Greece

by Yaprak Antel

Artwork: Yaprak Antel, Melisa Kayruhan, Mediha Düzova

This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Greece

by

Artwork: Yaprak Antel, Melisa Kayruhan, Mediha Düzova

  • Joined Nov 2021
  • Published Books 7
Greece by Yaprak Antel - Illustrated by Yaprak Antel, Melisa Kayruhan, Mediha Düzova - Ourboox.com

Eastern Mediterranean University

 

English Language Teaching Department

 

CITE211-01

 

Holiday Task

 

By:

Yaprak Antel

Melisa Kayruhan

Mediha Düzova

3

GREECE

Greece is a country in southeast Europe with thousands of islands scattered over the Aegean and Ionian oceans.It is sometimes referred to as the cradle of Western civilisation because of its historical significance.The Acropolis citadel with the Parthenon temple, built in the 5th century B.C., is still standing in Athens, the country’s capital.From the black sands of Santorini to the party resorts of Mykonos, Greece is recognized for its beaches.

 

Being of 2018, its population was estimated to be over 10.7 million, with Athens as the largest and capital city, followed by Thessaloniki.

 

Macedonia, Central Greece, the Peloponnese, Thessaly, Epirus, the Aegean Islands (including the Dodecanese and Cyclades), Thrace, Crete, and the Ionian Islands are the nine historic geographic areas of Greece.

 

Greece is regarded as the origin of Western civilization, having produced democracy, Western philosophy, Western literature, historiography, political science, important scientific and mathematical ideas, theater, and the Olympic Games.

4

Travel Guide

Turkey-Greece Tour

 

Day 1 

Istanbul Short Tour

Istiklal Street Walking Tour

Galata Tower

 

Day 2

Ahens-Acropolis

Athens-Acropolis Museum

 

Day 3

Athens-Market of Plaka

 

Day 4

Mykonos Town

Mykonos Windmills

Matoyianni Street

Alefkandra

The Paradise Beach

 

Day 5

Delos

Mykonos-Market of Plaka

 

5

Day 1

Turkey-Greece Tour

 

Istiklal Street Walking Tour

 

It is a popular street located between Tünel Square and Taksim Square in the Beyoğlu district of Istanbul. Maintaining the title of being the most popular street in Turkey since the end of the 19th century, the street is 1.4 km long. It is accepted as the place where Yeniçarşı Street crosses the street and where the 50th Anniversary Monument is located. It forms the main axis of Beyoğlu district together with Tarlabaşı Boulevard lying in parallel. Istiklal Street, which is located at an average altitude of 74 meters, covers 9 different neighborhoods administratively.

 

 

6
Greece by Yaprak Antel - Illustrated by Yaprak Antel, Melisa Kayruhan, Mediha Düzova - Ourboox.com

Day 1

 

Galata Tower

The Galata Tower, or the Galata Tower Museum, as it was called after it began to be used as a museum, is a tower located in the Beyoğlu district of Istanbul, Turkey. It takes its name from the Galata district where it is located. Built as a watchtower within the Galata Walls, the tower is now used as an exhibition space and a museum. It is one of the symbolic structures of both Beyoğlu and Istanbul.

9
Greece by Yaprak Antel - Illustrated by Yaprak Antel, Melisa Kayruhan, Mediha Düzova - Ourboox.com

Places to visit

Day 2

 Athens- Acropolis 

 

The Acropolis of Athens is an ancient citadel perched atop a rocky outcrop above the city of Athens. It houses the ruins of several important architectural and historical structures, the most famous of which is the Parthenon. It was also known as Cecropia in ancient times, after the mythological serpent-man Cecrops, the purported first Athenian ruler.

 

Duration: Total 1hour 30 minutes

 

11
Greece by Yaprak Antel - Illustrated by Yaprak Antel, Melisa Kayruhan, Mediha Düzova - Ourboox.com

Day 2

Athens- Acropolis Museum 

 

The Acropolis Museum is an archaeological museum focused on the findings of the archaeological site of the Acropolis of Athens. The museum was built to house every artifact found on the rock and on the surrounding slopes, from the Greek Bronze Age to Roman and Byzantine Greece.

 

Duration: It will take you approximately 2 hours to tour the Acropolis Museum.

 

13
Greece by Yaprak Antel - Illustrated by Yaprak Antel, Melisa Kayruhan, Mediha Düzova - Ourboox.com

Day 3

Athens-Market of Plaka

 

The Plaka in Athens, is the city’s oldest neighborhood, and most of it has been relegated to foot traffic. It is often the favorite neighborhood for both locals and visitors, because it is one of the nicest. It wasn’t always that way though. Plaka Greece used to be a hangout oriented towards nightlife. In the 1970’s, however, the government banned the loud music pouring out of the Plaka nightclubs, and the neighborhood started to see a change. Plaka began to commercialize and is now home to an array of shops, restaurants and cafes. The Plaka market is full of merchants selling various items and keepsakes, especially on Sundays.

