GROUP 7 – CERVANTES by Neslihan UÇAROĞLU - Illustrated by Neslihan UÇAROĞLU - Ourboox.com
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

GROUP 7 – CERVANTES

by

Artwork: Neslihan UÇAROĞLU

  • Joined Oct 2016
  • Published Books 17
GROUP 7 – CERVANTES by Neslihan UÇAROĞLU - Illustrated by Neslihan UÇAROĞLU - Ourboox.com

 

THE LEGEND OF ŞAHMERAN
The upper part of her body is a beautiful woman, and the lower part of her body is a mythological creature found in fairy tales of eastern culture. This legend is located in the Tarsus province of the Mediterranean Region. This was called Meran. These serpents, who lived in peace, were intelligent, compassionate, and their queen was called Şahmeran. The wood devil was Jamshab, son of a poor family. Cemşab wants to extract honey from a cave with his friends, but they keep Cemşab in the cave because you can buy more honey. When Cemşab sees a hole leaking in the cave, he expands this hole with his knife and sees a beautiful garden. This garden has unique flowers, a pool and unique snakes. Cemşab, who has lived here for years, earns the trust of Şahmeran, but misses his family and tells him to let him go.
                                  From  Neslihan UÇAROĞLU/TURKEY
3
GROUP 7 – CERVANTES by Neslihan UÇAROĞLU - Illustrated by Neslihan UÇAROĞLU - Ourboox.com

                                       King Matjaž

According to the local legend, King Matjaž was a successful and a higjly skilled ruler. He was adored by his subjects. Because of his popularity, the rival rulers conspired against him. They decided to beat King Matjaž by sending their arimes to fight him. However, King Matjaž was swallowed up by a close-by mountain named Peca. He fell asleep in the caves of the mountain and he’s still sleeping there. According to the legend, the king will wake up again one day, bringing new prosperity and happiness for Slovenia. But that will only happen when his beard grows seven times around the table he’s sitting at.
From Jana Kusterle/SLOVENIA

5
GROUP 7 – CERVANTES by Neslihan UÇAROĞLU - Illustrated by Neslihan UÇAROĞLU - Ourboox.com

O Milagre das Rosas

The legend of the miracle of the roses. XIII century. King Dinis of Portugal and his wife Queen Elisabeth of Aragon.
The king was told that his wife was spending the crown money by doing charitable work. One day, the King decided to surprise his wife when she was on her way to give bread and alms to the poor. He asked her what she was hiding under her clothes and the Queen answered: “They are only roses, my Lord!” He didn’t believe her since in January there weren’t any roses. So, she showed him the beautiful roses she was carrying! The bread had miraculously turned into roses. The word spread throughout the country and from then on the Queen was known as “Saint Elisabeth of Portugal”.
                                                       
                                 From Maria Barrento/PORTUGAL
7
GROUP 7 – CERVANTES by Neslihan UÇAROĞLU - Illustrated by Neslihan UÇAROĞLU - Ourboox.com

La bête du Gévaudan

A wild monster (wolf o human o anothers) who made hundred of victims in La Lozère, a region of France in XVIII century

 

  From Carine Durieux / FRANCE

9
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Ad Remove Ads [X]
Skip to content