2-01 500 word stories by Miss Doggett - Ourboox.com
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

2-01 500 word stories

  • Joined Nov 2019
  • Published Books 2

In this book you will find the unedited versions of the 2-01’s short stories.

Some of them are funny, some of them are shocking, some surprising. They will all, however, leave an impression in some way.

Great work everyone.

 

Miss Doggett

24th May 2020

2
2-01 500 word stories by Miss Doggett - Ourboox.com

Dinner is ready !

 

20h12-33 King Street, Covent Garden – London

 

The policemen force the door armed with pistol. At the entrance, a path of bloodstains that continues to the living room. The Police chief William walks past, a bit stressed when he realizes that there is a body on the ground bathed in blood. Instantly he takes out his walkie talkie and calls for reinforcements and an ambulance. The man on the ground was Henry Frim the boss of a very famous clothing company in England. William had a closed face, and the only sentence that he said was « Clean the perimeter and find the killer ! Right Now ! »

 

21h0833 King Street, Covent Garden – London

 

Andrew Bulmad enters in the house. Andrew is the most reputable of all investigators. He solved many crimes that seemed impossible.

 

«   – So let me summarize, the only things we know is that this man died about two hours ago. His wife is on the way home. There was therefore no one else in the house since they have no children. This man appeared to be cooking since we can see dishes. The neighbors heard screams and immediately called the police, that’s right ?

 

– Yes, that’s it mister.

 

-How did he died ?

 

– For the moment we don’t know, he was probably murdered but we found traces of beatings on his body. The body will soon be transferred for analysis so we will get the answer

 

– Where is his wife and how did she reacted ?

 

– She didn’t talk too much but she said she would come soon.

 

– Now I have to observe I need silent. »

 

Everyone in the room watch the investigator observing the room without moving. First, he watches the television, BBC ONE. Then he looks at the kitchen, a ckicken tikka massala cooking. Next the windows, there are open.

– Something wrong… I think there is a staging say Andrew

– Why did you say that ?

– Windows are open, the TV is light up, and a detail appeals to me.

The man died about 2 hours ago. So the killer left at one point. But when I look at the dishes, I can see that there is water left on some cutlery. So if the water has not dried it means that the killer left shortly before your arrival. Why would the killer have stayed so long when he did not hide the crime ? That’s strange ! Personally, I think it’s right here probably right under our very noses.

 

 

21h26-33 King Street, Covent Garden – London

 

– Oh! Here is Mrs Frim ! How are you ! exclaims Andrew

– What’s taking you ? Say William

Henry’s wife Juliette Frim walks slowy in the room with tears in her eyes, shopping bags in hand.

– I… I.. I do my best to come faster…

– My apology Mrs Frim, my name is William and I’m the police chief. Your husband has been killed. Now we have to question you and let me introduce yourself Andrew Bulmad, the best investigator that exist and I promess he will find the murderer.

 

The woman sits down at a table where in front of her is Andrew with a threatening look.

 

– So let’s start Mrs Frim ! I can see you were shopping right?

 

– Yes it’s true, I was shopping because we were running out of food so before I got home from work I went shopping.

 

– What do you do for a living ?

 

– I work in my husband’s business as a project manager.

 

– Mrs Frim would you like to have children?

– Me and my husband we thought about it like everyone

 

– Mrs Frim when did you last speak to your husband

 

– It was like 2 hours ago when I wanted to warn him that I was going to go shopping

 

– Mrs Frim you sweat and you run away from my gaze. Mrs Frim or rather Juliette Byrne you are hiding something

 

– My husband just died and you accuse me. What is your problem ?

 

– Mrs Frim I have 3 last questions to ask you so listen carefully.

How did you react when you learned that your husband was cheating on you after 6 years of marriage?

 

Mrs Frim look up, her gaze changes, she seems angry

 

– What are you talking about ?

 

– Mrs Frim Why you no longer suddenly cry ? Do you hate your husband now ?  Oh I lied I have one last question and it will be the 4th.

Who could hate your husband to the point of killing him ?

 

– My husband could have lots of enemies. He had competitors who were jealous. He has already been threatened. I don’t know who could have stabbed him.

 

Suddenly Andrew started to smile.

 

– Can you repeat Mrs Frim ?

 

– I said I don’t know who could stabbed my husband !

Now leave me alone !

 

Andrew laughs…

 

– Mrs Frim You are under arrest for the crime for stabbing your husband.

 

– What is wrong with you Andrew stop your idiocy !

 

– All right William your promise is kept I found the murderer as you said to this lady. How ? It’s simple, who told this woman that her husband had been stabbed ? Yes, I know, the answer is nobody.You have followed the procedure, you call this lady telling her that her husband was found dead. But she knows he had benn stabbed. Puzzle solved ! She saw that her husband had cheated on her and she couldn’t bear it and they argued. She hit him first and so did he, as can be seen on this woman’s arm. In anger she stabbed him. She panicked and cleaned the knife thinking that we were just going to see this knife like the knife her husband used for cooking. She left everything as if nothing had happened and then ran away and sent a message saying that she was going to go shopping. Rather clever but not enough for me. Its done Mrs Frim !

4
2-01 500 word stories by Miss Doggett - Ourboox.com

  My name is Imray. Since months, my world is a ceiling full of snakes, and I can’t go out. So I let my spirit walk in the house. When the  night fall, all my thoughts run in the corridors of the house, throwing objects on the cold flor, hitting every wall of the house in a blow.  Windows crash in shattered pieces of mind. I hit the house holding my mind, I hit the mind holding my house. How long since I started ? How long since I stopped ? Did I stop ? I feel like I’ve been traped between these walls for years now. Another window crash.

