A Short Guide On How To Choose Topics For Research Papers Quickly by Mary Lash - Ourboox.com
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

A Short Guide On How To Choose Topics For Research Papers Quickly

  • Joined Nov 2021
  • Published Books 5

Freedom is good and bad at the same time. If you have ever been assigned a paper to write and allowed the freedom to choose a topic by yourself, you understand what this means. Learning how to write research is challenging but choosing a suitable topic for the paper is even hard.
In this article, you’re going to learn practical tips on how to find a topic for your research paper.

So without further ado, let’s dive in.

Make Use of Your Course Materials

All students need help. You can pay studyclerk for research paper services because that’s one of the most effective ways to get a professional research paper written with zero plagiarism.
But what if you could use your class notes, textbooks, and syllabus to find a suitable topic for your research paper?
If the research paper is for a class, review your course material to see whether you can get an interesting topic. You can also skim through major academic journals in your area of study to get ideas for a topic.

Comb through the discussion questions at the end of your book’s chapters to see whether you can get topic ideas.

Find Hot Topics in Your Area of Study

Browse the web or consult your teacher. Scholars are constantly sharing hot issues. To produce a cutting-edge research paper, find a topic around these issues. Consider events that are happening currently that are related to your field of study. For instance, if you’re writing a research paper about political assassinations, you could write something related to the recent death of the former Japanese Prime minister.

Your instructor or others in your field can also help you with ideas. Engage with them during office hours or send them an email requesting their help.

Ask Friends or Family 

If you have family members who have been to college, you can ask for their thoughts. Talking to other people is a good way to discover ideas you probably couldn’t have known had you not sought thoughts.
Your friends or classmates can also help you with topic ideas as well.

Use Online Articles from Trusted Websites

Forbes, New York Times, and Huffington Post, just to mention a few. These are some of the trusted websites with high-quality articles written by experts you can use to get some background information about topics you’re thinking about.
As a rule, the articles you’re researching must match the assignment.

You should also avoid choosing something that has been researched broadly.

Brainstorm Topic Ideas

Brainstorming is probably one of the greatest techniques for choosing a research paper topic. Note that even though it’s advisable to choose an interesting topic, there is no harm in going out of your comfort zone.

Look at the current news to see whether there is something that sparks your creativity and make a long list of possible topics and begin your selection from there.

Choose Something Specific

Once you have a list of potential research paper topics, the next step is to get super specific. You may also find all the topics in your list unsuitable for the paper. Don’t worry because you can always go back to the brainstorming state. Of importance is to nail this step by taking a broad idea and extracting a specific area you can focus on.

For instance, if you have decided to write about weight loss, you could get specific and choose a Ketogenic diet.

2
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Ad Remove Ads [X]
Skip to content