 

Duratıon: Total 3 hours

 

 

15
Greece by Yaprak Antel - Illustrated by Yaprak Antel, Melisa Kayruhan, Mediha Düzova - Ourboox.com

Day 4

Mykonos Town

 

Mykonos is a Greek island, part of the Cyclades, lying between Tinos, Syros, Paros and Naxos. The island has an area of 85.5 square kilometres (33.0 sq mi) and rises to an elevation of 341 metres (1,119 feet) at its highest point. There are 10,134 inhabitants according to the 2011 census, most of whom live in the largest town, Mykonos, which lies on the west coast. The town is also known as Chora (i.e. ‘Town’ in Greek, following the common practice in Greece when the name of the island itself is the same as the name of the principal town).

 

Duration: Total 2 hours 30 minues

 

 

 

17
Greece by Yaprak Antel - Illustrated by Yaprak Antel, Melisa Kayruhan, Mediha Düzova - Ourboox.com

Day 4

Mykonos Windmills

 

The Mykonos windmills are iconic feature of the Greek island of the Mykonos. The windmills can be seen from every point of the village of Mykonos.The windmills are the first thing seen when coming into the harbour of Alefkandra.Most windmills face towards the North where the island’s climate sources its strongest winds over the largest part of the year. There are currently 16 windmills on Mykonos of which seven are positioned on the landmark hill in Chora. Most of them were built by the Venetians in the 16th century, but their construction continued into the early 20th century. They were primarily used to mill wheat. They were an important source of income for the inhabitants. The architecture of each of them is similar, all have a round shape, white colour and a pointed roof and very small windows.One of these windmills has been transformed into a museum. The whole village of Chora and part of the harbour are visible from this point.

 

Duratıon: Total 3 hours

 

19
Greece by Yaprak Antel - Illustrated by Yaprak Antel, Melisa Kayruhan, Mediha Düzova - Ourboox.com

Day 4

Matoyianni Street, Mykonos Town

 

The retail and nightlife hub of the island, Matoyianni Street serves as Mykonos Island’s main shopping street. In the daytime, the sun reflects off the white buildings and illuminates the stone-paved walkways. Small shops display their wares on the pathways with jewelry, souvenirs, clothes, and handicrafts. Tiny cafes and restaurants decorate the storefronts; many of these offer traditional food made to order. After dark, the cafes and bar come to life with visitors and locals sharing stories over wine.

 

Duration:hours 30 minutes

 

21
Greece by Yaprak Antel - Illustrated by Yaprak Antel, Melisa Kayruhan, Mediha Düzova - Ourboox.com

Day 4

Alefkandra

 

Mykonos Little Venice(also called Alefkandra area) is one of the most famous and charming areas in Mykonos island. Mykonos Little Venice is a colourful neighborhood between the Castro and Scarpa, with wooden balconies “hanging” above the sea. From here you can enjoy one of the most beautiful and romantic sunsets in all of Greece. A favourite activity is drinking a coctail in one of the many bars and cafes while watching the sunset on the seashore. You will reach Little Venice walking from the windmills down the stairs. It is also only a five minute walk from Fabrika bus station and there is a sign for it on the other side of the square.

[Total 5 minute walk from the windmills]

23
Greece by Yaprak Antel - Illustrated by Yaprak Antel, Melisa Kayruhan, Mediha Düzova - Ourboox.com

Day 4

The Paradise Beach – Greece

 

One of the most iconic beaches, not only in Greece, but in the world.Located in Mykonos, Paradise Beach Resort is on the beach. Mykonos Old Port and Mykonos New Port are worth checking out if an activity is on the agenda, while those wishing to experience the area’s natural beauty can explore Paradise Beach and Super Paradise Beach. Looking to get your feet wet? Scuba diving and water skiing adventures can be found near the property.

25
Greece by Yaprak Antel - Illustrated by Yaprak Antel, Melisa Kayruhan, Mediha Düzova - Ourboox.com

Day 5

 Delos

Mykonos makes a great home base for a short trip to the island of Delos, the birth place of Apollo and Artemis in Greek legend. Delos is uninhabited , and daily ferries can take you there from Mykonos for the chance to explore the ruins. The island’s top sights include the Sacred Harbor, now a dry lake; the Terrace of the Lions, Cleopara’s House, and the House of Dionysius, a luxury private home built in the second century. Delos also boats a museum filled with Greek sculptures and vases as well as small cafe.

28
Greece by Yaprak Antel - Illustrated by Yaprak Antel, Melisa Kayruhan, Mediha Düzova - Ourboox.com
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Ad Remove Ads [X]
Skip to content