 

  But this night, I saw strangers. Strangers in my house, strangers in my mind. Just under me, chatting on my table, the eyes on their cell phones’s screen, eatingfrech toast made by my servant in my kitchen. A door slamed. They turn back, surprise on their fces is a Joy to me. They can fear me, they have to fear me, they entered my house, they entered my mind. Ovens, alarm clocks, dishwashers, phones all started to ring together in a sinister orhestra for their last requiem. They ran to turn them all of, and silence of death returns.

 

  If they think it’s the end… I have a lot of friends. Some of them are deadly. If I was able to, I would probably laugh. Wind enter the house, singing a strange song. My friend is on the way. He quit the ceiling to go down. He is brown, with golden rings all arround his body. He has yellow crazy eyes, and he is long ans thin… His teeth are dangerous. Deadly dangerous. They’ll feel it. We don’t enter people’s houses. We don’t enter my house. We don’t enter my mind. They ear it. The song of the wind. A last honor for their miserable lifes.

 

  They saw him. They tried to hit him. He went back to the ceiling.  They are triying to catch him. If they think I’m done. If they think I’m done… They can try to go up. They’ll be surprised. But what now ? What’s that noise ? I feel like I’m falling. Oh I know ! I felt. My dead body is now lying on the table. I’m not stuck anymore. I can go. I can disappear. But I don’t wanna disap…

6
2-01 500 word stories by Miss Doggett - Ourboox.com

It was a good day, in the north of India, for Imray and his friends. Imray was with his friends at a coffee. The next day, he doesn’t come so all the city is looking for him. He disappeared. The friends of Imray go to the police station to say to the policeman called Strickland that Imray has disappeared. Then, Strickland and his dog, Tiejens, look for Imray. Four months after, nobody see Imray and nobody find him.

Strickland move to the house of Imray. A friend of Strickland lives with him for two or three days because he has a work in the city. In the house, there is Bahadur Khan, the servant of Imray. Bahadur becomes the servant of Strickland.

When the friend of Strickland is alone at the house because Strickland is working, somebody appears at the door but when the friend go to see who it is, he disappears. And, during all the day, the friend hears a lot of noises but he is alone in the house. Tiejens stays in the garden and doesn’t want to sleep in the house because she knows that Imray is above them.

At the dinner, Strickland and his friend see a snake. The friend says that is a karait and it’s very dangerous because it kills so quickly. They want to kill the snake and they see something inn imaginable, Imray is falling from the ceiling. He is dead.

The next day, Strickland is speaking with Bahadur Khan. Bahadur tells to Strickland that Imray took the road to Europe, and he says that all servants say it. But no one said it to Strickland. But Imray is not in Europe because he was in the ceiling. So, Bahadur says a lie. And Bahadur Khan said « yes, I killed Imray ». So, Strickland and his friend are asking Bahadur why he killed he killed Imray.

Bahadur explains : « A day, Imray put his hand on the head of my soon. The next day, my soon was ill and he died. So Imray was not a good men ». Then, Strickland have to go to the police station with Bahadur. But they can’t go because the snake is around the foot of Bahadur.

 

 

8
2-01 500 word stories by Miss Doggett - Ourboox.com

Mrs Martell had always had very strong feelings for her family. Her husband, Paul, was a smart policeman but also a wonderful cook who took care of their daughter, Donna, who had a strange desease for years. Each day, he brought her marvelous dishes to make her sad life less bitter. Mrs Martell was very proud of him, very proud of her family, very pround of beloving home… Until the day when she understood her husband didn’t only love cooking for her daughter, but also loved poisonning her slowly, day after day.

 

 

         She’d been thinking about that for a month: « How could this man be guilty of the progressive murder of her daughter? Why would he be?» No matter how hard she tried to persuade herself he didn’t, there was evidence that could not be challenged. It was hard to believe, but the terrible disease came from her beloved husband.

The days passed by, the shock faded and turned into a terrible desire for revenge. She was now decided. This evening, the evening of their wedding anniversary, Paul was going to pay for his crime!

         It was already 6 o’clock, time to go back home, time to find Paul, exceptionally back one hour earlier. Time to kiss, time to kill, time to cure. She called on the intercom «Hello Darling, it’s me». Paul let her come and said «Welcome home beautiful woman», a bouquet of flowers by hand «Oh Paul I love you» she answered, embarrased. Her words lacked warmth so she tried to smile. Paul did not see anything wrong.

 «You look tired Honey » she said once at home

«I am» he replied.

«Why don’t you take a rest, Darling. Sit in there, I bring us some Champagne. After all, today is Our Day».

         Everything was going according to the plan. She went to the kitchen, took out a beautiful bottle of Champagne and came as quietly has she could out of the room. She was sweating. A cozy silence reigned in the house. She tiptoed trough the living room door, tense. The eyes of Paul were closed. When she arrived in front of his neck, she gathered her strength and suddenly, brought the bottle down on the back of his head. Immediately, whithout having time to scream, the man fell dead on the waxed floor. Julia was submerged by sadness but she was, at the same time extremely satisfied to have avenged her daughter. Her head was spinning. She went to thr kitchen and got two large crystal glasses, one for the beloved hushand and one for the murderer of her daughter. She poured the contents of the bottle into each of them. She didn’t drink. She just watched the dead body which was lying on the floor, her eyes full of tears. A notification drew her from her thoughts , she watched her phone. It was the delivreyman who was waiting for her at the front of the door,a package under the arm, right on time, as she had planned it. Instantly, she jumped up, dried her tears, put on some lipstick and forced herself to laugh to look more relaxed and went to see the deliveryman.

«Hello young man», she said.

