A Summer’s Reading by Samar amoun - Ourboox.com
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

A Summer’s Reading

  • Joined Oct 2017
  • Published Books 1

A Summer’s Reading

 

Samar Amoun

 

Deir el Asad Comprehensive School

 

submitted to: Amira Asadi

 

 

 

 

2

Post Reading Activity

1.Write a diary entries for three different day in George’s life, describe the events and how George feels about them.

 

2.Write a letter from George to Mr.Cattanzara ten years after the story ends.

 

 

3

DAY 1:

Dear diary ,

today wasn’t really exciting , I have been at home all day long . I didn’t do anything but eat and sleep. I ate breakfast and drank my coffee as usual, then I listened to the ballgame on the radio. My team lost this game so I got really upset about it , I accidentally broke my mother’s favorite vase . I slept earlier so I wouldn’t have to face Sophie and my father. When I got sure that both were sleeping I sneaked to wander in the neighborhood . I walked by the stores and my neighbors but no one talked to me . Suddenly Mr.Cattanzara showed up , we started talking about what we do everyday. He asked me and I’ve been wound up so I lied and I told him that I’m reading 100 books this summer . I wish he doesn’t discover my lie.

 

4

DAY 2 : 

Dear diary ,

Today was way so much better than yesterday! I ate breakfast with dad and Sophie that she made and talked a little bet .but they didn’t say anything about the vase, then they went to work .I cleaned the house, washed the dishes, moped the floors and made lunch so they eat when they come home .

At about 8pm I got out to take a walk as always. every single one of my neighbors talked to me .I was surprised and happy at the same time, all these people respect me but why are they talking to me . I remembered that I told Mr.C. that I’m reading 100 books so I knew that he told everyone in the neighborhood , BUT what if they knew that I’m lying !they will hate and disrespect me to the rest of my life.

5

DAY 3 :

I didn’t get out of my room for a hole week, at night I sneak to the kitchen to eat and Sophie is really worried about me. today I wake up and I decided to face it, I got out the house walked in the neighborhood all my neighbors said hi and talked to me. That moment I knew that Mr.C. didn’t tell anyone. I went to the store and I found him there, he just started drinking so I went to talk to him. I said :” so you didn’t tell on me .”,  he said :” no I didn’t but don’t do the same thing I did . be better than me, you can change your life now. complete your education or you will end up like me”.

after we finished talking I went to the library and took 100 books to read them, I have to make a change to make my future better and achieve my goals.

6

Respected Mr.Cattanzara,

I’m writing you this letter to thank you for what you’ve done. You changed my life upside down, I guess my lie came back on me with a long term benefits .

In the mean time I work as an accountant in a company. I’ve achieved all my goals , I got a big house , beautiful wife , a nice car and a lot of money . I’m happy with my life all thanks to you.

In the past I’ve been lazy and I didn’t have a strong motivation. thanks to you “change maker” my laziness is over .when I stayed in home for a week afraid to face the consequences of the actions and the lies that I made , it was the hardest time of my life and I would never repeat what I’ve done.

As I changed I understood that I have to work hard to gain respect. Completing my education was the best thing I’ve done in my life all thanks to you.

I don’t think that this will help you change your life but I want you to be happy because you’ve changed someone else’s life .

yours,

George.

7
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Ad Remove Ads [X]
Skip to content