cooking with anthony by Anthony Juarez - Ourboox.com
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

cooking with anthony

  • Joined May 2020
  • Published Books 2

              FLUFFY PANCAKES

 

INGREDIENTS

DIRECTIONS

Combine milk with vinegar in a medium bowl and set aside for 5 minutes to “sour”.

 

Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Whisk egg and butter into “soured” milk. Pour the flour mixture into the wet ingredients and whisk until lumps are gone

 

Heat a large skillet over medium heat, and coat with cooking spray. Pour 1/4 cupfuls of batter onto the skillet, and cook until bubbles appear on the surface. Flip with a spatula, and cook until browned on the other side.

2
cooking with anthony by Anthony Juarez - Ourboox.com

         BAKED TERIYAKI CHICKEN

INGREDIENTS

DIRECTIONS

 

  • In a small saucepan over low heat, combine the cornstarch, cold water, sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, ginger and ground black pepper. Let simmer, stirring frequently, until sauce thickens and bubbles.

  • Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).

    Place chicken pieces in a lightly greased 9×13 inch baking dish. Brush chicken with the sauce. Turn pieces over, and brush again.

  • Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Turn pieces over, and bake for another 30 minutes, until no longer pink and juices run clear. Brush with sauce every 10 minutes during cooking.

4
cooking with anthony by Anthony Juarez - Ourboox.com

        GROUND TURKEY TACOS

INGREDIENTS

DIRECTIONS

  1. Preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add turkey; cook and stir until browned, about 5 minutes. Add tomato sauce, water, green chile peppers, onion, taco seasoning, and garlic; simmer, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about 30 minutes.
  2. Spoon turkey mixture over tortillas. Top with lettuce, Cheddar cheese, tomatoes, green onion, cilantro, and sliced olives.
6
cooking with anthony by Anthony Juarez - Ourboox.com

              SCRUMPTIOUS                         STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE

INGREDIENTS

DIRECTIONS

  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

  • In a large bowl, mix flour, 1/4 cup sugar, baking powder and cream of tartar. Cut in butter with pastry blender or two knives. Stir in cream and egg. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead 2 minutes. Press into a half-inch thick sheet. Cut into squares. Place on baking sheets.

    Bake in preheated oven 20 minutes, or until golden. Sprinkle 3 tablespoons sugar over sliced berries.

  • Let shortcakes cool before splitting and filling with sugared berries.

8
cooking with anthony by Anthony Juarez - Ourboox.com

      CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES

INGREDIENTS

DIRECTIONS

  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

  • Cream together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Dissolve baking soda in hot water. Add to batter along with salt. Stir in flour, chocolate chips, and nuts. Drop by large spoonfuls onto ungreased pans.

  • Bake for about 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are nicely browned.

10
cooking with anthony by Anthony Juarez - Ourboox.com

               SLOPPY JOES

INGREDIENTS

DIRECTIONS

  1. Melt butter in a heavy skillet over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir until onion starts to brown, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and black.
  2. Mix ground turkey and 1/2 cup cold water into onions. Cook and stir, breaking up the meat, until it begins to brown, about 2 minutes. Add ketchup, brown sugar, cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper. Cook and stir until liquid is reduced, about 5 minutes. Stir in Worcestershire sauce and cocoa powder. Cook, stirring frequently and adding up to 1 cup water if needed, until meat is cooked through and liquid is reduced and thick, 20 to 30 minutes.
  3. Preheat the oven’s broiler and set the oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source. Toast hamburger buns until golden, 2 to 3 minutes.
  4. Remove turkey mixture from the heat and mix in green onions and Cheddar cheese. Serve on toasted hamburger buns.
12
cooking with anthony by Anthony Juarez - Ourboox.com

              CINNAMON ROLLS

DIRECTIONS

  • In the pan of your bread machine, combine water, 1/4 cup melted butter, vanilla pudding, 1 cup warm milk, egg, 1 tablespoon sugar, salt, bread flour, and yeast. Set machine to Dough cycle; press Start.