«Good evening, Mrs Martell», replied the deliveryman while giving her the package.

«Don’t you thing it’s sunny today?» asked Mrs Martell, who knew him and his chatting habbit.

The young man looked at her with a tremedous smile: at last, an occasion to speak to someone! And he began to speak about the rain and the good weather, about the poor little cat of the neigbourgs, which was lost for a week, about the backache of his grand mother… Half a hour later, she returned into  the house,  set the package on the kitchen table and went back to the living room. When she saw again the corpse of Paul, she began to cry out of fear. She was ready to call the police: «Come quick, it’s awful, awful! It’s an emmergency!

-who’s speaking?

– It’s Laura, Laura Martell, your college, my husband… my my sweet love is  is lying on the floor…

– What? Can you tell me more about that?

– he’s not answering… I… I think he’s DEAD!

– We’ll be right over, hold on

Now, all she had to do was waiting for the police to come. She knew by heart the story she was going to tell them: at 6 o’clock, she was back home; her hushband, Paul was waiting for her, then, they drank some Champagne to celebrate their wedding anniversary. Ssuddenly, she receive a message of the deliveryman to fetch the package which contained the present that she wanted to offer Paul. She talked with him during a long time. He was very talkative. Finally, when she returned into the living room to give it, she found her poor husband, lying on the floor. So she called the police. She spread the make up that remained on her eyes to look more sad and a few minutes later, she heard a knock on the door, stood up and went to open it.

There was some policemen accompanied by a doctor, a police photographer and a woman who knew about fingerprints. She led them to her hushband’s body and began to cry. Charles, a good friend of Paul took her in his arms before questionning her about was she saw. She answered without problems, punctuating her sentences by cries. Everyone was moved by that poor woman, so no one had the idea of suspecting her. They called the deliveryman on his mobile and he confirmed the version of the facts.

  After examining the body, one of the policemen declared that Paul had been hit with something very hard like a thick metal bar. So everyone began to search for an heavy and imposing object in the house.

A few hours later, the research had not evolved, it began to get late, everyone was tired, everyone was losing patience. Mrs martell distribute a glass of champagne to everyone as a thank you.

«Oh Mrs Martell», said Charles , «you’re too kind with us, what could we do to help you?»

«Oh if you could simply throw out the glass bin for me, it would be delightful»

10
2-01 500 word stories by Miss Doggett - Ourboox.com

 

9:14 PM

            My name is Mary Maloney. I work as a policewoman but I had to make a break because I broke my wrist during an intervention I am married to Patrick. He is a notary in a big office : « Jamin’s office ». I am bored. Patrick still hasn’t come back and I am on my third drink.

Lately he is often late… If I wasn’t trusting him I would be thinking that he’s cheating on me. But I have great confidence in him. And most importantly, I am pregnant. For two months. I haven’t said it yet, but I want to do it tonight. He is really late today. I hope he’s okay and he didn’t forget what day is today… Oh ! There he is!

 

10:30 PM

            Patrick is taking a bath. We had dinner and he didn’t look well. I even had to insist to make him eat. He was absent-minded. He looked like he was elsewhere. Then I cooked just vegetables, but I already had prepared a leg of lamb that we were supposed to eat with the vegetables. I was really disappointed. I spent my all day to prepare this dinner. I went to the best caterer of the town to buy his best piece of meat, then I came to the market to buy vegetables. And finally I took a taxi to go back home and spent my afternoon preparing the vegetables and the lamb for this so special day! Patrick is calling me.

 

10:48 PM

            I can’t believe it! He forgot! Today is so important for me! And it should be the same for him! We talked 20 minutes in the bathroom and when I asked him what day is today, he said “Thursday “! Today is the 16th of October! I should calm down now…

 

11:23 PM

            He forgot… I wanted to tell him that I am pregnant. I’m not sure I should anymore…yet I have to do it. Okay, I will just calm down and tell him. It doesn’t matter if he forgot. Maybe he has a big problem at work or something like that. Ok I hear him coming, I will just tell him and he will be so happy with me! No matter which day we are. I am pregnant. We’re gonna have a baby! Let’s tell him.

 

00:37 AM

            I… I… I can’t believe it… It wasn’t supposed to be like this… How… How could he? He cheated on me? No… No not now! I’m crying… He must not see me…like… this! No he will not! No don’t… NO… NO!!!

 

00:59 AM

            Did… Did I really… do… that? No we’re not in a movie… Is that a dream? What… All this… blood… I can’t believe he is… How am I gonna do? My baby! Wake up!… Pat wake up!! You can’t do this to me! To us! It’s not me… it’s not… me.

Today Patrick… we were being married for 2 years.

12
2-01 500 word stories by Miss Doggett - Ourboox.com

I came home from work and i go the to market for buy a puding, because i wanted eat a puding. And finally i’m back home. My wife had prepare a dinner but i buy a puding. We argue and i eat my puding solo. Then, i have a idea and i say in my mind « if i take a poison in a puding and i give him » so i don’t eat all the puding and the next day, i go buy a poison in a special market. I take my car and i put a google map to find me. I go back with a poison 2 hours later, because it’s difficult to find a good poison. The night, after put a poison in a puding, i will see my wife  and I apologize to him and i offer him a part of puding. She accept and and eat the poisoned part. She die on the floor 5 minutes after. I hurry to phone at a police. I tell a dramatic story and they believe me on words. They come 30 minutes later and take away a body with us. Two policer officer stay at my home and  i give us the rest of my puding for not to leave evidence.

