Lola by Adar Avni - Ourboox.com
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Lola

  • Joined Mar 2023
  • Published Books 10

In loving memory of my dear dog Lola, whom we said goodbye to on September 2nd, 2021. She had been suffering from a cancerous growth, and we had to make the difficult decision to put her to sleep.

 

Lola was with us for 14 years, having joined our family when I was just 10 years old.

Lola was a good dog, always happy for everyone who came home, was very loyal to all the members of the house and brought a lot of light into our home.

2
Lola by Adar Avni - Ourboox.com

I believe that many people have had a dog in the past or present, but I tell this story because Lola helped me overcome a very big fear I had.

 

From first grade, I had a very good friend in elementary school. I would go to her home almost every day after school.

I really enjoyed going to her house and we had a lot of fun together.
In the fourth grade, my friend’s family brought home a dog.
I have always been afraid of dogs that I would see on the street, but as soon as my friend brought a dog home, I informed my mother that I do not agree to come to her house anymore because I am very afraid of dogs.
I suddenly realized that my fear of dogs is really huge, so much so that it makes me cut contact with my best friend at the time.

4

My family realized they had to do something about it, and decided we were bringing a dog home. I strongly objected and said that I don’t want to be afraid in my home. But my mother insisted.

 

On Saturday, May 26, 2007, we went to the kennel to look for the adopted dog.
We arrived at the kennel, and all the dogs were jumping over fences, barking and begging us to take them. Among all these dogs there was one dog sitting on the side, looking at us, but not barking.
This dog looked us straight in the eye. This is of course Lola.
That day we took Lola the puppy, about a month and a half old, home to us in a small box.

 

In retrospect, Lola was very sick when we took her in, and we realized that if we hadn’t adopted her that day, she probably would have died after a few days.

5
Lola by Adar Avni - Ourboox.com

Lola was with me through many of life’s milestones, from my teenage years to my early adulthood. She was a constant source of comfort and joy, and I will always be grateful for the time we shared together.

 

Over time, Lola not only helped me overcome my fear of dogs, but she also helped me develop a deep love and appreciation for these incredible animals.

 

Although Lola is no longer with us, I believe that she is still watching over us from some kind of heaven. Her memory will continue to live on in our hearts.

 

This photo is from the last day with Lola, and this photo means a lot for me.

7
Lola by Adar Avni - Ourboox.com
This free e-book was created with
Ourboox.com

Create your own amazing e-book!
It's simple and free.

Start now

Skip to content