Education !01!
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Education 101. Hassle Free Classroom Management

I'm an educator and an entrepreneur who would like to see more and more students learning out of interest and Read More
  • Joined Jan 2019
  • Published Books 2
Education 101. Hassle Free Classroom Management by Dovi Holtz - Ourboox.com

Teaching Against Traffic

 

Does the way you deal with classroom discipline problems, actually encourage those same problems?

 

How many times have you attempted to teach and had students interrupt the lesson? What did you do when this happened?

 

If you’re like most new teachers, you’ll stop the lesson, reprimand the student and then try to get back on track. If this is what you usually do, I’d like you to check out the following video and see what you think about the possible price…

 

 

3

Putting Out Fire With Gasoline – Demonstrating the Problem

How does stopping to discipline feel?

(If doesn’t open click on the link)

 

https://youtu.be/zMnOgvptM-I

4

Driving Against Traffic – The Effect on the Classroom

The effects of this method on the the teacher and the class vs the effect on the student being disciplined.

(If doesn’t open click on the link)

 

https://youtu.be/RxsKGOmDgHU

5

So what have we learned?

As Charles Kettering said: ‘A problem well stated is a problem half solved’.

 

So what do you think? Could it be that the way we attempt to get students back on track is actually part of the problem? If so, we should name the problem. Teaching in the classroom while stopping every few minutes to deal with discipline, stops the lesson flow, and raises frustration levels in the classroom by everyone.

 

That being said. we should keep stopping the lesson as seldom as possible.

 

Let’s see if we could come up with a number of ideas how to resolve to do this on our own…

 

Please leave some ideas on the next page (double click on the background or click on the + to add a new idea):

6

נוצר בעזרת Padlet
7
Education 101. Hassle Free Classroom Management by Dovi Holtz - Ourboox.com

Teaching Like a Goalie 

 

Did you come up with any interesting ways to stop the recurrence of discipline problems in the classroom?

 

We’re very excited to check it out, since we’re always looking for ways to improve ourselves.

 

We’d like to share with you another way that we found helped many teachers that we worked with. We learned this method from watching soccer (or football if you’re not from the US…) coaches while refereeing games. To see what they have to teach, please check out the following video.

 

9

Be Prepared – What Could Soccer Teach us in the Classroom?

The benefits of foresight while dealing with discipline.

(If doesn’t open click on the link)

 

http://vizia.co/videos/f24eb471c456e1c5e2f40a/share

10

So what have we learned?

Although a soccer referee could be optimistic about the outcome of the game, he comes prepared with cards, flags, a whistle and the like. He also has rules to deal with recurring offenses. This allows the game to flow much more smoothly and makes it more enjoyable for all involved.

 

The same can be said in the classroom. Coming prepared, with reconnecting cards or any other method that doesn’t stop the flow of the lesson, could be the difference between an enjoyable lesson to an energy draining experience.

 

So what do you think? Do we have what to learn from soccer coaches? How do you think this method would effect your students?

 

Share your thoughts in the questionnaire on the next page!

 

 

11

12

If you think these ideas have been useful, you might want to check out our full course at udemy.com.

 

Http://bit.ly/HassleFreeClassroom

 

13
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Ad Remove Ads [X]
Skip to content