14
2-01 500 word stories by Miss Doggett - Ourboox.com

In a little town in France, where there are few inhabitant, a girl who call Noemi, live here. Noemi is a very beautiful girl. She have twenty years old and there parents they aren’t french. They are british. So Noemi have a habit. Every morning she take an english breakfast. It’s very important for her so she don’t leave home if she don’t take her breakfast. Everybody love her. But one day, nobody know why or how but Noemi dispearred. The police has searched everywhere. Some months later the investigation was disconued and the people forget little by little Noemi. Her house stayed quiet and frozen with breakfast preparing on the table that is still waiting to be eaten.

 

One year later, Kate, the best friend of Noemi want to find her friend. She asks to many people but nobody did want to help her. So she decides to manage alone. When she arrives in Noemi’s house the Big Ben miniature ring. She walks in the corridor and she hears a noise. However, it was one year had stayed quiet.  The noise comes from the kitchen. When she goes to the kitchen, the table where there was the breasfast is overturned. On the ground, there is a paper where there is write : I’m still there. But Kate is a brave woman and all of that doesn’t scare her. Previously she had read the police report and had noticed that they hadn’t searched the cellar. So she go to the cellar. When she open the door there is a strange smell. She comes down the stairs and she sees some blood. On the ground be find the Noemi’s body.

 

After that the police arrives and takes the body. The investigation was reopened. When Kate told them the story with the table which was overturned, nobody believed it because when they arrived the breakfast hasn’t moved. Everyone thought she was a liar. One week later, Kate was arrested and was put in jail.

 

Two years later, Kate was liberated because they found the real culprit. They managed to find the real culprit because a policeman found it strange that nobody had looked in the basement. His colleagues told him that the commissioner found it unnecessary to look there. Then he went back to Noemi’s basement and lifted fingerprints. After a few days, he found out that the fingerprints were the commissioner’s. Then the commissioner was arrested because how did it that there were his fingerprints when he never went down to the basement.

16
2-01 500 word stories by Miss Doggett - Ourboox.com

Mary Maloney was alone at home, she was playing at Fornite with her playstation and with Dualshock in hand, she was in a game, closed off the top 1. When her husband came back from the work, he came in front of her and said

Patrick : « Honey, I need to tell you something, I’m cheating on you and i hope you will be ok with that »

Mary : « I don’t really give a damn about this, let me finish my game »

When Marry Maloney died at Fornite, she thought about what Patrick said, she threw the controller on the tilling. She decided to stand up off the sofa and went into the kitchen, took a leg of lamb, She went behind Patrick and slapped Patrick in the head with the leg. She decided to get an alibi so she called the police with her Iphone 11 and told that she will come to buy some stuff. After being back at home, she called the police and told them that Patrick has been killed, she played her best acting in front of the cops and told the story. When Mary Maloney saw the clock she decided to prepare the dinner to the police officers and took the leg of lamb and started cooking. During the coocking, and we don’t know why, but she yelled « It’s my round », the officers looked into hers with a strange face and she took off the fridge 4 bears, she started to drink like a man. When the leg of lamb was cooked she stood up and give the leg of lamb to the officers. Meanwhile, Mary Maloney was playing candy crush with Baptiste Desloges. Finally after that, The police officers said

Police Officers :« mhhh, that was Yummy. What was this ? », a little smile came on the face of Mary Maloney .

Mary Maloney : « that was with that leg that i killed Patrick, AHAHAHAHAH »

She pulled out a gun and started shooting at officers, after that, Mary Maloney sat up on a chair and started to eat the leg of lamb .

The end

18
2-01 500 word stories by Miss Doggett - Ourboox.com

-It was a lovely house, why moved we out ? Said Mrs Melony to her husband.

-The rent was to hight for us, darley. We haven’t the choice,you know it.

-We’re always in need, when will you have your augmentation ?

-We’re not in need, we just spend too mutch money, especially you ! And im waiting the affirmation of my boss, now he’s in the Caraibe, for « buisness plan » he said.

-I didn’t forget the promise you maded to me, we was supposed to go to New York this winter ! And where are we now? In an other house, smaller, with a poor 50m garden and no swimming pool, and it’s not for vacations ! You know what, im tired of you Jean, murmured her.

-Really ? Because I feel the same thing ! I thing…we should break up. We always yelling ourselves on, and I don’t want to live like this anymore.

A long silence took part in the dispute. The moon was clear, the stars was here, the silence was absolute. It was a beautiful night. A big heavy noise brought out the commune of silence. The curtains was closed, the street was empty, the peoples was sleeping, it was a perfect night for a murder. Mrs Melony was standing right on the center of the living room, her both hands joined, looking with empty eyes what she’ve done. An umbrella was planted in the body of Jean Melony.

She sat on à ivy chair, and began to think. How could she get rid of the body, how can she calm down, what she’s doing next.  She fought that she could just sucide, and turn that into « the horrible murder of a calm and hapiness family», but she was too scared about death. She looked at the fireplace, the fire was huge, and was filling her look. She grabbed a shovel, and began to shape a big hole in the garden. She carefully kepped the grass well, to be able to put it back in its place after having buried the body.

The next day, she called the police with an scared voice, and said that her husband dissapeared.

One week passed. The police came to Mrs Melony to ask her some questions. It was cold outside, Mrs Melony prayed them to come in her house. She prepared some tea, and asked if they could eat with her a leg of lamb with some fries. They rejected the invitation, because they was in mission, and they remembered the old story of Roald Dahl, where the policeman eat the crime weapon. They inspected all the pieces, the objects, the garden, they asked the questions, but they founded nothing.

-well, thanks Mrs Melony. We will contact you if we found anything. God, i’ve never seen a rain like that, it’s impressive.

-I can give you an umbrella if you want, I don’t use it anymore.

