Benefits of Software-defined storage by Clifford Gilman - Ourboox.com
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Benefits of Software-defined storage

  • Joined Jul 2022
  • Published Books 1

Benefits of Software-defined storage

By making the storage resources programmable, software-defined storage allows organizations to uncouple the data from hardware with great flexibility and simplicity. This means the biggest benefit of software-defined storage is organizations can easily automate and orchestrate their data, and avoid working in functional or non-functional silos. There are also other benefits of software-defined storage systems (great example is Starwind – https://www.starwindsoftware.com/software-defined-storage) like greater control over the data that ensure data protection.

Scroll down to find the primary benefits of software-defined storage systems:

1.        Flexibility

There is no need to invest in a new storage infrastructure while choosing software-defined solutions. Instead, organizations can deploy the software solutions on the existing systems and not have to invest in new infrastructure. This means the total cost of ownership is really less compared to other technologies out there. Moreover, whenever there is a need for more storage, organizations can simply add flash storage and increase their storage conveniently.

 

Be it hardware, or on virtual, container, or cloud platforms, organizations can simply configure their existing IT infrastructure and improve performance and organizational agility with software-defined storage solutions.

 

2.        Convenience and cost savings

Needless to say, when there is no need of investing in IT infrastructure, the total cost of ownership is less. Moreover, whenever there is a need for additional storage for new processes and workloads, organizations can add more storage. There is no need to change the underlying technology to add more storage or even disrupt the service whenever there is a new workload or storage need. Instead, the software environment allows organizations to manage these processes remotely and conveniently.

 

3.        Greater efficiency

The simplified management not only keeps the cost down but also allows the organizations to continue their processes without any disruptions in the service. Some software-defined storage systems are intelligently designed to identify new problems and troubleshoot them effectively. Additionally, some of the systems can identify these problems and troubleshoot them automatically without any human intervention.

 

4.        Scalability

There is also an option to increase storage without disrupting the service with the software-defined systems. Unlike traditional systems, there is no limit to how many nodes organizations can attach to and improve their processes.

Conclusion,

These are the major benefits that almost all organizations indicate after the deployment of software-defined storage solutions. And while these are direct benefits, there are also indirect benefits that are not apparent. However, you will realize the benefits once you deploy software-defined storage systems.

2
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Ad Remove Ads [X]
Skip to content