Amish peaple by hallel shillinger - Illustrated by Hallel and Roni A - Ourboox.com
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Amish peaple

by

Artwork: Hallel and Roni A

  • Joined Feb 2022
  • Published Books 2

How is the Amish?

The Amish arived from Swiss Germany in the early 18th century to America and they cande of stay in this century.

The Amish dont use electricity,electrical appliance ,smart phone, cars and TV, and all this happend because they want to focus more on family life.

Insted cars they use horses and carriage, insted smart phone they use a telephone booth, insted lamps they use candels, Amish dont ues bikes and insted they have a combination of bakies and scooter.

The Amish trying to avoid from non Amish.

 

2
Amish peaple by hallel shillinger - Illustrated by Hallel and Roni A - Ourboox.com

Way of life

The Amish are protestants and very religious and they raise ther children with that faith.

Most of the children are studying in an private school but 10% of them study in pablic school.

Most of them study through eighth grade and arter eighth grade through 21 years old (max) they will go through a period called “Romspringa”.

During this period part of them get out from the cmunity and traing the “real world” and most of them coming back to the cmunity to join her. In this period most of them stat deting and meet some new franides in ther age. When they coming back and deciding that they what to join to the cmunity they immerse and they are now they part of the cmunity. And most of them ending ther period with marriage.

The Amish are woke in farming, carpentry, home building, roofing contracting, barn building, shop owners and more.

 

 

 

 

4
Amish peaple by hallel shillinger - Illustrated by Hallel and Roni A - Ourboox.com

Amish families

In the Amish life the family is very importent.

In typical family ther are 7-10 children.

Becuose this the Amish are one of the fastest-growing population in America.

All the family members are taking care of older family members, becuase they respect them.

Most of the older family members are live close to there family.

The most popler last names in the Amish cumity are- Stoltzfus, King, Fisher, Beiler, and Lapp. The most popelr first names for men are- John, Amos, Samuel, Daniel, and David. And the most popelr first names for women are- Mary, Rebecca, Sarah, Katie, and Annie.

 

6
Amish peaple by hallel shillinger - Illustrated by Hallel and Roni A - Ourboox.com

Closing and houses

The Amish close are very simpel. The close are part of the Amish customs.

The men were dark suits, broadfall trousers, solid-colored shirts, black socks and shoes, and black hats or straw hat, they dont have mustaches but they gorw beards arter they get married.

The women are were solid-colored dresses, they never cut there hair and they cverd ther hair with a bun.

The women cant were any jewelry or printed fabrics.

The houses of the Amish also very simple.

They have jous one sink in the house and all of ther cooking and baking are Base on wood, all of there badroomes are Upstairs.

8
Amish peaple by hallel shillinger - Illustrated by Hallel and Roni A - Ourboox.com
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Ad Remove Ads [X]
Skip to content