-Really ? This is to kind Mrs Melony, thank you so much !

-Goobye officers !

-Goodbye !

Well, Roald Dahl history was quite different, but the end is the same. Peoples, be careful, you never know the man who sitting next to you (heathens, twenty one pilots).

20
2-01 500 word stories by Miss Doggett - Ourboox.com
2-01 500 word stories by Miss Doggett - Ourboox.com
2-01 500 word stories by Miss Doggett - Ourboox.com

The room was off and the shutters were closed. A woman named Mary was sitting on a big chair on the dark. When she heard noise, she stood up straight and she turned on the light . Her boyfriend came back home.

« What’s up honey, » she said.

« Hi, » he answered.

He threw his sports jacket, threw his shoes in the entrance and he lay down on the couch.

« Are you tired ? », she asked

« Mmh », he mumbled

« You gonna tell anything ? » she said when she got up.

« Sit down ! » he yelled

A silence traveled the room.

« Do you wanna eat something ? », she asked gently

« No thank’s », he answered.

« Are you sure ? I can called an Uber Eat », she said.

« I said no, i’m not hungry, but I would like some Coca-Cola please.

She gave him a Coca-Cola that was in XXL size . He took the drink and he slowly sipped it.

« I’ve got somehing to tell you », he said.

« What is it ? », she asked.

He bowed his head and looked at his feet. He put his drink on the table in front of him. She was looking at him but did not look at her. He was scared.

« It is about our relationship, I think it would be better for us to brok up » he said soflty

She did not understand immediately what he had said. She tought that she misunderstood. She went into the kitchen and she took the nuggets that she had ordered from Mcdonald’s and she came back in living room. Her boyfriend was still sipping his Coca-Coka like nothing ever happened. She raised her hand with the Nuggets and she hit her boyfriend’s head. She looked at him falling on the floor and she sat down on the couch he was 5 seconds ago.

After 5 minutes, she stood up. She took the Nuggets with tissues and she put it in the trash. Mary decided to take her phone and to call a friend to explain him the situation. Jack answered and explain her what to do. And she called the police.

When the police came into the house, Mary was crying on the couch next to her boyfriend. She fell apart. The police started questionning Mary but she told them she came home from work and she found her boyfriend like that. The police was looking aroung the body of the man but she did not find a weapon that could have killed him. The police decided to search the whole house but still found nothing.

After 3 hours the house with the police, Mary went out of the house and called Jack  with her phone. She told him that everything happens like he told her and that she will be safe. She thanked him and told him to come and get her tomorrow.

24
2-01 500 word stories by Miss Doggett - Ourboox.com
2-01 500 word stories by Miss Doggett - Ourboox.com
27

Short Story of the Leg of lamb

Once upon a time, a young woman named Mary Maloney, she was living in a big villa near the beach. She’s married to a billionaire named Patrick and she was carrying a future drug dealer of the Mafia in her belly. But she still didn’t know that. She had everything she wanted at her fingertips. She lived in a very prosperous environment. Her husband works at his own company where he is the CEO and comes home very late in the evening. Mary Maloney is madly in love with her husband and looks forward to him every day.
One day, Mary Maloney wanted to make a surprise for Patrick and prepared a delicious, well-stocked meal for dinner. It wasn’t actually she who prepared the meal but her chef, who she hired specifically to cook for dinner tonight. In the meantime Mary Maloney was sunning herself by the pool enjoying the beautiful sunshine in her swimsuit. Mary Maloney sometimes did FaceTime with her friends or she was playing Candy Crush on her Smartphone. When the dinner was ready, and that the table was well decorated, all that was left to do was to look out the living room window. She suddenly heard the sound of limousine. She recognized her husband getting out of the vehicle. She run to join him and threw herself into his arms and returned at home with him. This evening was far from going as planned because Patrick doesn’t feel like eating anything, he pretends he’s not hungry. Despite his wife, he still won’t swallow anything. It was a shame because the cook had prepared a big roast leg of lamb with white peaches for dinner. So asked him why. But her husband told her he wanted to tell her a secret. He’s saying what’s on his mind and added that she could keep the house. Mary is very very upset, he was dating someone else all those days…She can’t believe that. Despite this horrible announcement she hide her emotions and told him that she was going to clear the table. So she brandished the leg of lamb in front of him and knocked him out. She joined the cook and knocked him out in turn to erase the evidence and the witness. So she went out of her home to buy potatoes at the grocery store across the street. She then returned at home and called the police. When the police arrived, she answered all the questions. An officer went to question the grocer and the grocer testified that the he saw Mary Maloney coming to buy potatoes in his grocery store. The officer returned to the scene of the crime and announced he was hungry like a wolf. Mary Maloney invited them to eat the leg of lamb around the table. And the murder weapon is now in their bellies.

28
2-01 500 word stories by Miss Doggett - Ourboox.com

The crab claw

 

During the day of the 1st June 2019, Béatrice Kingsley watch on the TV the final of the UEFA Champions League who opposes the Liverpool Football Club and Tothenham Hotspur waiting for her husband. She listen a song of The Beatles: Don’t Bother Me. Béatrice watch his smartphone to sea the hour because she is stressed. Just when she finishes looking at time, she hears the sound of the Tesla of his husband. She turns off the TV and the sound of the music and down the stairs to welcome his husband. Phill, his husband, is exhausted and needs rest. But it’s time to eat for the couple. Béatrice will prepare a crab to him. Phill sit down in the sofa of the living room. Béatrice come discreetly behind him with the crab and with the clamp of the crustacean she cut the artery of his husband and put in his hand a cut for simulate. After that, she leave the home to buy something. On his return, she take his smartphone to call the police. When the police come, she take thee body of Phill and begin to ask questions to Béatrice. After the series of questions, Béatrice suggests to the officer to eat something. The policeman accept and Béatrice give to the officer the crab. He take the clamp and throw in the ben who go the landfill one hour later.

