Alcohol by Gal Gourian - Ourboox.com
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Alcohol

  • Joined Mar 2023
  • Published Books 11

Here some intersting facts about alcohol:

Alcohol affects men and women differently.

After a young woman and a young man drink the same amount of alcohol, the woman will have a higher blood alcohol level. This is because younger women produce less of the enzyme alcohol dehydrogenase, which breaks down alcohol in the stomach.

Alcohol can lower blood sugar levels.

The symptoms of alcohol intoxication and hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) are similar. Diabetics should monitor their blood sugar levels while drinking, as hypoglycemia requires appropriate medical attention. If you are diabetic, talk to your doctor before drinking alcohol.

2
Alcohol by Gal Gourian - Ourboox.com

Many factors influence how people react to alcohol.

Your age, gender, genetics, overall health and history of alcohol abuse can influence how your body reacts to alcohol. Alcohol flows through your organs based on the amount of water that is in them. Typically, women and older men have less water in their organs. As a result, less alcohol can enter their organs, so it stays in their bloodstreams for longer periods of time instead.

 

Drinking does not actually warm you up

Consuming alcohol causes blood to rush to the skin’s surface, which makes you feel warmer. However, alcohol causes blood vessels to dilate, making you actually lose heat more quickly. Alcohol also impedes the body’s warmth process by causing chills.

4
Alcohol by Gal Gourian - Ourboox.com
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Skip to content