How to Write Articles for the Nursing Journals in 5 steps

by ca.edubirdie

This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

How to Write Articles for the Nursing Journals in 5 steps

  • Joined Jan 2021
  • Published Books 15

Journal articles have always been a necessary component of nursing practice. Whether published online or in print, these pieces are an important way for nurses to share their knowledge and experiences with others in the profession. Advanced practice nurses can also write articles to promote the extension of knowledge gained through an advanced nursing degree. Before drafting a journal-worthy paper, nurses should acquaint themselves with the composition process.

  • Draw on their Expertise

It is critical to follow the adage “write what one knows” when drafting an article for a nursing journal. Journals allow nursing experts to share their expert knowledge on the topic, perhaps leading to the development of new strategies and, as a result, more efficient or effective health care delivery. It is critical to ensure that the paper is free of plagiarism and offers a fresh viewpoint on what has already been published in other journals.

  • Research

A professional journal’s core is extensive research. While citing other sources is common, such citations must be used to complement the author’s own research. If the nursing essay is based on physical research, such as laboratory work or other tests, it must include a detailed description of the methodology, test setup, and tools used. A carefully curated assessment accurately represented findings, and a rational, well-constructed discussion that presents the hypothesis in a neutral tone should also be presented.

  • Become Familiar with Journals in the Field

Before submitting an editorial to a nursing journal, authors should familiarize themselves with the types of publications that the journal typically publishes. Some periodicals specialize in a particular area of health care, such as women’s health or cancer. Others may include theoretical studies of care concepts, such as new medical technology. Nurses must have a solid awareness of what works best for each publication.

  • Choose an Article Type

Authors can choose from a variety of nursing journals. An article can again focus on original research undertaken to test a specific method or procedure’s parameters or prove a theory. It could also be a review of previous care-related publications.

  • Editing and Formatting

It is difficult to say how “bad” is “bad” when it comes to writing. Even the most seasoned author can make minor grammatical errors. However, if the composition is so poor that it fails to convey information, the editor may decline to evaluate or even reject the manuscript. Authors can reduce poor composition by having their own group of peer reviewers read and criticize it before submitting it.

Conclusion

Nurses perform a critical role on the front lines of healthcare. They tackle challenges at critical junctures in people’s lives and develop methods to improve patient care. Nurses at all levels should take advantage of the chance to share their skills and knowledge, which can help University and College students by publishing their research and findings, given the steep learning curve and clinical expertise necessary. Nursing is a tough profession, and nurses play a critical role in the success of their organizations and the healthcare industry.

2
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Ad Remove Ads [X]
Skip to content