The friendship by Ivana - Illustrated by Ivana, Meggie and Marina - Ourboox.com
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

The friendship

by

Artwork: Ivana, Meggie and Marina

  • Joined May 2021
  • Published Books 3

Last year I was chosen to travel to London for our school international project. I was very happy and enthusiastic about my visit to this world famous city and was looking forward to meeting new friends from different countries. When the day for our departure came I couldn’t sleep at all the previous night.

The  flight took 3 hours. It was very exciting as we travelled and I didn’t stop pointing down at things to Meggie, the other girl from our school, who was also attending the international project meeting. We could see many cities, villages and mountains below.

Finally we landed at Heathrow, the biggest airport in Europe and headed for our accommodation .We stayed with host families and there we met Marina, my new lovely host and friend. During the day we had project activities like workshops, exploring the school and attending lessons. Their timetable and the studied subjects seemed easier than ours. 

2

In the evening we went sightseeing in the city. We saw Big Ben, Buckingham Palace and much more. What impressed me the most was the long walk along the South bank of the river Thames. I saw amazing sights and took a lot of pictures. We were sad on the day of our departure and started looking forward to our next adventure with Marina.

3
The friendship by Ivana - Illustrated by Ivana, Meggie and Marina - Ourboox.com

Our next meeting was in Paris, France.  All three of us were very excited and looked forward to meeting again.  There were many tourists from different countries in Paris at this time of the year.  Meggie, Marina and I were staying at a hotel near the Louvre.  One day we decided to go to the Eiffel Tower.  On the way we sat in a cafe, where we ate breakfast and drank fresh.  Everything was amazing.  The people in the cafe were extremely kind and warm.  

When we climbed to the highest point of the Eiffel Tower, we realized that they offered bungee jumping.  Then the three of us looked at each other and realized that it would be a great idea if we jumped together.  Tickets were 60 euros per person. So we decided to make it.  The experience was amazing.  Everything was wonderful until we got back to the hotel.  When we entered the room, we realized that someone had broken into it.  

5

All our luggage was missing, everything was messy and broken.  We immediately called the hotel reception.  The hotel manager reacted quickly and called the police.  The police came half an hour later and investigated our case.  Fortunately, the next day they found the offender and returned our luggage.

6
The friendship by Ivana - Illustrated by Ivana, Meggie and Marina - Ourboox.com

The last stop we made was Vienna, Austria. We were excited, when we moved around to Belvedere, a castle built in between 1714 and 1723. It was so beautiful and impressive and Marina, Maggie and I decided to take pictures in front of it, like all the other tourists around us. Marina has an big advantage because she could speak German with all the population of Vienna which was quiet cool because we came to places we would have never find without the insider knowledge. There was one little coffeehouse called ‚Susi’s Kaffeewelt’ where we drank a hot chocolate with caramel flavour and little marshmallows on top of a cream topping. After that we ate some nice burgers in another small restaurant, that used to take regional products to help against the climate change. A few days later the project already finished and the three girls came back home. They decided to stay in contact and therefore they found a new project. 

8

Together they want to travel around the world but everybody for their own so that they can see as many countries as possible and bring their travel experiences together in a blog. And now, you’ll find them doing their own big adventure together.

9
The friendship by Ivana - Illustrated by Ivana, Meggie and Marina - Ourboox.com

This short story was created by Ivana and Meggie from Bulgaria and Marina from Germany for the project ERA+ Integrated learning challenges.

 

 

image.png

11
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Ad Remove Ads [X]
Skip to content