30
2-01 500 word stories by Miss Doggett - Ourboox.com

Like every morning, I opened my eyes, the first thing that I look, was my boyfriend, David, he was sleeping, it made me smile, then, I got up and I looked throut the window, the sky was blue, the birds singing and the neighbours were walking and happy. Then I went to the kitchen to prepare breakfast, I was waiting for David to come take his breakfast. When he finally woke up, he just ate his pancakes, quietly and didn’t even look at me, I asked if he sleeped well, but he just answered « Yes. Thanks. » before he left to work I told to him, that if he had any problem, he could talk to me, whereupon he just leaved. Maybe he was just a little upset, so I decided to suprise him, I went buy some ingredient for his favorite food, some potatoes, a bunch of fresh mint and a leg of lamb.

At the evening, when he came back from work, his favourite meal, a roast leg of lamb, and Netflix was waiting for him, I was excited but he didn’t seems to be… He was standing still, in the corridor, he looked at me and said :

« I know you went out of your way for all this… But i think that I just want to break up with you.

– …

– I’m sorry, i was going to tell you this, but i couldn’t find the good moment…

– Alright, then… I-I’m just going to bed. »

This Morning, when I opened my eyes, I saw the colorless ceiling, I looked throught the window, the birds wasn’t singing today, and the whole street was empty, only a police car was standing in front of my house.

Apparently, David died. The policeman still doesn’t know how even if there is a suspects, one of David’s colleague with whom he did not get on well. I was mournful, so i decided to go for a walk, to change my ideas, during my walk I sat on a bench and someone sat next to me, it was a men, he was tall, brown, with green eyes. That’s when he starts the conversation, he seemed to like me so I gave him my number before leaving

« We could see each other again, and eat something, my roast leg of lamb, is delicious ! See you soon. »

32
2-01 500 word stories by Miss Doggett - Ourboox.com

The last lamb

 

Everything was fine for Mr. Ives except of course the debt for the house, it’s a beautiful day outside. Birds are singing, flowers are blooming… on day like these, each thing is fine.

Mr. Ives come back from work, it was a good day for him there was few police case, almost no paperwork. He decide to prepare the dinner for him and for Mrs. Ives.

 

“for dinner it’s going to be lamb, leg of lamb, I know she will like it”. He said

 

if only he was right, with the lamb he use beans and for the afterwards he bought two beautiful and delicious piece of cream cake, Mr. Ives realizes that cooking takes time.

 

“it’s nineteen o’clock she will arrive in a few minutes, I’m hurry up”.

He said into cutting the gas and putting the cutlery.

An hour is pass

The key enter the lock and make a loud noise into the house she enter with a sad and tired countenance, she look Mr. Ives by the corner of the eye, the tension is unbearable, Mr. Ives decide to eat when Mrs. Ives sit on the chair.

There is just the sound of mastication suddenly Mrs. Ives say quietly “I’m sorry” and Mr. doesn’t respond and she said again “I’m sorry for what I have done to you”,

“why don’t you inform me for lateness” Mr. Ives demand

“I’m not sorry for this” She reply

“and for what are you sorry, tell me your purpose” He say with raising the tone

“I-I’m really sorry for what I have done to you it wasn’t my purpose I don’t know why I do this” she say with a tremulous voice

“what have you done” He say without assurance

“I cheated on you” she say after a heavy silence

 

suddenly the world of Mr. Ives collapse the beautiful day become a bloody night, the birds fall from the trees, the flowers withers… on day like these, the death is near.

He sees every moment pass with her become blurry as if she disappeared but strangely his hands are warm not like the other parts of his body just the hand but he see nothing because everything he can see is dark, the void.

His love, HIS wife cheated on him

Mr. Ives is ravage by the announcement but when the blurry of sadness and rage disappear, he see his wife on the ground with blood behind his head at this moment he understand what he done, he decide to sit down and continue his leg of lamb but a tear escape from the eye of Mr. Ives and touch the ground.

“I loved you Mrs. Ives”. He said for the last time.

 

 

34
2-01 500 word stories by Miss Doggett - Ourboox.com

 

Project Paradise
University of Mumbai

 

 

Strickland, a famous policeman, cryptograph and connoisseur of old languages; has received a letter from an old friend from the university; Bahadur Khan; saying one of his friends has disappeared during his investigations and only Strickland is able to find him.

Our policeman went to India to meet with him. He arrived at the end of the day with only one suit-case. Khan told him he can sleep in his house and asked whatever he wants. The day after, they went to the house of the disappeared. The friend said it was the house of Imray. Bahadur stops walking at the front door and said:

‘’I can’t go in.

– Why?

– It’s because that Buddhist’s saying: ‘’I can present you the door but you will get in alone‘’

– Ok, wait for me here”

Strickland went in and began to search for some clues of Imray. Searching in the desk, he found a tube made of bones, with runes on it, like made of small pieces. The tube had nine letters down and four of circumference. Strickland put it in his jacket and continued to search something else that could help him. He found two photos: one with three persons in front of a temple and another one of a statuette. He went out to Bahadur and told him what he has seen. Strickland turned the sections of the tube and translated the runes. The runes set in a certain order made the word ‘’chemistry”.

