Adoption of Cloud Computing Solutions

by David Barbara

This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Adoption of Cloud Computing Solutions

A recent article I wrote on cloud providers UK was aimed at answering the age-old question of whether cloud services Read More
  • Joined Sep 2021
  • Published Books 2

In today’s business world, there is a growing trend of companies adopting a cloud architecture. They are doing so because of several advantages it provides. By migrating to a cloud-service platform, your company will be able to leverage resources and reduce costs, while also increasing productivity. When you are choosing which cloud to go with, you need to weigh the benefits your business will enjoy when moving into a digital transformation environment. You can do this by comparing the following key points with one another:

 

Cloud Computing:

What Does It Offer? Cloud computing basically means transferring the data from a user’s desktop computer to a provider’s server. Typically, the service provided is based on the user’s agreement with the provider. However, it is important to point out that a cloud computing virtual platform can be customized to meet the needs of every organization. The basic service model involves a business user or business enterprise renting physical hardware from a host vendor, while also using the cloud computing virtual platform to run applications on the provider’s infrastructure. Different types of service models are offered by cloud computing companies that include:

 

IaaS:

This is an application platform offering hosted software – which can be run on a browser and use the web services like file sharing, collaboration, messaging and much more. The biggest advantage of using IaaS is the cost benefit, as users only need to pay for what they use. An IaaS provider can literally provide thousands of servers, each containing the required software, without requiring additional investment. With IaaS, there is a near zero cost transition from a desktop to a cloud environment. Many companies are already realizing the benefits of digital transformation and investing in IaaS-based computing power to help them achieve their business objectives.

 

PaaS:

Also known as Platform as a Service, PaaS is a form of computing technology that uses the server as a marketplace where multiple vendors offer cloud computing solutions, with each selling virtual resources and software such as connectivity, platform development and management. Typically, a company requires cloud computing services that are fast and easily accessible through the internet. With PaaS, a company is able to purchase their necessary virtual resources from only one vendor, reducing operational costs. In addition, it is a flexible option that is ideal for start-ups and other small organizations without IT support.

 

Hybrid:

A hybrid model is a blend of the two approaches mentioned above. IaaS and PaaS allow users to purchase virtual server needs from any vendor who offers these services. But unlike IaaS or PaaS, a hybrid provider typically sells both server and software as a service (SaaS), with each vendor contributing their own expertise. Through this arrangement, a company can utilize cloud computing virtual power but is not required to spend on licensing costs.

 

Private Cloud:

A private cloud incorporates components from several providers so as to provide more flexibility when it comes to choosing the right solutions. This way, customers can have access to different virtual operating systems from different vendors without having to purchase separate servers. This also reduces infrastructure costs, since the software and hardware do not require large investments. One advantage of using private cloud computing is the cost of infrastructure is less expensive than public clouds. Through the use of digital tools, transformation cloud application can create digital dashboards to monitor all aspects of the servers and programs.

 

Hybrid Cloud:

A hybrid cloud allows a company to effectively manage its resources and programs. In most cases, a business utilizes both IaaS and PaaS to deliver its cloud-based services. This provides a company with greater flexibility when it comes to managing different projects. The approach makes it easier for companies to gain access to a virtual operating system as well as other tools and also enables companies to develop a digital transformation strategy.

 

Different models of cloud are available, with many vendors contributing to the open source community. It therefore benefits enterprises to try out the various models and to test their applications in the clouds before making the switch to a more traditional hardware environment. It is important that an enterprise adopts a digital transformation service that best suits its needs. This will reduce operational costs and boost productivity.

2
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Ad Remove Ads [X]
Skip to content