I Know My Soul by Romi Gal - Ourboox.com
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

I Know My Soul

  • Joined Jan 2021
  • Published Books 2
I Know My Soul by Romi Gal - Ourboox.com

Introduction

From the beginning, the title allows us to guess that this is a very personal song. When the word soul is already mentioned in the title it implies a process, a meaningful experience or a search for meaning.
It is the author who tells about himself in a very detailed and interesting way, which sweeps the reader in a very moving way into his very personal and deep experience. Describing an experience that is supposedly physical, he describes how he tore his soul from its secret place and held it to explore and observe it as clearly and distinctly as a star that stands out in the sky.
3
There are some mentions of light here, which relate directly to faith … the mirror of my eye, the star against the sky, a spark of passion shining on my face. At the end, he writes that he is comforted by a narcotic thought, it just amazed me. The confidence that faith instills in him, brings him to clarity and the deep recognition that he is whole. That he knows his soul. Although he acknowledges that he does not understand everything and he can not actually control it, he acknowledges that his belief in eternal life robs him of happiness or other good things and he chooses not to give it a place, not to fall into the doubts that lead him nowhere significant. He is going through a process of exploration here, he is asking a deep question. He has no answer, he just decides how to deal with it. It’s Magic. This poet left a deep imprint on me and I am really excited about it.
4
The poet uses the past tense in only 4 verbs. Right at the beginning, once in the middle and once at the end. Everything else is described in the present tense. At first he describes the action he allegedly did, tore his soul and held it, of course it is an image. Then he looked at her, in the middle of the song, and explores her. Finally, he describes that he was comforted by the conclusion he had reached. It’s actually a kind of structure that puts order into the poem. There was action here, he explains what its purpose was and then the conclusion or realization of the purpose. There is a lot of use here of images that I find charming. They give the reader a sense that this is a discourse that a person is conducting with himself, an adult who understands life in a certain way and has a deep faith, and on the other hand he wonders like a child. Maybe it’s a teenage boy and maybe it’s the inner child we have even at a very old age. He wonders about his soul, which is a secret that is difficult for us as human beings to understand. This is why he describes tearing it apart and his body contorted. It strengthens the meaning of the soul. The soul is not a heart, physically the body does not need it. And yet, it cannot exist without it. As if it is the oxygen that flows throughout the body.
5
I can really imagine the situation, I do not know why but it immediately connected me to my 10 year old child, who is very curious and sensitive and has a lot of questions about life. And I feel that my job is to infuse that belief within him, to teach him to free himself from the stress of understanding everything. Trusting God that He knows what He is doing and how comfortable and pleasant it is that not everything is under our control. The poet describes how he came to this insight, perhaps also for him it stems from the education he received at home. I am not sure that belief can be said to be the conclusion of a situation. It is more insight and a strong and deep feeling that leads you. That’s why I chose this song. He felt so right to me. So accurate, and reminded me of the day I came to the understanding and consciousness that I was a woman of immense faith. It was an insight, and even though I grew up in a home where faith is the center of life, I had to make it real. Mine. From my soul.
6
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Ad Remove Ads [X]
Skip to content