  • When Dough cycle has finished, turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and roll into a 17×10 inch rectangle. Spread with 1/2 cup softened butter. In a small bowl, stir together brown sugar, cinnamon, and pecans. Sprinkle brown sugar mixture over dough.

  • Butter a 9×13-inch baking pan.

  • Roll up dough, beginning with long side. Slice into 16 one-inch slices; place in prepared pan. Let rolls rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes.

  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

  • Bake rolls in preheated oven until browned, 15 to 20 minutes.

  • Stir together cream cheese, 1/4 cup softened butter, confectioners’ sugar, vanilla extract, and 1 1/2 teaspoons milk. Remove rolls from oven and let cool until warm; spread frosting over warm rolls.

14
cooking with anthony by Anthony Juarez - Ourboox.com

                ENCHILADAS

INGREDIENTS

DIRECTIONS

  • Cover a large griddle with aluminum foil and preheat to medium-high.

  • Cook the garlic, serrano peppers, and tomatillos on the hot griddle until toasted and blackened, turning occasionally, about 5 minutes for the garlic, 10 minutes for the peppers, and 15 minutes for the tomatillos. Remove to a bowl and allow to cool.

  • Heat oil in a small, deep skillet to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Using kitchen tongs, fry the tortillas individually, turning them once. They shouldn’t be in the hot oil for more than 5 seconds per side. Remove excess oil with paper towels and keep warm. Remember that the hotter the oil, the less that the tortillas will absorb.

  • Place the toasted garlic, serrano peppers, tomatillos, and the water in a blender and blend until smooth; pour into a saucepan over medium heat and bring to a boil. Dissolve the chicken bouillon into the mixture, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook at a simmer until slightly thickened, about 10 minutes. The sauce shouldn’t be too thick.

  • Soak three tortillas in the sauce, one at a time, for a few seconds, fill them with shredded chicken, sprinkle the meat with some of the sauce, roll them and place them seam side down on a pasta bowl. Spoon a generous amount of sauce over them and top them with lettuce, cilantro, crema, and cotija cheese. Pour a little more sauce over the whole thing if desired. Repeat the procedure twice more. Serve immediately.

16
cooking with anthony by Anthony Juarez - Ourboox.com

                   LASAGNA

INGREDIENTS

DIRECTIONS

  • In a large skillet over medium heat, cook beef until brown. Drain. In another skillet over medium heat, cook onion until translucent. Combine beef and onion in a large saucepan with tomato paste, crushed tomatoes, water, oregano, garlic powder, salt, pepper and sugar. Cook over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer 1 hour.

  • While sauce is simmering, blend cottage cheese, Parmesan and egg until smooth. Set aside.

  • Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.

  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

  • Spread 1 cup of sauce in the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish. Cover sauce with 3 noodles. Cover noodles with one-third of remaining sauce. Top with half the mozzarella. Place another layer of noodles and one of sauce over the mozzarella; top that with the cottage cheese mixture. Top with remaining 3 noodles and remaining sauce.

  • Bake in preheated oven 30 minutes. Sprinkle remaining mozzarella on top and bake 15 minutes more, until golden and bubbly.

18
cooking with anthony by Anthony Juarez - Ourboox.com

          PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE

INGREDIENTS

DIRECTIONS

  • Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).

  • In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar and vanilla. Beat until smooth. Blend in eggs one at a time. Remove 1 cup of batter and spread into bottom of crust; set aside.

    Add pumpkin, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg to the remaining batter and stir gently until well blended. Carefully spread over the batter in the crust.

  • Bake in preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes, or until center is almost set. Allow to cool, then refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight. Cover with whipped topping before serving.

20
cooking with anthony by Anthony Juarez - Ourboox.com
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Ad Remove Ads [X]
Skip to content