aviv Farmers’ Market

After fruitful careers as a scientist and inventor I've gone back to what I love most - writing children's books Read More
  • Joined Oct 2013
  • Published Books 1550

Tel Aviv doesn’t have farmers. 

 

But it does have a farmers’ market. 

2
The Tel Aviv Farmers’ Market by Mel Rosenberg - מל רוזנברג - Ourboox.com

Most people have never seen a real farmer before, so here is one. 

Two, actually. 

 

Amiel is a farmer. Roni is a farmer’s daughter. Seriously. 

4
Amiel and Roni, a farmer and his daughter

Amiel grows Japanese apples and Canadian raspberries. In Israel. 

 

Amiel is always smiling. 

6
Amiel holds a Japanese apple at the Tel-Aviv farmer

 

 

Amiel’s partner, Golani never ever smiles. He collects the money (quite a lot) for Amiel’s fruit. He never smiles. You had better pay the full amount. 

8
Amiel

Talia is a farmer, originally from the US. Together with her fiance, Ori, she grows colorful tomatoes, and sweet little peppers. We give her some money. She gives us a huge bag of delicious bab tomatoes, sweet pepper, and surprises (today’s surprise – limes). She is a friend. And, unlike Golani, she never stops smiling. 

10
Talia grows colorful tomatoes, and sweet little peppers

Talia also sells pumpkins. I don’t know why. Israelis don’t celebrate Hallowe’en. But Talia doesn’t give up. I guess she is an optimistic (actually, I know she is). 

12
Pumpkins from Talia

Next to the veggie stand, I smell something. Is it an open sewer? No, it is Atalia selling ripe cheese. 

 

Somewhat surprised, we said, “Cheese?”. She smiled. So we had to take her picture. 

 

She gave us a slice to taste. It was really good. So we put her in the book. 

14
Atalia is selling ripe cheese

Down the aisle, the smell of the cheese was replaced by something enticing. Incence.

 

Ayelet sells incence at the farmer’s market. She is not a farmer, but she has a cousin who knows someone who once was. 

 

She said that her incence is high quality. I bought some for my sixties class. 

 

16
Ayelet sells incence at the farmer

I asked Ayelet whether her products can get you stoned. So she tried to sell me some of these as well. 

 

She’s spiritual enough, but deep down, an entrepreneur as well.

 

18
crystals at the Tel Aviv

Next door to her are two very happy people. They make yummy (I tasted it) liquor from passiflora (passion fruit). 

 

They are very passionate about what they do. They also keep drinking the samples that they pour for customers to sample. No wonder they are smiling. 

20
liquor from passiflora (passion fruit)

Revi and Yaniv sell delicious tehina and olive oil from their moshav (agricaultural settlement) near Ashkelon. I don’t know about the oil, but Revi’s smile and the tehina are both world class. 

 

But a word of caution. My eye caught some false advertising on his t-shirt. No way he is a real basketball player. 

22
Revi and Yaniv sell delicious tehina and olive oil at the Tel Aviv

I was planning to buy some yummy homemade sweets from Hila’s candy store. 

24
Hila

But then I ran into Gal, my new dentist. 

Guilt prevailed. I went home candiless. 

 

26
Gal, my new dentist

Instead, we came home with healthy vitamin-rich, lycopene-saturated, fibrefull food. Jeff Pulver will be so proud of us!! 

28
healthy vitamin-rich, lycopene-saturated, fibrefull food

Thank you for reading my book!

If you like it, you might also want to read:

“The Sirens Call to Me”: 

 http://www.ourboox.com/books/the-sirens-call-to-me/

about my daring walk to the sea. 

Read more about me and see ALL my books on Ourboox (I have many)

http://www.ourboox.com/community/drmel/profile/edit/group/1/

Or even better, create a book of your own!!!

www.ourboox.com

Here is a tutorial to help you get started on your own voyage as an Ourboox contributor!!

http://www.ourboox.com/books/create-a-book-ourboox-video-tutorial/

And finally, you can always write me at 

[email protected]

 

 

 

30
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Skip to content