That opened a little whole in the tube where a light came out. The light, projected on the wall, showed a representation of a big place where it is written, in big letters, ’’Chemistry’’.  Bahadur told Strickland that he is thinking of an university in Mumbai very famous to all the people who do chemistry. They went to that university and found, in a classroom, some clues. There was one piece of an iron ore, a liquid and a gas in a tube. They began to do research to find witch elements they were. They watched a periodical board and found a secret code witch was: “Mendeleïev”. Strickland explained that is a museum in Russia with that name.

They travel together to that museum, in Russia, and found a secret room where they found Imray with other people.

‘’What are you doing here? Said Strickland, And who is this people?

-I’m working on my project and they are working with me so we’re discussing and where we go from here. said Imray.

-But why didn’t you tell us you were going here?

-I wanted to know who would be able to solve the enigma and understand what we’re doing.’’

After introducing themselves to everybody, Strickland and Bahadur sat at the back of the room and listened to Imray talking about the project named ‘’Paradise’’  That project is about the creation and the destruction of the universe and what we have to do to avoid the end of the universe.

36
2-01 500 word stories by Miss Doggett - Ourboox.com

        Clement is lost….but he comes back

 

Like every day I went to the bar near my home and my work colleague Clement, we both worked in a small gas station britain at the edge of town. So we have been meeting for 1 year now every evening at 8 p.m. at the bar, but this time I am waiting … I am still waiting but clement is still not there and it is now 9:16 p.m. I remember he said to me a long time ago: “If I am not there in time look at your phone at 9:15 pm”. Thinking about that, that’s not what to worry about, but now that it’s this time, I don’t know what to do! I run out of the bar at full speed to go to his place, nobody I go to his parents who lives 10 minutes from my house, I have never run so much in my life, adrenaline rises and I do not feel not exhausted, arrived at his parents he tells me that they have not seen her, it is then that I think: “And if … he had been kidnapped!”. I went to any nearest police center but we were in a small town and this kind of business was very scary and he did not take my distress too seriously that I try to reportHe searched the surroundings and the most likely places where he could find nothing. Several months passed and today we are the 6th month to the day that Clement has disappeared, I always go to the same bar at the same time to pay tribute to him. Coming out of my house to go there I realize that I forgot something where I work. I go there I open the station store and I start looking for what I need when Soundain I hear a voice similar to that of Clement, I turn to see who it is and to tell him that I am closed but nobody was there, except me, I did not worry because I know young people not far who like to scare people, I finally find after 10 minutes of research the thing that I needed but before I needed to see who were the children who imitate the voice of Clement because yes I heard it many times, I went out nothing, nobody went around nothing either, going behind I saw a ladder leading to the roof, I go up and I see that there is a trap to go in the roof I go there and … I have the greatest fear of my life, the body of Clement was there , in front of me, decaying, I tell myself first that he wanted to kill himself and that it had worked but I said to myself that it was necessarily the fault of someone who wanted his death and he had to hide it here, but who could be the culprit! I suddenly hear a noise coming from just behind me, we are in the dark but the moon can allow me to see who this man is I see him bending down with a knife in his hand, a tongue sticking out like a wolf hungry, it was the person in charge of the station, he let out a huge terrifying cry and I frightened I also screamed I pushed him violently and ran out I jump without going through the ladder and fell badly on my ankle, I limp but I can’t stop i run as fast as i can being hurt but i see him grabbing me! I go into an alley not lit at all but I knew that if led to the home of clement and he had given me a double I returned but I did not have time to close. I hide behind a piece of furniture it passed in the dark just behind me, I was feeling his thirst for killing, the pain in my leg is excruciating but I can’t scream otherwise it is over for me! After 3 minutes of stress which passed like 20, I heard the manager of the store go out and go in the direction of the store, I therefore understood that he was there throughout my research in the store to observe me and that he have fun imitating his voice in order to lure me up and kill me. I went to the traumatized police station and this is how my story ends.

38
2-01 500 word stories by Miss Doggett - Ourboox.com

The Bottle of Hand Sanitizer

 

         It was a nice and sunny day outside. With birds singing their song, and the light warming the room, Olivia Stuckins couldn’t have a better day in her husband’s 14th floor apartment.

She was waiting in her chair when she heard the door of the bedroom open, she peaked at the clock, showing 11:59 am.

 

”Good morning Thomas !” she said joyfully, as he sat down on the couch.

 

”Hello.” he replied

 

”Did you wash your hands ? I’m going to bring you some hand sanitizer.”

 

”Sit down. I have to tell you something.”

 

She was paralyzed by fear. What was the matter ?What was he going to tell him ?

She sat down confused and overwhelmed by all these unanswered questions.

 

”What is it ?” she asked carefully.

 

Finally, after standing up to face the window, he explained : He had a very tempting job offer as a nurse for the hospital of the city.

 

”It’s just until the pandemic ends, and then everything will go back to normal.” he justified.

 

But Ms. Stuckins couldn’t believe it. She wouldn’t believe it. The thoughts in her head denied the situation, who would be insane enough to let a deadly virus into its home ?

”I’ll be back in(200) a minute” she said as she went straight to the bathroom.

 

Ms. Stuckins looked herself in the mirror, and formed the most normal face she could imagine. She then procceds to take the bottle of hand sanitizer and goes back in the living room.

Mr. Stuckins was still looking out the window, his back turned from his wife. She saw an opportunity that no other human being would see, and began to lift the arm with the bottle, with its sharp corner in front.

The hit was almost silent, but it resonated inside Ms. Stuckins.

With her husbund lying on the floor, she realized what she had done like she had woke up from a nightmare, she sat down and started thinking of an alibi. But how will she get rid of the body ? She thought, and an idea struck her. She began by calling the hospital.

She opened the door to find three paramedics in hazmat suits ready to step inside.

