GREECE

by Yaprak Antel

This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

GREECE

  • Joined Nov 2021
  • Published Books 7
GREECE by Yaprak Antel - Ourboox.com

Eastern Mediterranean University

English Language Teaching Department

CITE211-01

Holiday Task

By:

Yaprak Antel

Melisa Kayruhan

Mediha Düzova

 

3

GREECE

4

Greece is a country in southeast Europe with thousands of islands scattered over the Aegean and Ionian oceans.It is sometimes referred to as the cradle of Western civilisation because of its historical significance.The Acropolis citadel with the Parthenon temple, built in the 5th century B.C., is still standing in Athens, the country’s capital.From the black sands of Santorini to the party resorts of Mykonos, Greece is recognized for its beaches.

Being of 2018, its population was estimated to be over 10.7 million, with Athens as the largest and capital city, followed by Thessaloniki.

Macedonia, Central Greece, the Peloponnese, Thessaly, Epirus, the Aegean Islands (including the Dodecanese and Cyclades), Thrace, Crete, and the Ionian Islands are the nine historic geographic areas of Greece.

Greece is regarded as the origin of Western civilization, having produced democracy, Western philosophy, Western literature, historiography, political science, important scientific and mathematical ideas, theater, and the Olympic Games.

5

Places to visit

 Athens- Acropolis

The Acropolis of Athens is an ancient citadel perched atop a rocky outcrop above the city of Athens. It houses the ruins of several important architectural and historical structures, the most famous of which is the Parthenon. It was also known as Cecropia in ancient times, after the mythological serpent-man Cecrops, the purported first Athenian ruler.

6
GREECE by Yaprak Antel - Ourboox.com

Acropolis Museum

The Acropolis Museum is an archaeological museum focused on the findings of the archaeological site of the Acropolis of Athens. The museum was built to house every artifact found on the rock and on the surrounding slopes, from the Greek Bronze Age to Roman and Byzantine Greece.

8
GREECE by Yaprak Antel - Ourboox.com
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Ad Remove Ads [X]
Skip to content