 

”Hello Ms. Stuckins we’re here to see Thomas Stuckins.” said the first one

 

”Yes he is in the living room” she replied calmly, leting them in

 

They gather around the body and stay silent, until one of the paramedics says,

 

”So you said he died from the virus right ?”

 

”Yes absolutely, he refused to apply hand sanitizer. He didn’t wash his hands too !” she lied.

 

”Right, right, but what’s that stain on the carpet ?”

 

”Oh, it’s uh… jam, strawberry jam ! Yes, he was taking breakfeast before he died.” she lied again.

 

”Well, my job isn’t being a detective” he declared while lifting the body of Thomas.

 

As they were leaving she asked if they would take one of her bottled hand sanitizers for safety. She sat down after everyone was gone. At last, she felt relieved.

40
2-01 500 word stories by Miss Doggett - Ourboox.com

Once upon a day Imray didn’t show any sign of life on social media while, usually he was always taking picture of himself and chatting with his friends on whatsapp or instagram. The first days, nobody cares « he’s probably sick » thought his friends.After a month nobody was chatting about him, on social media, all his « friends » unsubscribe. After three months of searching, his flat has been sold. A friend of him ,Strickland, a police officer, settled in his flat (last floor of a fifteen floor building). The flat was very big, the building was tall there was a concierge on the ground floor, Mahadur Khan. Imray didn’t like her much because her son disturbed Imray when he was working. When Strickland settled all was great and nothing disturb him, any noise… And in the same time Strickland was working very late and when he had free time he was walking his dog or go running. So he was all the time outside, one day, Strickland received  a strange message. It was a whatsapp from Imray, the message means that Imray’ll be back very soon… So Strickland thought it was probalbly a bug from the application wich was very oftenly. After a fortnight, Tietjens barked and watched the ceiling so Strickland decide to go on the rooftop and then… he saw the mobile phone of Imray and it was ringing. Strickland was affraid and decide to go see the concierge and gave her the phone. She hasn’t any reactions and Strickland found it was very weird, so he wants quite the building and the next day Strickland move out and wants  only an flat with neighbors above.

42
2-01 500 word stories by Miss Doggett - Ourboox.com

Imray accused by Bahadur khan to be responsible of de death of is son , then he  killed him .

Now strickland discovered that Bahadur khan is the murderer , he want did him to go to the police .

Bahadur khan didn’t want and prefered to be kill by the brown snake . The ghost of Imray won’t walk anymore in the house and the tietjens will no serendly sleep . When the police arrived and so the Bahadure khan dead body , strickland had already left the house with is bag and tietjens .

He wanted to forget everything and was dreaming of new life on a newn island .

On is new island , there was a small broken and abandoned house in the big palm forest .Strickland hesitated because he was  afraid of sleeping inside and meet new ghosts . Then he decided to built his own house with wood and palm leaf .The first day were very difficults for them to find some food ans water .But he managed to find edbile food in this forest and a waterfall .

He felt a feeling of safety ,and enough trengh to finally begin to built is home. Tietjens had found a new friend toplay with,it was a small brown monkey . Who was interesting by all the things strickland brought with him on the island , like is bag ,a spoon ,tools, etc.….

They played together with coconut .

 

After the build of his new home and everything they needed he felt a little curious.

One day, he went on a walk with Tietjens and his new friend the monkey, arround the small island.

He discovered he mustn’t be the only person to live on this island because he found a empty gourd with initials engraved on it. 

He realised that he missed human presence and decided to go and find the owner of this gourd.

After days ans days of researche he finally found a camp with another man living on the island.

This man had also built his own house. 

The initials engraved are A.Milner , Strickland searches for signs of life on the island for several days and find nothing .The problem is that strickland is afraid of entering the forest ,but after several days he realizes that he needs company and decides to go to the forest .In the forest he sees lots of animals including the parents of the little brown monkey , so he goes back to his house to go get the little brown monkey and then go give it to his parents .After giving the little monkey to his parents he continues to look for a house … ,finally he finds a small cabin with a man inside, he gives him the gourd and the man tells him that it is him and thanks him. since the two men are friends and live together .

 

 

44
2-01 500 word stories by Miss Doggett - Ourboox.com

Leg of lamb 2.0

 

08/27/1997

A woman nommed Mary Maloney was married to her husband for 15 years already, they had been crazy in love. However the most people were not convinced of this relationship.

 

02/15/2007

One evening, Mary’s husband had gone for little shopping.

Mary for 2 years had many doubts about their relations, her husband was absent and returned at hours late. She suspected him of having a mistress. Also when she ad to go work, her colleagues suspected that she had problems, it happened to wear fondations in her faces because she has bruises.

 

04/11/2008

A year later and still the same, Mary was too attached to him, she didn’t want to leave him.

 

08/06/2011

Time passed and he continued, he beat her and went to see a lot of his mistresses. Mary had become addicted to drug recently, she didn’t have the money so it was her husband who financed her drugs. That’s why she was forced to stay.

 

01/19/2014

One evening in her room, her dog nest to her, Mary was under the influence of the cocaine, she throught a lot aboute the continued and had some plans in mind. Her husband was in the living room oblivious to the plan she had put in place…

 

10/21/2020

News finally reveals the incredible story of Mary the killer woman. Investigators had finally discovered how Mary Maloney had killed her husband. Mary a handsome winter evening was totally drugged, decided to join his husband in the living room and without him noticing, she took a pan, knocked him out, killed him and cut him. His plan was to freeze him and give him as food to her dog. Mary had throught long and hard before. It’s like that investigators discovered the traces of her husband in his dog’s dropping.

 

 

46
2-01 500 word stories by Miss Doggett - Ourboox.com
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Ad Remove Ads [X]
Skip to content